2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
Rose will have to play into that shape; Ricky Rubio is dealing with that right now. Rose won't feel right probably for a few months even after he returns, so expecting a 100% Rose before tip off of the 2013/14 season is expecting too much.

Sure, Rose's work-ethic is unrivaled, which bodes well for a full recovery (and further development into an all-around beast), but there's just no way he'll hit the ground dominating.

Agreed. If anyone expects Rose to be Rose right from the get go, they're kidding themselves. That being said, even if we get Rose at 80% that will be a huge boost to the Bulls. They are somehow only 3 games out of the #1 seed in the East. Not saying they're getting there, but I'm kinda impressed that they're that close without Rose.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
Is Carlos Boozer Teo's fake girlfriend? Because dude has been unreal for like a month now.

Apparently all it took was him wanting to play well to play well. This is a guy getting paid what he's worth right now - I pray it continues.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
Apparently all it took was him wanting to play well to play well. This is a guy getting paid what he's worth right now - I pray it continues.

He's playing on the offensive end like an all-star. He's even playing defense. Really he's been huge this year.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
Wonder what affect Rose had on his decreased numbers and what happens when Rose comes back?

It's not just rose, it was the whole team. The passes he's getting now, he's finally a true part of the offense.

Before we just expected him to catch the ball and dribble, do a shot. It was disruptive to the flow of the offense. Now he's a part of the offense and his fg% has to be fantastic the last 20 games.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
It's not just rose, it was the whole team. The passes he's getting now, he's finally a true part of the offense.

Before we just expected him to catch the ball and dribble, do a shot. It was disruptive to the flow of the offense. Now he's a part of the offense and his fg% has to be fantastic the last 20 games.

He really seems like he is involved the flow off the offense. He passes out of double teams and traps, he looks for the cutters, especially in the back door, and he isn't afraid to reset the offense if his position isn't right. Playing team ball like that shouldn't change at all when Rose comes back.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
Another win for the Bulls. Really wish this team could finish out games. It sucks having 20 point leads and then just barely hanging on or losing at the end. I can't remember another team that has done that as much as this Bulls team.

That's where a closer like Rose comes in handy.

https://twitter.com/NBARumorPress

Shamelessly stealing from RealGM

As reported earlier this week on Rumor Press, the Charlotte Bobcats are interested in reacquiring their protected first round pick from the Tyrus Thomas trade. They’ve talked to the Bulls a few times and Bismack Biyombo was brought up in conversations. Biyombo has two years left on his rookie contract, but has underperformed for a Top-10 pick.

The Bulls have no interest in trading the Bobcats pick in return for a package built around Biyombo. The Bobcats are seeking a third team with a young, athletic big that they hope can interest the Bulls. We have no recent indication of the Bulls shopping the Bobcats pick, but dating back from last year, we know Charlotte wants the pick back.

he Bobcats have sought the Sacramento Kings as a potential third team in their efforts to reacquire their first round pick from the Bulls, according to a source.

The Bobcats are trying to interest the Bulls in a young big man who could boost their frontline, like Kings forward Jason Thompson. Thompson is under contract through the 2017 season and is on the table for the Bulls. Thompson has started all 39 games for the Kings this season.

Talks are described as early, and a lot of different ideas are being tossed around. Along with Thompson, Kings guard Jimmer Fredette and a 2013 first round pick coming from Charlotte are on the table. The Bulls are being offered a combination of Thompson, Fredette and a 2013 first round pick from Charlotte. Bobcats swingman Jeffrey Taylor could also be substituted for Fredette in another scenario.

It's unclear whether the Bulls would acquire the Bobcats own or Portland Trailblazers first round pick from the Gerald Wallace trade a few years ago. The Trailblazers pick is top-12 protected, and currently the Blazers have the 14th worst record in the league.

The Kings are interested in Bobcats guard Gerald Henderson. Henderson, who is a restricted free agent this summer, was not offered an extension by Charlotte before the RFA deadline.

Bulls guard Rip Hamilton and center Nazr Mohammed have also been brought up in discussions. In the discussions, Mohammed would go to Sacramento along with Henderson, while Hamilton would go to Charlotte with the Bobcats first round pick from the Bulls.

One deal that works under the CBA (but we don't know if the teams have proposed) would have the Bulls take Jason Thompson, Jeffrey Taylor or Jimmer Fredette, along with a pick from Charlotte, the Bobcats get Rip Hamilton and their pick back from the Bulls, and the Kings taking Gerald Henderson and Nazr Mohammed.

Acquire Thompson, Fredette, and the 2013 Bobcats first?

SIGN ME UP

Seriously though, I don't know why the Cats would do this, but if that rumor has legs, bulls could look at this the rest of the year.

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Nate/Teague

SG - Belinelli/Hinrich/Cook/Fredette

SF - Deng/Butler

PF - Boozer/Gibson/Vlad

C - Noah/Thompson

We get a player better than the corpse of Nazr, Belli starts (which is when he's best), AND the shot of getting McLemore, Goodwin, or Shabazz?

Also, while Fredette sucks at basketball, he can still hit threes and he and Cook could be used as weapons for Derrick.

Then I'd try and flip away Thompson for just about anything, hell a 2nd rounder, in the draft and take Withey with the Bulls pick.

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague

SG - McLemore/Hinrich

SF - Deng/Butler

PF - Boozer/Gibson

C - Noah/Withey

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)

SIGN ME UP

Yeah that seems too good to be true. It gets the Bulls WAY younger, cheaper, and it doesn't involve dealing any of the core.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)

SIGN ME UP

I'd rather find a way to acquire Marcus Thornton in any deal involving the Kings - since Keith Smart refuses to give him consistent minutes and he is awesome.

Boozer is playing better basketball right now than I've ever seen him play. I am skeptical it will continue but hopefully it does.

In other news, the Suns just fired Alvin Gentry. Because I am sure it is Gentry's fault that is roster is filled with garbage basketball players, that Sarver being a cheap piece of s*** owner resulted in them selling a bunch of draft choices and letting go of every good player they had. Robert Sarver is arguably the worst owner in sports.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
Boozer is playing better basketball right now than I've ever seen him play. I am skeptical it will continue but hopefully it does.

In other news, the Suns just fired Alvin Gentry. Because I am sure it is Gentry's fault that is roster is filled with garbage basketball players, that Sarver being a cheap piece of s*** owner resulted in them selling a bunch of draft choices and letting go of every good player they had. Robert Sarver is arguably the worst owner in sports.

Think of it as they are doing Gentry a favor. He doesn't have to run practices or sit through Suns games anymore, and he's still collecting his check.

The most amazing thing in the NBA is the Clippers. Can a team owned by Donald Sterling and coached by Vinny Del Negro actually compete for a title?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
Watching Boozer not suck has been great, but I hope the Bulls are using his newfound work ethic to find a trading partner!

Schanowski on 670 today said his contract is still too large and there has been no interest.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
Think of it as they are doing Gentry a favor. He doesn't have to run practices or sit through Suns games anymore, and he's still collecting his check.

The most amazing thing in the NBA is the Clippers. Can a team owned by Donald Sterling and coached by Vinny Del Negro actually compete for a title?

Credit David Stern. He's the reason they were able to acquire the best PG the game has seen since Magic.