2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 02:33 PM)
Rose comes back, scores 40 a game with 15 assists and 10 rebounds on 70% shooting. Wins MVP.

That is in the process of happening in my 2k13 season. I held him out until mid January - averaging 47 ppg, 17 dimes.

Back to things people give a s*** about...

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
I imagine while he still needs to get back up his cardio endurance. When I miss basketball for a few weeks I'm gasping for air until I throw up my lungs.

Back to things people give a s*** about...

But you're not Derrick Rose.

Sources tell ESPN's Marc Stein that the Grizzlies and Raptors have a trade in place that would send Rudy Gay and Hamed Haddadi to Toronto in exchange for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon.

The Grizzlies plan to flip Calderon to a third team, with the Pistons and Mavericks at the front of the line, possibly sending Tayshaun Prince, Corey Maggette or Vince Carter to Memphis in return for Calderon. Gay's value should go up since he'll be the primary option in Toronto, with Kyle Lowry also getting a boost since he'll no longer be sharing time. This also means that guys like DeMar DeRozan and Alan Anderson could take a hit, while the loss of Davis will also help with the log jam of bigs in Toronto. However they will now have Haddadi to add to the mix of Amir Johnson, Aaron Gray, Jonas Valanciunas and Andrea Bargnani once everyone is healthy. Calderon's value depends on where he lands, but Detroit (Brandon Knight) and Dallas (Darren Collison) both look like timeshare situations, which is not great news for his owners. And Davis' value just took a major hit since he'll be playing behind Zach Randolph.

Call this Hoosier fandom if you want, but I'd really like to see the Bulls draft Victor Oladipo. Plays with great energy, awesome defensively, relentless worker...the kinda guy who fans love right away. Like a smaller but quicker Jimmy Butler, I guess. If he continues to play like he has, Oladipo will probably end up in the later half of the first (though I did see one mock that had him as a late lottery pick).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
Call this Hoosier fandom if you want, but I'd really like to see the Bulls draft Victor Oladipo. Plays with great energy, awesome defensively, relentless worker...the kinda guy who fans love right away. Like a smaller but quicker Jimmy Butler, I guess. If he continues to play like he has, Oladipo will probably end up in the later half of the first (though I did see one mock that had him as a late lottery pick).

It's a bit of a homer call but defensively he could be a nice player to pair with Rose and he has the quickness to score in the NBA. I would take it.

Sounds like a smaller version of Ronnie Brewer, athletic, good defensive two guard with no real jump shot. I rather the Bulls go for a scorer at the 2 or a backup defensive center to replace Mohammed.

The way the Bulls are going, he will be off of the board long before we pick.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
We have enough defense, we need offense in the draft.

I actually have no problem with the bulls getting a defensive SG in the draft, as long as he's a better scoring threat than Ronnie Brewer was. It might even encourage them to get rid of Hinrich's money if possible. The other option is to try to fill it with another version of Korver or Hamilton, either a 3 point shooter or someone who might have something left in the tank, and I'd guess Thibs would be more likely to play a guy who he could count on for defense.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
Sounds like a smaller version of Ronnie Brewer, athletic, good defensive two guard with no real jump shot. I rather the Bulls go for a scorer at the 2 or a backup defensive center to replace Mohammed.

I would say that's a horrible description of him. He's shooting 53 percent from 3 and has been the best player on one k the best teams in the country. Ronnie Brewer and his non existent jump shot has zero to do with Oladipo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
I would say that's a horrible description of him. He's shooting 53 percent from 3 and has been the best player on one k the best teams in the country. Ronnie Brewer and his non existent jump shot has zero to do with Oladipo.

Small volume of 3 PT shots and I'd bet he was fairly wide open for most of them. If he was actually that good at shooting he would be a projected top 5 pick. Someone like Ben Gordon who was 6'2, couldn't play the point, was a poor defender, and never shot over 43.5% from 3 in college went #3 overall. If you look at Oladipo's jump shot it doesn't look all that smooth and I doubt he'll be a plus offensive player in the NBA his first few years. Can he develop into one though? Sure, but right now his offense (including his jump shot) is the main reason he's projected to go in the teens, just like Ronnie Brewer did.