2012-2013 NBA thread

I said I don't really have a problem with Belinelli, though I fear he's our starting 2-guard.

Foye just isn't good. Yes, if you let him shoot 10 times he can score 11 points, but there are plenty of better options for taking those shots.

Bro, C.J. Watson wasn't good either. He was seriously one of the most ineffieint PGs in the NBA these last two seasons. Foye and his 51% TS% is better than Watson and his 49% TS%.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
I said I don't really have a problem with Belinelli, though I fear he's our starting 2-guard.

Foye just isn't good. Yes, if you let him shoot 10 times he can score 11 points, but there are plenty of better options for taking those shots.

The big thing with Foye is he gives you another guy capable of playing some minutes at the point, which with Rose out and Teague being a complete rookie, is pretty important if the Bulls plan on making the playoffs. Especially if Hinrich goes down with injury. And no, I'm not saying he's a good point, rather that he can/has played the point, so in a pinch it is an option.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Well other people on this page agree that Foye and Bellinili are quality bench players so you can ROFL and LMAO at them too.

You're just a malcontent KY

No, Im pissed off at this management that you hold in such high regard that you cannot see how bad of an offseason they are having. Big difference.

These replacement players are GARBAGE. This team is going to be absolute brutality on the eyes

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
No, Im pissed off at this management that you hold in such high regard that you cannot see how bad of an offseason they are having. Big difference.

These replacement players are GARBAGE. This team is going to be absolute brutality on the eyes

Barring grabbing a star, no offseason would make anyone very happy. This team isn't going to win a title or be looked at as a title team until Rose can show he can get back to where he was.

I'll bet you right now we still gonna win 50 games this year. I have no idea why you over rate our old bench so much and under rate our new bench so much.

Yeah, Foye and Bellineli are garbage...but C.J. Watson and Brewer, there were some great players! right?

Brewer still hasn't been picked up by anyone yet btw

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Barring grabbing a star, no offseason would make anyone very happy. This team isn't going to win a title or be looked at as a title team until Rose can show he can get back to where he was.

Come on Gage, the Bulls rolled out the red carpet for Hinrich while Dallas snags Mayo. That right there is absolute bulls***. Same price.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
I'll bet you right now we still gonna win 50 games this year. I have no idea why you over rate our old bench so much and under rate our new bench so much.

Yeah, Foye and Bellineli are garbage...but C.J. Watson and Brewer, there were some great players! right?

You are out of your damn mind

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
Bro, C.J. Watson wasn't good either. He was seriously one of the most ineffieint PGs in the NBA these last two seasons. Foye and his 51% TS% is better than Watson and his 49% TS%.

They both blow. A 51% TS% is far from good from a guy that's supposed to be a "quality bench player". Plus the Bulls already decided they had to spend $4 million to bring back Captain Kirk to take on their stop-gap PG/eventual combo guard role. They added 3 players this off-season that are primarily point guards and none of them are particularly good.

You guys wanna read some funny ass s*** from KC Johnson, note the bold portion:

Hinrich is slated to start at point guard while Derrick Rose recovers from knee surgery, then slide over to back up Richard Hamilton at shooting guard and possibly start there in 2013-14.

That right there is a mother f***ing JOKE. If ANYONE in the Bulls organizations has ideas of Kirk Hinrich starting at the 2 guard in 2013-2014, we have more serious problems than any of us could have thought.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
The big thing with Foye is he gives you another guy capable of playing some minutes at the point, which with Rose out and Teague being a complete rookie, is pretty important if the Bulls plan on making the playoffs. Especially if Hinrich goes down with injury. And no, I'm not saying he's a good point, rather that he can/has played the point, so in a pinch it is an option.

So if their two best options at the point are out, he's useful. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. The only situation where I'd tolerate him is IF Kirk did get hurt. I'd have absolutely no problems with a 28/20 type split at the position between Kirk and Teague. It's not like Foye playing 10 of those minutes would make a massive difference on your record.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
Come on Gage, the Bulls rolled out the red carpet for Hinrich while Dallas snags Mayo. That right there is absolute bulls***. Same price.

I actually think Hinrich is a more important piece and I'm probably higher on Mayo then anyone on this board. However, Mayo absolutely can't play the point. The Bulls clearly needed a PG, hence why they made Hinrich a priority. That said, if you want to completely give up on this year, then I'd argue Mayo would be the better get (as I think he can turn into a solid 2).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
So if their two best options at the point are out, he's useful. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. The only situation where I'd tolerate him is IF Kirk did get hurt. I'd have absolutely no problems with a 28/20 type split at the position between Kirk and Teague. It's not like Foye playing 10 of those minutes would make a massive difference on your record.

