2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
"The consensus among several players and coaches after the first week of training camp is they’ve never seen Deng playing at such a high level, both shooting the ball well and going effortlessly off the dribble in addition to his fine defense."

"Only Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Jerry Sloan, Bob Love, John Paxson and Tom Boerwinkle played with the Bulls longer than Deng. Deng ranks seventh all-time in franchise points scored, sixth in steals and 10th in rebounds. He is one of 14 players in franchise history to make an All-Star team."

Stuff like that makes me happy. Lu is my fav player in the NBA

Agreed.

Unless Deng can become a consistent 25ppg all-star player and Rose can come back in March at 80%, I want this team to tank. No sense at all to fight for that 8th seed and be in NBA purgatory for another season.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Lu being healthy again makes me happy. Rip being healthy again makes me happy. Kirk being healthy again and tearing up in the locker room when asked what it means to him being back in a Bulls uniform, makes me happy.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

I can't wait until Derrick gets back, and the United Center gives him a standing O.

and impressed

I didnt run away. I had bigger fish to fry last night, real life was calling AKA 2 year old son with 100 degree fever. I told you to stop baiting and walked away for the rest of the night.

You keep saying I want a top 5 player and thats it. That has never been true, please go through all of my posts and find where I demanded that, because I never did. All i said, and continue to say, is that Bulls fans deserve better than this poo poo platter that was thrown together. This year should be building towards next season with a fully healthy Derrick Rose. Instead, we see a half ass roster that is probably going to be torn apart again going into next season, AND Lou Deng still needs his tendon surgery that was never done.

They will most likely overachieve because of Thibs. But this is not a better bench mob no matter how many times you say it is. If you want to draw so much out of last nights game, how about this

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,1915106.story

But both halves featured disjointed appearances from the second unit of Mohammed, Marco Belinelli, Nate Robinson, Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson. Those reserves almost lost a 14-point, fourth-quarter lead as the Bulls shot 1-for-21 overall in the period.

Now, should I say this means just as much as Hinrichs glorious 7 point return? Or should I yawn about it, like I did about Hinrichs glorious 7 point return

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
I can't wait until Derrick gets back, and the United Center gives him a standing O.

This we can agree on - though it might not even be this year.

In an interview with NBA TV's Steve Aschburner, Derrick Rose mentioned the possibility that he could miss the entire season as he recovers from knee surgery. http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/185...lay-this-season

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
"The consensus among several players and coaches after the first week of training camp is they’ve never seen Deng playing at such a high level, both shooting the ball well and going effortlessly off the dribble in addition to his fine defense."

And I'm sure everyone's in their best shape of all-time and blah blah usual preseason bulls*** f***ed up wrist never had surgery.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
And I'm sure everyone's in their best shape of all-time and blah blah usual preseason bulls*** f***ed up wrist never had surgery.

Once the fatigue of the 82 game sets in, that wrist is gonna be barking at him. Plus, last season opponents were attacking him, slapping at his arm every chance they got. Its gonna bother him

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
All I heard after the White Sox choke job was how fans shouldn't be dissapointed with what was an excellent season, despite not making the playoffs.

If fans are allowed, nay, EXPECTED to enjoy a good regular season in baseball, why not enjoy a regular season in the NBA even if you know you won't win a title that year?

Thats what I don't understand. So many people here are resigned to the idea that we won't win anything and that fact gets in the way of their enjoyment of watching Bulls basketball.

No Sox fan went into the season thinking they were a WS contender or even a playoff team.

Bulls fans thought we had a legit shot.

MASSIVE difference.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
This we can agree on - though it might not even be this year.

In an interview with NBA TV's Steve Aschburner, Derrick Rose mentioned the possibility that he could miss the entire season as he recovers from knee surgery. http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/185...lay-this-season

I hope he takes the year off, and I hope Bulls FO is smart enough to tell Rose to not come back too early...we know Rose is a competitor and when he starts feeling good, he's gonna want to come back and help his team.

Get that man away from the team and let him recover completely.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

I fully expected the team to play out of sync in their first preseason game. The jump shots were not falling, but they will start to fall eventually. Jimmy is not gonna go 1-11 in every game. Taj is not gonna go 1-7 in every game. Boozer is not gonna go 3-10 in every game.

But neither is Rip and Nazr gonna go for 6-10 every game. Guys that shot well will shootslightly worse and guys that shot badly will shoot better, things will even out in that department.

I'm looking at the positives. Kirk didn't have a good shooting night but he did everything else well. His defense was on point, his 7 assists in 23 minutes were excellent. I saw Noah out of shape but also looking to his own offense more, excited to see what he learned training with Kareem Abdul Jabar.

Luol, so far, looked excellent. He looked like he was determined to take on more of the scoring load. Shot 11 free throws and drove the lane with no hesitation.

Will his wrist cause him to play badly again? Maybe. But you can't enjoy a game or a season if you keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, you have to just find joy in wherever you're able. Which is what I'm doing.

No Sox fan went into the season thinking they were a WS contender or even a playoff team.

Bulls fans thought we had a legit shot.

MASSIVE difference.

Bulls fans thought we had a legit shot going into this year? Nobody expected anything this year. Just like with the White Sox.

So how is it different?

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
I hope he takes the year off, and I hope Bulls FO is smart enough to tell Rose to not come back to early...

Rose 2012/2013=Strasburg 2012? Its gonna be kid gloves.

I hope he takes the year off, and I hope Bulls FO is smart enough to tell Rose to not come back too early...we know Rose is a competitor and when he starts feeling good, he's gonna want to come back and help his team.

