2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
Looks like the Bulls are looking to sign both Bellinelli and Randy Foye...sign me up!

You seem to have a thing for 2nd round picks and bad players. Randy Foye is not the answer to anything.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what people expect out of bench players. We're signing bench players and people act like we should be signing super stars.

Bellinelli and Foye are an answer, they're an answer to bench depth, that's all.

People were clamoring that we need more offense, and now that we're trading a bit of our defense for offense off the bench, people are still unhappy.

wth?

Aggrey Sam‏@CSNBullsInsider

Source confirms Marco Bellinelli's deal with the Bulls is done. Also: Bulls attempting to sign summer-leaguer Malcolm Thomas to 1-year deal.

I doubt we get Thomas, other teams are apparently in the hunt for him too, and can offer more money/more playing time/more years

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
I don't know what people expect out of bench players. We're signing bench players and people act like we should be signing super stars.

Bellinelli and Foye are an answer, they're an answer to bench depth, that's all.

People were clamoring that we need more offense, and now that we're trading a bit of our defense for offense off the bench, people are still unhappy.

wth?

They're not really adding offense, that would imply that any of these guys could create offense/score with some kind of efficiency.

Belinelli is alright, but he can't create his own shot at all. He's basically replacing Korver, and he may be the starting 2 if they dump Rip to save money.

Foye is a chucker that can't drive and can't guard anyone. Kirk used to be decent but he's fading a bit. He also can't get to the basket and is only an okay shooter.

Foye and Hinrich have zero upside and Belinelli has little. If they're going to spend $4 mil on another guard, at least use your trade exception to go after Mayo (he signed for 2 years at 4 per roughly) or get Gerald Green (even less). Those two might have been long term answers.

I think the plan is to send Rips contract out in a S&T for Foye.

I really like what we're doing in the offseason. Adding a bunch of guys off the bench who can handle the ball, drive the lane and create their own shot.

Randy Foye would be a nice combo guard for us.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
I think the plan is to send Rips contract out in a S&T for Foye.

I really like what we're doing in the offseason. Adding a bunch of guys off the bench who can handle the ball, drive the lane and create their own shot.

Randy Foye would be a nice combo guard for us.

None of those guys can drive.

They're not really adding offense, that would imply that any of these guys could create offense/score with some kind of efficiency.

Belinelli is alright, but he can't create his own shot at all. He's basically replacing Korver, and he may be the starting 2 if they dump Rip to save money.

Foye is a chucker that can't drive and can't guard anyone. Kirk used to be decent but he's fading a bit. He also can't get to the basket and is only an okay shooter.

Foye and Hinrich have zero upside and Belinelli has little. If they're going to spend $4 mil on another guard, at least use your trade exception to go after Mayo (he signed for 2 years at 4 per roughly) or get Gerald Green (even less). Those two might have been long term answers.

Bellinelli can create his own shot. Much better than Korver could.

Foye can drive the lane just fine.

These guys are a big improvement over C.J./Lucas

Take a look at C.J. Watsons at-rim percentage and efficiency with the Bulls. Then take a look at Randy Foye's at-rim percentage and efficiency with the Clippers.

It's an improvement.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)

wth?

Some of us have higher standards than 2nd rounders and NBDL standouts.

Basically, we are unhappy that this team went ultraconservative, made no effort whatsoever in the offseason to do ANYTHING. You, however, seem to be reveling in it. Yays for Malcolm Thomas!

Some of us have higher standards than 2nd rounders and NBDL standouts.

Basically, we are unhappy that this team went ultraconservative, made no effort whatsoever in the offseason to do ANYTHING. You, however, seem to be reveling in it. Yays for Malcolm Thomas!

At some point, you have to accept circumstances and stop whining. And by 'you', I mean every Bulls fan everywhere.

Yeah, Derrick tore his ACl. Yeah, it limited our options. Yeah, it sucks.

Lets move on now and can we try to be a little optimistic about changing our bench around for the better now?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
At some point, you have to accept circumstances and stop whining. And by 'you', I mean every Bulls fan everywhere.

