2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Do people here just hold the Bulls to some impossible standard or what? We stayed under the tax and still managed to get to round 3. But somehow that shows how horrible we are and how we aren't committed to winning.

Meanwhile, the Lakers spend 90 million and go out in 2 rounds, and somehow that shows how dedicated they are to winning and how we should emulate them.

They made round 3 two years ago, their star player tore his ACL, and several other teams are getting better. That awesome playoff run that you keep referring to has about as much meaning to the future of the Bulls as the Magic's run to the finals a few years ago for Orlando.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you continue to ignore last season? Why does the Eastern Conference Championship loss mean more than the debacle last year and the plans moving foward for this team that seems to be stuck in limbo.

You really aren't reading what people are typing. If you want to just select teams' best seasons, how is out in 5 in round 3 better than back to back titles in 2009 and 2010?

but we're only stuck in limbo temporarily, and I'm ignoring last year because it wasn't a true representation of what our team can do. Derrick Rose ACL tear, am I supposed to bash Jerry for that?

This team is built around Derrick Rose, go ahead and criticize that concept, I think you'd be justified. But to blame Jerry? I don't see it.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
but we're only stuck in limbo temporarily, and I'm ignoring last year because it wasn't a true representation of what our team can do. Derrick Rose ACL tear, am I supposed to bash Jerry for that?

This team is built around Derrick Rose, go ahead and criticize that concept, I think you'd be justified. But to blame Jerry? I don't see it.

When our second best player has been Luol Deng for 5 seasons, I'm going to criticize the front office and the true drive of the team to acquire talent.

When our second best player has been Luol Deng for 5 seasons, I'm going to criticize the front office and the true drive of the team to acquire talent.

It's not like they didn't try. Dwight/Lebron/Wade, they didn't want to come here. It had nothing to do with money. Again, how is that Jerry's fault? At least put the blame where it belongs.

The reason we aren't handing out huge contracts that would put us over the cap now is BECAUSE we want to have financial flexibility to acquire a 2nd star for Rose in the near future.

Just blindly going over the cap is not necassarily going to make us better, you know? You have to make smart moves, both from a basketball and a financial point of view. Thats why not every big spending team is a good team. They spend, but they don't make good moves.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
It's not like they didn't try. Dwight/Lebron/Wade, they didn't want to come here. It had nothing to do with money. Again, how is that Jerry's fault? At least put the blame where it belongs.

Is there other ways to acquire a number 2 option besides free agency?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Why do you continue to ignore last season? Why does the Eastern Conference Championship loss mean more than the debacle last year and the plans moving foward for this team that seems to be stuck in limbo.

You really aren't reading what people are typing. If you want to just select teams' best seasons, how is out in 5 in round 3 better than back to back titles in 2009 and 2010?

You mean when 2 of our best players got hurt and they still almost won??

I see your argument with RZ, I just wanted to touch base on that bolded statement

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
Is there other ways to acquire a number 2 option besides free agency?

What's comical is through trade is the way to get over the cap, but RZZZA is simply focused on the players that have to choose to come here, which I'm not focusing on since apparently the trio of balding white men that are doing our recruiting can't get it done.

I like how unaccomplished the list of tax laying teams is.

It's better to be another team's key injury away from winning it all than hoping that you can sign a big FA or draft the ext superstar or trade for a star without getting fleeced...doing all that while not winning. We have now a championship contender that is near cap flexibility which the other teams lack. The Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Nets, Thunder better hope that all of their core stays just as good and healthy or in two years they are f***ed. If something happens to our core, their contracts end by the time we can complain about it.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Wow, reading some of these posts would make you think the Bulls had absolutely no shot at a title the last couple of years, yeesh.

That's because they didn't. Once LeBron made up his mind that he was getting his title, that was that. A healthy Bulls (something that doesn't exist, anyway) had no chance at Miami this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
That's because they didn't. Once LeBron made up his mind that he was getting his title, that was that. A healthy Bulls (something that doesn't exist, anyway) had no chance at Miami this year.

Post-ECF Game 6, I agree, Pre-that, I don't know. I liked us.

But I don't think any team, barring that lakers team plus Howard, can beat the heat for the next 2 years. I don't even think wade and Bosh much matter. Lebron hit his peak this past year, and it was everything we were worried it would be. He's Magic/Bird...but an amazing help defender.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)

This is one of those comments that causes people to think you troll in this thread. They had a chance. Might not have been a good chance, but they had a chance with a healthy Rose.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
This is one of those comments that causes people to think you troll in this thread. They had a chance. Might not have been a good chance, but they had a chance with a healthy Rose.

Not really. Unless you really believed a broken down, 5 years past his prime Rip Hamilton would've been the difference between losing in the conference finals in 2011 and getting to the finals in 2012. If you really believe that, maybe Reinsdorf really is a genius.

Bulls made it to the ECF with Keith Bogans as their starting SG, having a "healthy" Richard Hamilton for the playoffs could have made the difference. Its not like the Bulls were blown out in all 4 games.

Beat me to it. Yes I do believe he could have very well been a difference maker.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Not really. Unless you really believed a broken down, 5 years past his prime Rip Hamilton would've been the difference between losing in the conference finals in 2011 and getting to the finals in 2012. If you really believe that, maybe Reinsdorf really is a genius.

How about an injured bosh?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
Bulls made it to the ECF with Keith Bogans as their starting SG, having a "healthy" Richard Hamilton for the playoffs could have made the difference. Its not like the Bulls were blown out in all 4 games.

Beat me to it. Yes I do believe he could have very well been a difference maker.

Oh my goodness. Would you homers get with the times? KG/Pierce/Allen. Kobe/Gasol/Bynum. LeBron/Wade/Bosh. Durant/Westbrook/Harden. These are the teams getting to the finals/winning it. Maybe in 1994 Rose/Deng/Boozer would've been enough. But not today. Yes, I know what Dallas did in '11. Exception, not rule.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
How about an injured bosh?

Ok, so rose doesn't go down and Bosh still gets hurt? I guess that would've give them a better chance. Does that make you feel any better?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)

The Heat almost blew it against a very old Boston team. I agree, counting on a Bulls team to be healthy is about as crazy as saying they are a lock to win a title, but if they were healthy, they had a decent shot. People just mention Rose being hurt, but Deng was hurt, Noah was hurt and Rip was hurt. Basically the only guy who remained healthy was the guy who always gets hurt, Boozer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)

I did, and still do. As do many others. Saying there was "no chance" is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
The Heat almost blew it against a very old Boston team. I agree, counting on a Bulls team to be healthy is about as crazy as saying they are a lock to win a title, but if they were healthy, they had a decent shot. People just mention Rose being hurt, but Deng was hurt, Noah was hurt and Rip was hurt. Basically the only guy who remained healthy was the guy who always gets hurt, Boozer.

True. But they were without Bosh for practically all of the second round and most of the conference finals, making their road to the finals more difficult than it had to be.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
I did, and still do. As do many others. Saying there was "no chance" is ridiculous.

And people like you are why the Bulls never do anything and are satisfied with being ordinary. Go to Boston, LA or even Dallas and tell their fanbases that Rip will be the difference between losing in the conference finals and getting to the finals and see what happens.

The vulnerability Miami showed in the run up to the Finals means we definitely had a chance. I don't know how much because there were probably just a handful of games we even had 4/5 starters at 100% and we played with 3/5 feeling good more often than not. We can't say what would have happened, but we definitely had a chance. If we can beat them at home with JL3 draining shots over LeBron, we can beat them in a series. It may not have happened, but it was certainly possible with how competitive some of those other series were.