2012-2013 NBA thread

Oh noez, not another big target chase. Dwight might not re-sign in L.A. either, are we gonna have to go through all that again? *sigh*

What are the chances that the Bulls lure a big time player to come to the Bulls?

I don't want to get my hopes up again

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
Oh noez, not another big target chase. Dwight might not re-sign in L.A. either, are we gonna have to go through all that again? *sigh*

What are the chances that the Bulls lure a big time player to come to the Bulls?

Well, Rose and Love (and Russell Westbrook) are workout buddies - so getting Love to come play with Rose wouldn't be the issue.

I do agree, though, that anyone getting their hopes up is nuts. Kevin Love is signed through 2015, and the T'Wolves will look to make him happy before they look to ship him out. So you're likely hoping to talk David Kahn into trading his 24 year old superstar for $14 million worth of stuff on the Bulls' roster not named Rose/Noah.

That will be difficult, though Kahn adores small forwards (ie, Luol), even he is not silly enough to make a move like that. This pushes any sort of signing to the 2015 offseason when Kevin Love opts out of the final year of his deal.

Sorry, I'm not going to get worked up over something that is 2.5 years away.

Isn't if funny how little it takes from the SG position to excite Bulls fans? Marco is a great shooter but he can also handle the ball a little and drive from the top of the key. We were even using him to set up the offense a few times in the past few games which I liked a lot. Giving the defense something they haven't seen before.

It's like, wow, a SG doing SG things. I'm amazed.

Well, Rose and Love (and Russell Westbrook) are workout buddies - so getting Love to come play with Rose wouldn't be the issue.

That's the same thing I heard about Dwight. He's Derrick's friend, they're Adidas buddies! Finding videos and quotes in the media in an attempt to convince themselves that Dwight to Chicago could happen. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...the fool can't get fooled again.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)

After the last few years, I'm really on the fence about Dwight anymore.

He is either the most immature and selfish player in the NBA, or the people giving him advice are making LeBrons team look like professionals

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
That's the same thing I heard about Dwight. He's Derrick's friend, they're Adidas buddies! Finding videos and quotes in the media in an attempt to convince themselves that Dwight to Chicago could happen. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...the fool can't get fooled again.

That was more created because of ADIDAS hype vs having the players actually confirm they adore each other. The Bulls dodged a huge bullet with Dwight, anyway.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Dwight would fit a lot better in Thibs' system though. Love might get the Carlos Boozer treatment in the 4th because of his lack of defense.

Love isn't anywhere close to as bad a defender as Boozer is. Carlos is one of the worst in the league, the Bulls are almost 11 points/100 possessions better defensively when he is not on the floor this year.

Bulls In: Kevin Love, Hedo Turkoglu, Arron Afflalo, Derrick Williams

Bulls Out: Boozer, Deng, Hamilton, Taj, Bobcats Pick, Mirotic, 2013, 2015, 2017 First Round Picks + 2nd Round Pick

T-Wolves In: Hamilton, Redick, Taj, Mirotic, Bobcats Pick, 2013/2017 Firsts + Bulls 2nd Round Pick

T-Wolves Out: Love, Williams.

Magic In: Deng, Boozer, Bulls 2015 First

Magic Out: Redick, Afflalo, Turkoglu

Bulls become...

PG: Rose/Hinrich/Robinson/Teague

SG: Afflalo/Hinrich

SF: Butler/Turkoglu

PF: Love/Williams

C : Noah/Nazr

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6qxhr6

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)

Yeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!! :shades

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)

Bulls Out: Boozer, Deng, Hamilton, Taj, Bobcats Pick, Mirotic, 2013, 2015, 2017 First Round Picks + 2nd Round Pick

T-Wolves In: Hamilton, Redick, Taj, Mirotic, Bobcats Pick, 2013/2017 Firsts + Bulls 2nd Round Pick

Bulls become...

I think DBaho just shot himself.

Love isn't anywhere close to as bad a defender as Boozer is. Carlos is one of the worst in the league, the Bulls are almost 11 points/100 possessions better defensively when he is not on the floor this year.

Admittedly I don't watch Love nearly as much as I watch Boozer but I was under the impression that he has a similar lack of defensive instincts as Boozer. It helps that he's younger and maybe he can still learn

The Bulls are a ticking time bomb. Of all players in the NBA, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah lead the league in MPG.

1. Luol Deng 41:06 (f***ing absurd)

2. Joakim Noah 39:54 (a 6-11 center 2nd in the NBA in mpg)

3rd is Durant at 39:25, and only six players average more than 38 mpg in all of basketball.

I predict injuries in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
Admittedly I don't watch Love nearly as much as I watch Boozer but I was under the impression that he has a similar lack of defensive instincts as Boozer. It helps that he's younger and maybe he can still learn

A couple of years ago he was considered pretty horrible, but it didn't help that he was paired with the similarly limited Al Jefferson. He's not super long or athletic, but he's been basically neutral defensively for Minnesota (as in their defense is relatively consistent whether he's on the floor or not).

Admittedly they don't have Taj on the bench to make him look bad, but he also isn't paired with Joakim as a starter. He'd be a lot easier to cover for than Boozer, and he's obviously a lot better on offense and not trending in the wrong direction.

It saddens me to see OJ Mayo making the same cheddar as Kirk Hinrich. I'm glad the Bulls never, ever make the right move. :angry:

What were the reasons the Bulls didn't get OJ? I remember we tried but it didn't work out for some reason

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Kirk

Mayo made too much sense, SG, can make his own shot but the bulls are allergic to good free agents. Im sick and tired of the Bulls having a try hard team. We need 1-2 other stars with Rose.

The Timberwolves are not trading Kevin Love.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)

Bulls become...

At least we aren't posting trades that insanely benefit the Bulls and suck for both other teams involved. Oh... wait.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
And there is nothing he can do to force them to, no matter how unhappy he is. If he was that unhappy, he shouldn't have signed the extension.

This article is nothing new. Wojnarowski wrote literally the same article back in the offseason, saying the same stuff. Love's stance hasn't changed (obviously). If the Timberwolves win games and become a legit playoff team, Love is going nowhere. If they struggle and miss the playoffs regularly, he'll opt out. We've known this all along.

Edited by Felix