2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's only been a few games and Kevin Martin can't keep up what he's doing, but it's interesting to look at the trade a few weeks into it.

Harden started off like a mad man, but his season FG% now sits at 42.8 and he's averaging 4 TOs a game. His TS% last year was 66 and this year it's 56. He shot 39% from 3 last year and this year is shooting 28.6%

Kevin Martin is averaging almost 18 points on a 70.2% TS%. He's also shooting a ridiculous 53.6% from 3 thus far.

Those Martin numbers are clearly unsustainable, but maybe playing alongside Durant and Westbrook is a bigger advantage than initially thought.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
I know it's only been a few games and Kevin Martin can't keep up what he's doing, but it's interesting to look at the trade a few weeks into it.

Harden started off like a mad man, but his season FG% now sits at 42.8 and he's averaging 4 TOs a game. His TS% last year was 66 and this year it's 56. He shot 39% from 3 last year and this year is shooting 28.6%

Kevin Martin is averaging almost 18 points on a 70.2% TS%. He's also shooting a ridiculous 53.6% from 3 thus far.

Those Martin numbers are clearly unsustainable, but maybe playing alongside Durant and Westbrook is a bigger advantage than initially thought.

If Martin keeps shooting 54% from the arc, yeah, they'll be fine. I'd say both of those percentages would normalize a bit though.

What's funny is Harden's numbers (both raw totals and percentages) were actually better with at least one of the studs out. breakdown with Durant/Westbrook on/off the floor. I'd say it's more adjusting to a bigger role in a new offense with new teammates very quickly. He's getting to the rim at an absurd rate so far (8 attempts a game, making 65% of them, plus 9 free throws a game), his shot has been a bit off though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
Uhh didnt even know he was available nut yes please

There's a difference between teams being interested in him and Gortat being on the block. Of course a lot of teams are interested, he's productive and only makes $7 million. Add that with his recent complaints about a lack of touches recently and voila, instant trade rumor.

If he does get traded, the price will likely be very high given his favorable contract status. If Phoenix would get the ball to their guys that can actually convert instead of letting Beasley continually miss jumpers, there likely wouldn't be a rumor.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Back and already dominating before turkey day. when's bynum coming back? and Irving out a month, too? the basketball gods have spoken. Not a good week for mr. sup jordan. better to think for yourself next time.

Dude, let it go.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
How does Gortat fit on the Bulls?

They could really use another center, Noah's playing 39 MPG right now and that's probably not a good thing long term. Gortat is a solid one, and would probably fit okay with Noah at PF. I don't think Gortat is quick enough to play PF. I don't know how he'd fit cost-wise.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
i have. but c'mon zoom, even you can admit it's a little poetic that this all happens in, what, 5 days since the debacle?

You obviously haven't if you keep bringing it up. I'm not getting into it any further.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
the bulls are just painfully boring. even the dark years of '99-'03 you had the hope of curry and chandler becoming sorta/kinda/somewhat shaq-kg and the guarantee of a top 5 pick. the bulls reminds me of the 2000 orlando magic.

I'm probably going to be called a bad fan, but yeah, I find them difficult to watch without Rose as well. They're not exactly bad, just mediocre offense and good defense that results in some uninspiring stretches.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
I'm probably going to be called a bad fan, but yeah, I find them difficult to watch without Rose as well. They're not exactly bad, just mediocre offense and good defense that results in some uninspiring stretches.

Nah, you aren't a bad fan if you call it like you see it. This bulls team isn't necessarily unlike able, try are just hard to like(and watch)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Is this the real o.j mayo? this guy's ballin'. i can cut the bulls a little slack for elite free agents just not wanting to come here. but mayo would've been so perfect and could've been had.

There's no way he's going to keep hitting three 3's a night at a high-50% clip. However, he can definitely be good when he gets hot. The problem is his scoring hits a wall when his jumpers don't drop.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
There's no way he's going to keep hitting three 3's a night at a high-50% clip. However, he can definitely be good when he gets hot. The problem is his scoring hits a wall when his jumpers don't drop.

Yeah, the 3point percentage is not sustainable. but even when you normalize it, you're still talking an 18+ ppg scorer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Yeah, the 3point percentage is not sustainable. but even when you normalize it, you're still talking an 18+ ppg scorer.

Yeah, for the price he went for, he would have been a good boost for the Bulls. However, he signed a 1-year deal with an option and could be in a for a raise at this rate.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
They could really use another center, Noah's playing 39 MPG right now and that's probably not a good thing long term. Gortat is a solid one, and would probably fit okay with Noah at PF. I don't think Gortat is quick enough to play PF. I don't know how he'd fit cost-wise.

If he's b****ing about his minutes now, he wouldn't like being our backup C