Yeah, Derrick tore his ACl. Yeah, it limited our options. Yeah, it sucks.

Lets move on now and can we try to be a little optimistic about changing our bench around for the better now?

f*** that. Im not going to be optimistic about this. If other contenders were signing these players I would be laughing at them.

Im not even factoring in Derrick here. This offseason is dogs*** and you know it, you just wont admit it. There is such a thing as trying to get better without Derrick around.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Im not even factoring in Derrick here. This offseason is dogs*** and you know it, you just wont admit it. There is such a thing as trying to get better without Derrick around.

For example: spending ~4 million or a significant portion of the MLE on a guard who can score and help a basketball team instead of the utterly useless Kirk Hinrich (in attempt to dupe casual fans into not realizing the other lost players because KIRK IS BACK!!!11!)

No, I wouldn't laugh at other teams signing quality bench depth. Some signings I'm not so crazy about, like Nazr Muhammed? I don't like that guy.

I really think people like you are upset because you just havent seen these guys play yet. The moment you see our bench clicking and doing well, and our starters healthy, and Stacey King thinking up new nicknames for these guys....you'll love them, you'll cheer for them, you'll forget you were ever complaining about these signings.

Our old bench was not that good. The only reason they were good, is because of their defense and their chemistry. Well I'm not seeing anybody here clamoring for us to re-sign Asik and Brewer, so the defense is gone. Now we're signing guys who can score. It'll be a different bench, it'll take a while for the chemistry to get there, but I definitely believe this bench can be better than our old bench. Especially when all our starters are healthy again. This is good depth here.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)

Foye is actually a relatively solid bench player. Same can be said for Belinelli. Doesn't matter cause Rose isn't right, but these are pretty solid under the radar signings that keep the bench strong.

I do agree with you regarding Mayo.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
Bellinelli can create his own shot. Much better than Korver could.

Foye can drive the lane just fine.

These guys are a big improvement over C.J./Lucas

Take a look at C.J. Watsons at-rim percentage and efficiency with the Bulls. Then take a look at Randy Foye's at-rim percentage and efficiency with the Clippers.

It's an improvement.

I don't think you really watch these guys or looked at the stats at all. Belinelli, Foye and Kirk combined for 4.3 attempts at the rim last year, and that's with all of them getting very solid minutes on different teams. To put that in perspective, Luol Deng had 3.4 attempts at the rim last year and isn't really a driver either. Foye took over 3 times as many shots from behind the arc as he did at the rim. Also, Foye and Hinrich aren't terribly useful at all the second Rose gets back.

Whether they're better than C.J. and Lucas is only part of the equation. The Bulls also dumped 2, maybe 3 of their wings to get these guys and they will have to absorb a lot of minutes there.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
No, I wouldn't laugh at other teams signing quality bench depth. Some signings I'm not so crazy about, like Nazr Muhammed? I don't like that guy.

I really think people like you are upset because you just havent seen these guys play yet. The moment you see our bench clicking and doing well, and our starters healthy, and Stacey King thinking up new nicknames for these guys....you'll love them, you'll cheer for them, you'll forget you were every complaining about these signings.

Our old bench was not that good. The only reason they were good, is because of their defense and their chemistry. Well I'm not seeing anybody here clamoring for us to re-sign Asik and Brewer, so the defense is gone. Now we're signing guys who can score. It'll be a different bench, it'll take a while for the chemistry to get there, but I definitely believe this bench can be better than our old bench. Especially when all our starters are healthy again. This is good depth here.

LMAO. I stopped right there

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Foye is actually a relatively solid bench player. Same can be said for Belinelli. Doesn't matter cause Rose isn't right, but these are pretty solid under the radar signings that keep the bench strong.

I do agree with you regarding Mayo.

I said I don't really have a problem with Belinelli, though I fear he's our starting 2-guard.

Foye just isn't good. Yes, if you let him shoot 10 times he can score 11 points, but there are plenty of better options for taking those shots.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
f*** that. Im not going to be optimistic about this. If other contenders were signing these players I would be laughing at them.

This. Sooooo much this.