Well, I'm not quite sure you can say Teague is a better option then Foye. I fully expect Foye will get a lot of minutes at the point early in the year (as Teague is adjusting). The guy was a late 1st round pick. The odds that he amounts to anything are very low.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)

There's not a chance in hell the Bulls win 50.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
You guys wanna read some funny ass s*** from KC Johnson, note the bold portion:

That right there is a mother f***ing JOKE. If ANYONE in the Bulls organizations has ideas of Kirk Hinrich starting at the 2 guard in 2013-2014, we have more serious problems than any of us could have thought.

Unless Hinrich reverts to his Chicago Bulls form, that is a terrible idea. Even then, it isn't a great idea. And Hinrich has shown very little that he's going to revert to the player he was most of his career with the Bulls.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
Well, I'm not quite sure you can say Teague is a better option then Foye. I fully expect Foye will get a lot of minutes at the point early in the year (as Teague is adjusting). The guy was a late 1st round pick. The odds that he amounts to anything are very low.

I'm not saying that Teague is better than Foye, I'm saying that the impact that Foye could make in those 10-15 minutes he gets instead of Teague (unless he plays the 2 as well, in which case, ugh) is of little significance in the big picture.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
I'm not saying that Teague is better than Foye, I'm saying that the impact that Foye could make in those 10-15 minutes he gets instead of Teague (unless he plays the 2 as well, in which case, ugh) is of little significance in the big picture.

EVERY SINGLE MOVE the Bulls have made this offseason have little significance in the big picture.

Is it possible the Bulls were waiting to see what was gonna happen with Asik before they started doing something? Hoops hype has Bellinelli and Foye in the top 3 of SGs still available. Foye shot a ton of 3's last year and made a respectable 38% of them, better than Bellinelli's respectable 37%.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
I actually think Hinrich is a more important piece and I'm probably higher on Mayo then anyone on this board. However, Mayo absolutely can't play the point. The Bulls clearly needed a PG, hence why they made Hinrich a priority. That said, if you want to completely give up on this year, then I'd argue Mayo would be the better get (as I think he can turn into a solid 2).

Just no. Getting a long term option at the 2 is far more important than whether we get Kirk Hinrich or some other reject at PG in the 50 or so games this year. Barring a miraculous comeback by Rose, they're not making any kind of noise in the playoffs this year anyways (assuming they even make it, which would require near perfect health). I'd MUCH rather have Mayo and someone like Aaron Brooks than splurge for Kirk.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)

I don't know how many minutes Foye gets, but he's consistently been a 25 mpg type guy (including on a good Clippers team last year). I expect him to get solid minutes at both positions. And it isn't like the signing of Foye has prevented the Bulls of signing anyone else (and that is even if they sign Foye). He's probably the best guard on the market right now and you are talking about a vet min deal.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Just no. Getting a long term option at the 2 is far more important than whether we get Kirk Hinrich or some other reject at PG in the 50 or so games this year. Barring a miraculous comeback by Rose, they're not making any kind of noise in the playoffs this year anyways (assuming they even make it, which would require near perfect health). I'd MUCH rather have Mayo and someone like Aaron Brooks than splurge for Kirk.

The other question is whether Mayo takes 4M to play with the Bulls.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
Is it possible the Bulls were waiting to see what was gonna happen with Asik before they started doing something? Hoops hype has Bellinelli and Foye in the top 3 of SGs still available. Foye shot a ton of 3's last year and made a respectable 38% of them, better than Bellinelli's respectable 37%.

Foye is a career 36.6% 3-point shooter that's highly inconsistent with his stroke (see his 32.7 and 34.6% totals the previous two years). Belinelli is a career 39% shooter coming off his worst year (though some would argue that's because he didn't play with Chris Paul). Foye at SG is also a bad idea defensively.

And they've known what kind of offer Asik was going to get for weeks.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
The other question is whether Mayo takes 4M to play with the Bulls.

They could have offered more money (up to $5.1 mil with the trade exception) and more than 2 years if they really wanted. I don't think he would have turned down more money, more years and the same access to minutes if it was out there (I honestly don't know if it was to be fair though. Tax issues could have also been in play on the years).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
I don't know how many minutes Foye gets, but he's consistently been a 25 mpg type guy (including on a good Clippers team last year). I expect him to get solid minutes at both positions. And it isn't like the signing of Foye has prevented the Bulls of signing anyone else (and that is even if they sign Foye). He's probably the best guard on the market right now and you are talking about a vet min deal.

Foye would be a drop-off from Rip or Belinelli at the 2.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
Foye is a career 36.6% 3-point shooter that's highly inconsistent with his stroke (see his 32.7 and 34.6% totals the previous two years). Belinelli is a career 39% shooter coming off his worst year (though some would argue that's because he didn't play with Chris Paul). Foye at SG is also a bad idea defensively.

And they've known what kind of offer Asik was going to get for weeks.

Maybe they were trying to do a sign and trade to get some guards and now that they seen they can't theyre grabbing 2 of the best available.

If the plan is to keep Rip, use Bellinelli as the back up SG and Foye as the fifth G I cant see how one can complain...Lee or Mayo woulda been nice but we didnt get them so all things considered I cant complain

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787