2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
These guys aren't the 85 Bears, they need to play with an edge. Derrick Rose isn't chatting with Lebron during a game or helping him up when he falls.

Whats so bad about giving Rodgers a pop? Nothing dirty just a hard hit to the midsection like they give Cutler? Instead they wrap him up and gingerly place him on the ground, then kiss him on the cheek and bring him some warm cocoa.

It's awful

Your favorite player on the planet with LeBron James.

denglebron.jpg

Oh, and.

LeBron%20James%20Derrick%20Rose%20Miami%

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
d-rose-dance_medium.gif

C'mon, you seriously think Rose likes Lebron? That he isn't trying to destroy him on the court every chance he gets? that he doesn't want to be buddies with him during a game?

Rose is a pretty fiery competitor. In the heat of battle, I don't think he likes anybody on the other team. That is a weak, weak argument.

EDIT: Also, basketball is a little different in game than football too. It's pretty much nothing but action constantly. There really is very little time to exchange pleasantries.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
d-rose-dance_medium.gif

C'mon, you seriously think Rose likes Lebron? That he isn't trying to destroy him on the court every chance he gets? that he wants to be buddies with him during a game?

Where is your proof that Derrick Rose and LeBron James don't like each other. You posted that "everyone knows" that as fact. I'm asking for proof. Not a gif of a super-focused ass kicker not dancing.

Do they ever hang out? Are they ever seen chatting and laughing together on court in a friendly way? Do they train together in the offseason? Do they help eachother up after the other falls?

No. Derrick might respect Lebron as a competitor but he doesn't like Lebron.

Derricks M.J./Kobe-like mentality is one of the things we all love about him

It's a lot different mentality than I see out of guys like Peppers and Forte.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
That's Lebron hugging Rose not the other way around. And he's doing it after the game is over. Everyone knows they don't like eachother

Drop it dude, come on.

I've never heard from anyone but you that DR hates LBJ, they may not be best friends but they are always complimenting each other...where's your proof of this "hate"?

The Bulls/Heat rivalry sucks because they don't hate each other...

While James acknowledged he doesn't have any idea what Rose is going through as far as the knee injury, he did admit that he has always been a fan of Rose's and wants to see him back on the floor.

"I don't know what he's going through," James said. "I've never had that type of injury, knock on wood, so I can't imagine what he's going through. I just hope he comes back 100 percent, 110 percent, because I am a fan of his. I love the way he plays the game of basketball and what he brings to the game."

That feeling was shared by James' teammate, and Chicago native Dwyane Wade. He also acknowledged that he hadn't spoken to Rose yet, but planned to do so over the summer.

"No, I sent out my best wishes to D-Rose and his family, but I've been focused on the playoffs a little bit," Wade said. "I'm sure I'll be around Chicago a little bit in the summer and get an opportunity to hopefully talk to him, but I just sent out my wishes when it happened and hopefully all is well with him and his family and he gets back on this basketball court."

I don't have any direct proof I'm just inferring based on my knowledge of Derrick Rose and the relationship between him and Lebron.

There's been very little indication of any kind of friendship between the two. False praise from Lebron don't mean a heck of a lot when Rose is out with injury and no threat to him at all. Anyone would say nice things about their rival to the media when prodded.

How about this: when asked who should be the MVP, Derrick Rose has never picked Lebron. How about the fact that he gave him a dirty look when he was dancing at the ASG. How about the fact that his pitch to get Lebron to come here was tepid and half-hearted at best? I think he campaigned harder for Kirk Hinrich than he did for Lebron. There's lots of little events like that that would make a reasonable person (like me) to infer that Derrick Rose hates Lebron.

Ok so let's drop it, I'm dropping it now :)

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
Do they ever hang out? Are they ever seen chatting and laughing together on court in a friendly way? Do they train together in the offseason? Do they help eachother up after the other falls?

No. Derrick might respect Lebron as a competitor but he doesn't like Lebron.

Derricks M.J./Kobe-like mentality is one of the things we all love about him

It's a lot different mentality than I see out of guys like Peppers and Forte.

I'd wait a little longer before including Rose name along with Kobe/MJ...

I hope you realize MJ was best pals with Charles Oakley and Patrick Ewing of the "hated" Knicks, yet it didn't stop MJ from wanting to bury them everytime they played and vice versa. Magic and Larry were pals yet their teams waged wars...

We just turned the NFL thread into the NBA thread. :)

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:45 AM)
I'd wait a little longer before including Rose name along with Kobe/MJ...

I hope you realize MJ was best pals with Charles Oakley and Patrick Ewing of the "hated" Knicks, yet it didn't stop MJ from wanting to bury them everytime they played and vice versa. Magic and Larry were pals yet their teams waged wars...

We just turned the NFL thread into the NBA thread. :)

He said mentality...I, too, have an MJ-like mentality but that doens't mean I'm as good as him. Just kidding, yeah I am as good as him

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
He said mentality...I, too, have an MJ-like mentality but that doens't mean I'm as good as him. Just kidding, yeah I am as good as him

Jake...the MJ of SoxTalk :notworthy (wants to destroy every poster here)

Just to get back on point and topic, you don't have to hate an opponent to beat them, Peppers being friendly to Rodgers after a sack doesn't mean we will lose to them because Peppers didn't use Rodgers helmet as a prop to get up...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:44 AM)
I don't have any direct proof I'm just inferring based on my knowledge of Derrick Rose and the relationship between him and Lebron.

There's been very little indication of any kind of friendship between the two. False praise from Lebron don't mean a heck of a lot when Rose is out with injury and no threat to him at all. Anyone would say nice things about their rival to the media when prodded.

How about this: when asked who should be the MVP, Derrick Rose has never picked Lebron. How about the fact that he gave him a dirty look when he was dancing at the ASG. How about the fact that his pitch to get Lebron to come here was tepid and half-hearted at best? I think he campaigned harder for Kirk Hinrich than he did for Lebron. There's lots of little events like that that would make a reasonable person (like me) to infer that Derrick Rose hates Lebron.

Ok so let's drop it, I'm dropping it now :)

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t&p=2736141

@TyDunne

Marshall: I don't like the Green Bay Packers. I really don't like their players. I'll play this like it's my last game.

Chicago scored at a league-best rate with the Noah-Gibson duo last season, but most of those 311 minutes came with Derrick Rose running the point. In 282 minutes already this season, Chicago's 24th-ranked offense is scoring at just about the same subpar rate with Gibson-Noah as it is overall. That's not great news, but it's not bad news, either; the Bulls are staying afloat, and with Boozer shooting 47 percent and barely getting to the line, the points are coming at the same rate regardless of who plays. What happens when Rose gets back?

And the defense. Holy hell, the defense. Chicago is holding teams to 84.2 points per 100 possessions with the Gibson-Noah front line, a number 12 points stingier than Memphis's league-leading figure. Gibson and Noah are all extended arms and fast feet, able to cover more ground in Tom Thibodeau's aggressive schemes than two people should be able to manage. They rebound everything and force turnovers at a scary rate.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/875706...urt-odd-couples

If they can stay healthy, get a 75% DRose, and get a hot Marco in the playoffs I still think they have a chance at the title...Randomly throwing that out there because the board has been so boring lately.

I've also read they may be in on JJ Reddick should the Magic decide to trade him..This would further strengthen their chances.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
If they can stay healthy, get a 75% DRose, and get a hot Marco in the playoffs I still think they have a chance at the title...Randomly throwing that out there because the board has been so boring lately.

Bulls fans are hilarious sometimes