2012-2013 NBA thread

You must have despised the 96-98 Bulls.

That has absolutely nothing to do with today...

Let me ask a rhetorical question, and I pose this question to anybody who reads these words: If you had two choices between trading everybody on this team to win a guaranteed championship and retaining everybody on this team despite possibly never winning one, which would you choose?

Would a championship be fun if you have no emotional attachment to the team or any of the players?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
That has absolutely nothing to do with today...

Let me ask a rhetorical question, and I pose this question to anybody who reads these words: If you had two choices between trading everybody on this team to win a guaranteed championship and retaining everybody on this team despite possibly never winning one, which would you choose?

Would a championship be fun if you have no emotional attachment to the team or any of the players?

I'd make that trade immediately and commence madturbation.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
I'd make that trade immediately and commence madturbation.

This. Well said.

And I say that as one of the biggest homers on this board.

It'd be pretty sweet to win it with what we got which I think is possible in a few years but if you can gaurentee me a title with some trades then make it happen daddio.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

Well I guess thats the biggest difference between how I think about the team and how others do. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them in all seriousness that I wouldn't want Lebron on my team. I don't want to win with him, I want to win because we beat him.

Exactly the same way Derrick thinks too, I bet you.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
Well I guess thats the biggest difference between how I think about the team and how others do. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them in all seriousness that I wouldn't want Lebron on my team. I don't want to win with him, I want to win because we beat him.

Exactly the same way Derrick thinks too, I bet you.

I want titles. The emotional attachment goes to the players that provide those titles

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
So Derrick/Lu/Noah go in a hypothetical trade for Lebron/Wade/Bosh. You'd have no problem with cheering for a Chicago Heat team?

So you are going to start cheering for the Miami Bulls? Sorry man, I cheer for the Bulls, even in nba hell. I'm following the name on the front

Noah and Bynum would be a nasty combo. Amnesty Boozer and then Taj + Bynum cost as much as Lu and Boozer most likely.

Problem would be getting a good 3. Butler can defend, but I don't know about scoring other than his uncanny knack to draw fouls.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
I think I would be a fan of any team Derrick or Lu go to. I wouldn't go so far as to call them 'my team', but I'd definitely follow their games.

You know they won't be in the NBA forever, right?

You know they won't be in the NBA forever, right?

I like to cheer for certain types of players, after Rose and Lu retire I'll find others to cheer for. I already like Kyrie Irving, I'd have no problem following Cavs games.

I could never cheer for Lebron or Wade, even if they wore a Bulls jersey. I don't like how they play the game and I don't like how they carry themselves. Bosh is okay though.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)
I like to cheer for certain types of players, after Rose and Lu retire I'll find others to cheer for. I already like Kyrie Irving, I'd have no problem following Cavs games.

I could never cheer for Lebron or Wade, even if they wore a Bulls jersey. I don't like how they play the game and I don't like how they carry themselves. Bosh is okay though.

if i was sleeping with them then yeah id feel the same way. Theyre too good at basketball for me to care about those things.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
So Derrick/Lu/Noah go in a hypothetical trade for Lebron/Wade/Bosh. You'd have no problem with cheering for a Chicago Heat team?

Let me put it this way... I didn't see a single person say they didn't want LeBron, Wade, and/or Bosh on the Bulls during the free agent frenzy of a few years ago. No one said anything like that until AFTER they went to Miami.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Let me put it this way... I didn't see a single person say they didn't want LeBron, Wade, and/or Bosh on the Bulls during the free agent frenzy of a few years ago. No one said anything like that until AFTER they went to Miami.

I didn't say it on here, but I wanted no part of Lebron James and was hoping he wasn't choosing the Bulls. I don't know care how good he is, I can't stand that jackwagon. I wanted Wade and/or Bosh at the time, but my hatred for them is now growing too.

I'd take any player at any time to make any team I root for better.

I love Brandon Marshall, Zeke and Albert Belle because they made the team I root for better. I could care less what type of people they are. I am not having a dinner party I am watching sports for my team to win. Winning is everything as far as my sports entertainment goes. I want good guys to play 16" softball with and could care less if they are good players, why, because they come to my dinner parties and we get nothing for winning and I want to enjoy my cocktails with good guys not some asshat.

Only cubs fans love their team to be lovable losers.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
I didn't say it on here, but I wanted no part of Lebron James and was hoping he wasn't choosing the Bulls. I don't know care how good he is, I can't stand that jackwagon. I wanted Wade and/or Bosh at the time, but my hatred for them is now growing too.

What made him a jackwagon? Before the decision I don't remember him being real douchey at all. He didn't label himself king lebron, the media did.

I would have creamed myself if he came here and I'm sure you wouldn't have cared once the Bulls started a new dynasty

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
What made him a jackwagon? Before the decision I don't remember him being real douchey at all. He didn't label himself king lebron, the media did.

I would have creamed myself if he came here and I'm sure you wouldn't have cared once the Bulls started a new dynasty

Quitting on his team was pretty bad

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
I meant before the decision. If he decided to go to the Bulls no one would care. Well Bulls fans anyway.

Yeah, he quit on the Cavs in the playoffs before the decision. That was pretty bad.

The thing I hate most about Lebron and Wade is how much they flop. They're 2 of the best players in the NBA and they flop so damn much, they're shameless about it.

I would root for the Bulls regardless but I'd be like "Go Bulls! Oh Lebron is a dick, I hate that guy. But go Bulls, yay!"

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
The thing I hate most about Lebron and Wade is how much they flop. They're 2 of the best players in the NBA and they flop so damn much, they're shameless about it.

I would root for the Bulls regardless but I'd be like "Go Bulls! Oh Lebron is a dick, I hate that guy. But go Bulls, yay!"

How did you feel about AJ during his time with the twins and how do you feel about him now? Just curious.