2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not premature celebration, its called looking at what we have and making a projection. Scouts do it all the time.

Realize that our bench is gonna have 3 starting caliber players on it once Derrick gets back.

I'm really sorry for being excited about the first Bulls game in many months, I assumed other Bulls fans would be excited to talk about it too. I guess not. Calling all Bulls fans, where are you people on this forum?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
It's not premature celebration, its called looking at what we have and making a projection. Scouts do it all the time.

Realize that our bench is gonna have 3 starting caliber players on it once Derrick gets back.

I'm really sorry for being excited about the first Bulls game in many months, I assumed other Bulls fans would be excited to talk about it too. I guess not. Calling all Bulls fans, where are you people on this forum?

You called people out in the second post you made about the Bulls yesterday. That isn't "making a projection", that is making it personal. Being excited enough to call out people by name after the first exhibition game is crazy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I like the Hinrich signing as Rose's back up, but as a starter, I know I am going to get tired of the dribbling. Hope we see more ball movement than his previous tenure.

And then when Rose comes back hes our starting 2 next year weeee

Regardless of how good the Bulls end up being it just really kills my motivation to watch games knowing the type of tick Hinrich will be logging.

but he played really well, 7 assists, 2 blocks and a steal in 23 minutes. He seems to still have that chemistry with Lu & Noah

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
Why are people here so sensitive? Yeah I called him out by name (got his name wrong though...), but so what? Why get offended at that like its some huge insult?

It's called friendly ribbing, guys do it all the time

Um, you are the one who was sensitive enough to be harboring a grudge over conversations from months ago, to the point where you had to call people out for them after the first exhibition game of the season.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
but he played really well, 7 assists, 2 blocks and a steal in 23 minutes. He seems to still have that chemistry with Lu & Noah

The dude has played 21,000 minutes and 634 NBA games. I don't need preseason know exactly what he is, and that is something I don't enjoy watching play basketball.

Um, you are the one who was sensitive enough to be harboring a grudge over conversations from months ago, to the point where you had to call people out for them after the first exhibition game of the season.

It's not a grudge, I don't harbor grudges. I just remember what was said and take joy in rubbing peoples noses in it. But in a friendly way.

None of you guys ever laugh in your friends faces jokingly when they're proven wrong? S***, one of my friends is a Panthers fan. I laugh at him every week. It's not a grudge, its just ribbing.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
It's not a grudge, I don't harbor grudges. I just remember what was said and take joy in rubbing peoples noses in it. But in a friendly way.

None of you guys ever laugh in your friends faces jokingly when they're proven wrong? S***, one of my friends is a Panthers fan. I laugh at him every week. It's not a grudge, its just ribbing.

So pretty much you are the only one who gets to rub people's faces in it. If people do it back, they are "sensitive". If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)
I don't care if you do it back. But he didn't do it back. He got huffy at me and said I'm baiting him and then ran away.

Sorry ky, I didn't mean to offend you. Come back. Let's be friends. *hug*

You called someone out personally... by name, and expect them to be fine with it. Someone makes fun of you for going crazy after one exhibition game, and they are sensitive. Yeah, um...

I guess I'm somewhere between the more pessimistic and the more optimistic fans here, the way Thibs get's these guys to bust ass during the regular season makes me think they'll be a 50+ win team but they aren't ready to challenge LeBron/Heat yet this season.

My expectations won't be that high this season.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
The dude has played 21,000 minutes and 634 NBA games. I don't need preseason know exactly what he is, and that is something I don't enjoy watching play basketball.

hahaha

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)
I guess I'm somewhere between the more pessimistic and the more optimistic fans here, the way Thibs get's these guys to bust ass during the regular season makes me think they'll be a 50+ win team but they aren't ready to challenge LeBron/Heat yet this season.

My expectations won't be that high this season.

This team is in the worst possible position without Derrick Rose... Not good enough to compete in any meaningful way, but not bad enough to get a reward for their suckage. This is something like a 40 to 45 win team, misses the lottery because they get the eighth seed. AKA NBA hell.

All I heard after the White Sox choke job was how fans shouldn't be dissapointed with what was an excellent season, despite not making the playoffs.

If fans are allowed, nay, EXPECTED to enjoy a good regular season in baseball, why not enjoy a regular season in the NBA even if you know you won't win a title that year?

Thats what I don't understand. So many people here are resigned to the idea that we won't win anything and that fact gets in the way of their enjoyment of watching Bulls basketball.

For me it's not so much the not being a title contender interfering with watching Bulls basketball. It's more so the whole watching Kirk Hinrich and Carlos Boozer play basketball thing.

The Bulls can be tough to watch when Luol Deng is the primary scoring option, in my opinion. Not saying anything about Lu as a player just the entertainment level of Bulls games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
This team is in the worst possible position without Derrick Rose... Not good enough to compete in any meaningful way, but not bad enough to get a reward for their suckage. This is something like a 40 to 45 win team, misses the lottery because they get the eighth seed. AKA NBA hell.

great point, maybe tanking for a lottery pick wouldn't be the worst thing, the Bulls don't pull in top FA talent that's for sure and the core players are young enough to build around.

Lu being healthy again makes me happy. Rip being healthy again makes me happy. Kirk being healthy again and tearing up in the locker room when asked what it means to him being back in a Bulls uniform, makes me happy.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

I can't wait until Derrick gets back, and the United Center gives him a standing O.

"The consensus among several players and coaches after the first week of training camp is they’ve never seen Deng playing at such a high level, both shooting the ball well and going effortlessly off the dribble in addition to his fine defense."

"Only Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Jerry Sloan, Bob Love, John Paxson and Tom Boerwinkle played with the Bulls longer than Deng. Deng ranks seventh all-time in franchise points scored, sixth in steals and 10th in rebounds. He is one of 14 players in franchise history to make an All-Star team."

Stuff like that makes me happy. Lu is my fav player in the NBA