Derrick needs to come back whenever the medical professionals tell him it's best to come back. He's on a strict rehab/training regimen. Taking the entire year off sounds good to people who have no knowledge in the medical/sports field, but in reality extra rest is not only not a good thing, but it's counterproductive.

I'm not going to pretend to know whether Lu's wrist is unhealthy. He says it feels fine and that's what I'm going with. I really like Luol Deng, I like watching high effort players.

I'm really happy to have Kirk Hinrich back, especially now that we aren't watching the young version of him that was supposed to become a number 1 scoring option. Even without D-Rose, this is the best team Kirk's ever been a part of and I think his style of play fits with Thibodeau. Another good defender (when healthy) and hard worker. When Derrick returns, I'm very happy for him to be the backup PG and I'm okay with him being the starter since that is by no means a long term plan.

I wouldn't bother with the tanking business, the team is too good for that. If you're a fan, you need to be hopeful for a strong season without D-Rose and for him to return late and make the playoffs fun. While I love Derrick, there have been many times that I enjoyed watching the team without him on the court rather than with. The "nobody move or move the ball because Derrick is going to dribble" offense got old very quickly, especially against the Heat. The team isn't as good without Derrick but they run a better offense...and hallelujah for the departure of the Watson/JL3 no-passing all-shooting two headed monster.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)

Someone who's an orthopedist tell me i'm wrong, but I thought with ligament tears like that it's really not about just giving it rest. The more work on that knee you do, the better. Obviously you don't want to overdue it, but if he's back to a point where he can cut and change directions and everything, and it's not swelling or painful, you're really not increasing your chances of re-injuring the ligament simply from him playing basketball.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Someone who's an orthopedist tell me i'm wrong, but I thought with ligament tears like that it's really not about just giving it rest. The more work on that knee you do, the better. Obviously you don't want to overdue it, but if he's back to a point where he can cut and change directions and everything, and it's not swelling or painful, you're really not increasing your chances of re-injuring the ligament simply from him playing basketball.

I don't think chances of reinjuring the ACL are very likely at all, though I'm happy to be corrected. There is just a serious need for reacclimation, strengthening, etc in the whole lower body. I'd imagine the only real concern with a too soon concern is a mixture of injury risk for other parts of his body and more likely low effectiveness.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)
Derrick needs to come back whenever the medical professionals tell him it's best to come back. He's on a strict rehab/training regimen. Taking the entire year off sounds good to people who have no knowledge in the medical/sports field, but in reality extra rest is not only not a good thing, but it's counterproductive.

MJ FTW :headbang

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
I don't think chances of reinjuring the ACL are very likely at all, though I'm happy to be corrected. There is just a serious need for reacclimation, strengthening, etc in the whole lower body. I'd imagine the only real concern with a too soon concern is a mixture of injury risk for other parts of his body and more likely low effectiveness.

Yeah, much like how his foot injury wound up working it's way up his entire leg, effecting his groin and I'll go ahead and say ACL as well.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Just an observation...RZZZA is like J4L on his thoughts on the Bulls only the complete opposite, lol

J4L never said the Bulls sucked, he said they had no chance of beating Miami. The Knicks thing was a bit of overhyperbole, but he copped to it and said he was wrong, we just rode it hard and never stopped. And that is why I apologized.

We will never know if a healthy Bulls could have beaten Miami, but we do know that Miami beasted last post season and it would have taken a truly herculean effort by the Bulls to beat the Heat last season. It probably wasnt in the cards.

I wanna see D Rose recruit Mirotic while he's hurt. Can he and GarPax go to some Real Madrid games or would that be against some kind rules? Fill that mans head that he's ready to take the Bulls to the next level and Derrick saying he really wants to play with him.

Based on the Sam Smith article on the Bulls website he sounds like the real deal and he would fit in so well with the rest of the team.

As far as this year goes, I like who they are as a team. This team is built on defense and adding Kirk just adds to that. If Rip can stay healthy he's still a capable defender and with Kirk, Rip doesn't have to take on the other teams best scorer which should save him on the offensive side of the ball.

The rest of the bench should be on par with last years team.

I expect this to to be a playoff team and if and when Derrick comes back and knocks off the rust I see no reason why they cant compete for a title.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
J4L never said the Bulls sucked, he said they had no chance of beating Miami. The Knicks thing was a bit of overhyperbole, but he copped to it and said he was wrong, we just rode it hard and never stopped. And that is why I apologized.

We will never know if a healthy Bulls could have beaten Miami, but we do know that Miami beasted last post season and it would have taken a truly herculean effort by the Bulls to beat the Heat last season. It probably wasnt in the cards.

The old ass and injured Celtics took them to 7 games, yeah they didn't have Bosh but if Rose freak injury never happens and even with a healthy Bosh, maybe the Bulls beat Miami.

yeah, we'll never know for sure.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
I wanna see D Rose recruit Mirotic while he's hurt. Can he and GarPax go to some Real Madrid games or would that be against some kind rules? Fill that mans head that he's ready to take the Bulls to the next level and Derrick saying he really wants to play with him.

Based on the Sam Smith article on the Bulls website he sounds like the real deal and he would fit in so well with the rest of the team.

As far as this year goes, I like who they are as a team. This team is built on defense and adding Kirk just adds to that. If Rip can stay healthy he's still a capable defender and with Kirk, Rip doesn't have to take on the other teams best scorer which should save him on the offensive side of the ball.

The rest of the bench should be on par with last years team.

I expect this to to be a playoff team and if and when Derrick comes back and knocks off the rust I see no reason why they cant compete for a title.

Mirotic would have to give up s***loads of money to come here before 2015. "Recruiting him" isn't going to get him here any sooner.