2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
Honestly, with NBA TV I just can't justify any version of League Pass (though, I just looked at it and that 5-team is a ripoff). Why would you pay $26.99 per month for 5 teams when you could pay $39.99 for all teams? Or pay $0 and watch NBA TV?

Seriously, don't waste your money on that stuff. Unless you have the world's worst cable package, you get NBA TV. That means every night you get games or NBA Gametime. Then ESPN does their NBA Coast to Coast on other nights.

NBA Gametime (NBA TV) - live lookins to games around the league, basically NFL RedZone for NBA fans.

NBA Coast to Coast (ESPN/ESPN2) - same as above.

Tuesday and Thursday nights - NBA on TNT

Wednesday and Friday nights - NBA on ESPN

Random other nights - Bulls on CSN/CLTV/WGN

Random other nights - games on NBA TV

Save your money!

Can't get NBA Gametime with my cable, but I get my cable free at my apartment. So I can live with NBA League Pass and MLB.tv (MLB wins for PS3 integration, broadcast options).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Less than market value, not understanding your post.

If it's $38M with incentives, it's bad. If it's $32 with incentives, it's good.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Can't get NBA Gametime with my cable, but I get my cable free at my apartment. So I can live with NBA League Pass and MLB.tv (MLB wins for PS3 integration, broadcast options).

If it's $38M with incentives, it's bad. If it's $32 with incentives, it's good.

Not sure, you are only person I have seen say anything negative about the contract. He would have got more in free agency and he will probably be a starter next season so I'm good with it.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
Not sure, you are only person I have seen say anything negative about the contract. He would have got more in free agency and he will probably be a starter next season so I'm good with it.

Taj is a sixth man. I worry about his offense as a starter.

If it's closer to $30 it's better than $40. Just because he'd get overpaid doesn't mean he's worth it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Trick question. If the Bulls aren't on, the NBA isn't worth watching. Switch to a college game.

Good God, I would punch you if I wanted to bother with the s***hole that is Michigan City.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)

If it's closer to $30 it's better than $40. Just because he'd get overpaid doesn't mean he's worth it.

If everyone else is overpaying, that means it is the going rate. It's either that or lose your whole team to attrition.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)

He's not being overpaid with the extension, he's underpaid per market value. He can defend 4 positions well and is an offensive contributor. It's a good deal for the Bulls and they stuck to their guns during negotiation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
Some people like watching the ISO game. To me it is like watching paint dry.

Some people feel the same way about watching teams pass the ball around for 30 seconds until some white guy jacks up a 3.

As I'm sure you know, there's a college basketball thread if you'd rather go there. This will be my last post on the subject since I have a bad feeling this may turn into another 3-page b****-fest that kills the thread.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Some people feel the same way about watching teams pass the ball around for 30 seconds until some white guy jacks up a 3.

As I'm sure you know, there's a college basketball thread if you'd rather go there. This will be my last post on the subject since I have a bad feeling this may turn into another 3-page b****-fest that kills the thread.

Why is college only white players? Seems kinda racist. Is Wisconsin the only team on TV?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
Why is college only white players? Seems kinda racist. Is Wisconsin the only team on TV?

I made a gross generalization for effect, much like the assertion that NBA teams never run offense.

Crap, really trying to stay out of it...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
How can anybody think this taj extension was a bad deal? We let Asik go for nothing, we couldn't do the same with Taj. Now he's a trade chip. And until the day he's traded he'll be a valued contributor.

I think it's just hangover regret for insisting on moving forward with this core. I'm glad Taj is back. I am just so bummed about this teams trajectory. We're going to be like the old Atlanta Hawks. An amazing player on our team that we'll have to insist to younger folk that they were so great, if they never won a ring.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 11:42 PM)
New Orleans looks like it will be entertaining this year if youth gets served.

I want to see New Orleans and Cleveland this year (obviously have a chance tonight). I think I'll go to the Jan 7 bulls-cavs game.

All I can say about NCAA vs NBA or any pro league...

I like to watch sports because I like to see the very best in the world at their craft do work. The NCAA has a very limited interest to me because the talent can't touch the NBA, save 1 or 2 players in a given game. The main novelty of the NCAA is to see who might become good enough for the better league, and occasionally something to keep you occupied when nothing else is going on. It gives people with no more pro markets nearby something to watch. In the end though, I want to see the best in the world at play.