2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not really the point, you weren't going to find another Derrick Rose for the MLE in free agency.

The point is that there is a very obvious reason why Deng (and Noah, who's only .2 TO per game behind Deng) has an unusually high turnover rate this season, and that the team didn't have to use their full MLE on a guy that everyone knew wasn't anything more than a stopgap.

So your point is that you're upset that the Bulls spent too much money on a guy that sucks. But I don't remember any PG's better than Kirk being available for the MLE, and even if there were, would you have wanted them? I seem to remember most people here wanting the Bulls to tank. If tanking is the goal surely Kirk is fulfilling your wishes with his craptastic offensive play? I suppose we could have just started Teague and saved the MLE if we wanted to tank efficiently. Bulls definitely get an F for proper tanking. But tanking appears never to have been their goal in the first place.

btw, The difference between Lu and Noah's turnovers is that Noah's Ast:To ratio is good. Lu's isn't. It's not about their turnovers per game, its about their ratio. I was just saying that Lu needs to decrease his turnovers in relation to his apg

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
So your point is that you're upset that the Bulls spent too much money on a guy that sucks. But I don't remember any PG's better than Kirk being available for the MLE, and even if there were, would you have wanted them? I seem to remember most people here wanting the Bulls to tank. If tanking is the goal surely Kirk is fulfilling your wishes with his craptastic offensive play? I suppose we could have just started Teague and saved the MLE if we wanted to tank efficiently. Bulls definitely get an F for proper tanking. But tanking appears never to have been their goal in the first place.

btw, The difference between Lu and Noah's turnovers is that Noah's Ast:To ratio is good. Lu's isn't. It's not about their turnovers per game, its about their ratio. I was just saying that Lu needs to decrease his turnovers in relation to his apg

You're changing the subject off your nitpicking of one of the few players on this team that is doing well. Deng has been good despite his turnovers and miniscule drop in 3-point efficiency, Noah has been good despite his drop in rebound rate, increase in turnovers and 46% field goal percentage. Those two aren't the problem. Please direct your ire towards the proper players.

We're stuck with Kirk at $4 mil a year for two years when we could have paid someone a lot less to be similarly crappy. There's nothing we can do about that anymore besides gripe.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)

Who?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Who?

There were a few scattered people that wanted to out-right tank. I think the position of most rational people was that there is no point in getting win-now/stop-gap types when Rose would be out most of the year and would have preferred to get someone that might conceivably make a difference when Rose gets back (with Mayo being the most obvious option).

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
:lolhitting but im saying RZZZZZZZZA is saying people here wanted the bulls to tank and im pretty sure i was the only one that said id like for that to happen.

He can tellme if I'm wrong but I recall 2k5 Sayin that

A lot of people here said that, a lot of Bulls fans in general thought that and still do think that.

What's the big deal, I'm not accusing people here of some very bad thing. It's a viable point of view on how to fix the team.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
A lot of people here said that, a lot of Bulls fans in general thought that and still do think that.

What's the big deal, I'm not accusing people here of some very bad thing. It's a viable point of view on how to fix the team.

The big deal is you are saying "a lot of people are saying...." this and that, laughing at you, and that isn't the case. You accused me, zoom, Steve and many other people on this thread of being bad fans for being unhappy with this offseason, and now the exact things we were complaining about are rearing their ugly heads and you are bringing up statements that really didnt happen.

The big deal is you are saying "a lot of people are saying...." this and that, laughing at you, and that isn't the case. You accused me, zoom, Steve and many other people on this thread of being bad fans for being unhappy with this offseason, and now the exact things we were complaining about are rearing their ugly heads and you are bringing up statements that really didnt happen.

You'd have to remind me of the exact context in which I called someone a bad fan, I don't remember the details but I'm certain it was for a separate reason entirely than what we're discussing now. If I called anyone a bad fan it's because I thought they were acting like a bad fan. I'm sorry it offended you so much that you remember the insult to this day. I'm certain it's not that drastic.

the statements I bring up did really happen, as I recall you were one of the people speaking ill of every offseason Bulls move. Some of them worked out rather well. Jury is still out on some of them but you hated the move to get robinson and bellinelli. They might still turn out alright.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
You'd have to remind me of the exact context in which I called someone a bad fan, I don't remember the details but I'm certain it was for a separate reason entirely than what we're discussing now. If I called anyone a bad fan it's because I thought they were acting like a bad fan. I'm sorry it offended you so much that you remember the insult to this day. I'm certain it's not that drastic.

the statements I bring up did really happen, as I recall you were one of the people speaking ill of every offseason Bulls move. Some of them worked out rather well. Jury is still out on some of them but you hated the move to get robinson and bellinelli. They might still turn out alright.

Not much has turned out rather well. The Bulls go as the starting five go, the bench has been nothing short of an disaster.

You can keep pumping up Nate and Marco, but both of them have been as maddening as they have their entire careers and I don't expect that to change much.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)

It was for complaining. We complained about the dogs*** offseason, and we were labeled bad fans.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
No, that wasn't it. I think it was because someone bashed our FO and I argued that we had the best record in the league the past 2 years and they deserve credit for building a great team and someone disagreed.

I complained about Hinrich and received bad fan treatment despite the fact that I asked for Marcus f***ing Fizer's autograph at the Metro Center in Rockford in the year 2000 - same night that ate f***ing Happy Wok with BJ Armstrong.

Crazy story.

Nawww Steves right. I remember because I was somewhat on your side but not nearly as extreme.

Can't wait to see that Derrick Rose guy come back, it's been pretty bleepin ugly. I was one of the guys tootin Kirk's horn and my goodness have I been wrong. I want him no where near the starting 2 guard position when Derrick comes back. Yes he can probably be as good as Bogans, and yes the Bulls we're able to overcome that deficiency at SG, but I'd much rather have Bellinelli/Rip as our 2 guards. Furthermore I'd rather have Nate as the backup PG....what a waste of $$

Gimme

Rose/Robinson/Kirk

Rip/Bellinelli/Kirk

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Taj

Noah/Naz

I complained about Hinrich and received bad fan treatment despite the fact that I asked for Marcus f***ing Fizer's autograph at the Metro Center in Rockford in the year 2000 - same night that ate f***ing Happy Wok with BJ Armstrong.

Crazy story.

:lol:

I'm sure there were other reasons I called you a bad fan, but I'm REAALLY sorry about it, ok pal?

I don't think I would call someone a bad fan just because they complained about Kirk Hinrich, there's go to be more to that story.

We were probably in a long argument about a bunch of things at once and things got heated

Or maybe I was being droll and you took me too seriously, that's a possibility.

If it makes anyone feel good by comparison...I have literally watched less than 1 minute of nba action this year: including all teams.

I have no reason to watch that sport right now.

I will watch 48 minutes the day th Bulls have #1 in the starting lineup. Until that day, this sport is effectively hockey to me

So if you want to call anyone a bad fan, call me it. I seriously don't care one bit.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)

Crazy story.

Wait, what?