2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
Not quite the same situation. Deron didn't demand a trade and wasn't publicly pouting about getting one. Here's an article about his reaction to the trade:

Jazz made a pre-emptive strike

Even if the T-Wolves decide the same thing, that's still the middle of next year (and that assumes you completely ignore his player option).

But even then, they also seemingly knew he was gone and there was nothing that could have been done about it.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol@the lakers. Not even sure if they're a playoff team right now. The Knicks are f***ing good, though. Not sure what their record is since Woodson took over, but I know it's in the .700 range. If Amare can come back and not f*** s*** up, you have your only legitimate challenger to the Heat in this embarrassment of an eastern conference.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
lol@the lakers. Not even sure if they're a playoff team right now. The Knicks are f***ing good, though. Not sure what their record is since Woodson took over, but I know it's in the .700 range. If Amare can come back and not f*** s*** up, you have your only legitimate challenger to the Heat in this embarrassment of an eastern conference.

The Knicks will regress back to the mean and big time.

And agreed that dantoni is a joke.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:58 PM)
The Knicks will regress back to the mean and big time.

And agreed that dantoni is a joke.

Really? Going back to last year, the Knicks are 34-11 (35-11 after they finish off the lakers tonight) since Woodson took over. Carmelo is playing MVP ball (who were the saps that said they'd deng over melo last year? lol). They're fairly deep and Amare hasn't seen the court yet. That's really the only question mark. Can they fit Amare back in without disrupting the chemistry/flow/whatever.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Really? Going back to last year, the Knicks are 34-11 (35-11 after they finish off the lakers tonight) since Woodson took over. Carmelo is playing MVP ball (who were the saps that said they'd deng over melo last year? lol). They're fairly deep and Amare hasn't seen the court yet. That's really the only question mark. Can they fit Amare back in without disrupting the chemistry/flow/whatever.

I have to completely agree with this post (I know, it's crazy). I think the Knicks are easily the 2nd best team in the East, and it really isn't close. Will Amare f*** it up is the only question.

Bulls never had a chance to trade Deng for Melo. The trade before them was Deng/Noah + other pieces for Melo. At the time there was no need to blow the Bulls up, we were in the midst of a marvelous season. We were beating every top tier team before us, had the best record in the league and the MVP. Hopes were high.

It's easy to say in retrospect that we should have blown it up for Melo but hindsight is 20/20

And I still think Deng/Noah + other pieces is too much to pay for Melo.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Bulls never had a chance to trade Deng for Melo. The trade before them was Deng/Noah + other pieces for Melo. At the time there was no need to blow the Bulls up, we were in the midst of a marvelous season. We were beating every top tier team before us, had the best record in the league and the MVP. Hopes were high.

It's easy to say in retrospect that we should have blown it up for Melo but hindsight is 20/20

And I still think Deng/Noah + other pieces is too much to pay for Melo.

Never said anything about a trade. There were multiple posters that said they fancy Deng over Melo because Deng is a team player or some dumb s*** that I can't remember. I might google later.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
What happens when you drive them from the 3pt line?

Explain to me how you're doing that? They are littered with 3 point shooters.

And you're not slowing Melo down. He's the MVP this year.

Melo > Deng and it's not close. I love Deng and in a vacuum I trade Deng for Melo all day everyday. Sadly, Denver only wanted stuff like Noah + Gibson + other building pieces and having Melo and Deng with no Noah makes no sense.

The ref trying to block Humphries is amazing.

Kevin Love is going to get traded, sorry Felix. Sad part is they are setting themselves up wonderfully to compete, but that front office is incompetent as long as Kahn runs it and it insults Love. Fans started booing now as well.

LOL at the Lakers. Kobe might actually kill someone now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
More people should be saying the Knicks are the best in the East. 2-0 vs Miami and best record in conference. They match up with Miami pretty well in a 7 game series.

Honestly...don't buy it at all. Miami's in "Flip the switch, we've done this twice now" mode.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
Honestly...don't buy it at all. Miami's in "Flip the switch, we've done this twice now" mode.

Until they flip the switch, Knicks are the best in the East. Miami did just lose at home to Golden State.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
Until they flip the switch, Knicks are the best in the East. Miami did just lose at home to Golden State.

Hell, Miami lost to the Wizards just over a week ago. They're still a better team on paper than they were last year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 07:11 AM)
Kevin Love is going to get traded, sorry Felix. Sad part is they are setting themselves up wonderfully to compete, but that front office is incompetent as long as Kahn runs it and it insults Love. Fans started booing now as well.

Three years from now, yes, Kevin Love might be traded (I don't think he will be, but there's a chance). Until then however, it's f***ing stupid to speculate about.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)
Three years from now, yes, Kevin Love might be traded (I don't think he will be, but there's a chance). Until then however, it's f***ing stupid to speculate about.

I honestly think it happens this offseason if Kahn is still there. It'll be one or the other...and hopefully Love stays.

If anything, just so he can make more of these: