2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 03:46 AM)
I don't. Not with the way LeBron played.

I think people over think the heat being down 3-1, without grasping how unstoppable Lebron became game 5

Game 1 of the playoffs last year the Bulls looked amazing. Everything was coming together, D-Rose was finally back and dominating, it looked good. I'd say that was the best they'd looked since Game 1 of the ECF the year before when they handled the Heat, Taj dunked all over D-Wade, and I was certain the Bulls were headed to the Finals.

We all know how that ended - they put LBJ on D-Rose and that was that. So even if Rose's ACL doesn't explode like the hospital in The Dark Knight last year they still weren't getting past LBJ.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
Game 1 of the playoffs last year the Bulls looked amazing. Everything was coming together, D-Rose was finally back and dominating, it looked good. I'd say that was the best they'd looked since Game 1 of the ECF the year before when they handled the Heat, Taj dunked all over D-Wade, and I was certain the Bulls were headed to the Finals.

We all know how that ended - they put LBJ on D-Rose and that was that. So even if Rose's ACL doesn't explode like the hospital in The Dark Knight last year they still weren't getting past LBJ.

But if Rose's ACL didn't burst, perhaps the flapping butterfly's wings would have torn James' ACL. Championship=BULLS

So Kobe's hurt and whining like a b**** about a dirty play. I'm not sure I see that, but I can't really be impartial when it comes to Kobe. Jones definitely steps into and fouls him, but I don't think you can infer intent to injure from that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihq0xxIlkaU...eature=youtu.be

I'll bet Dwight Howard will have some interesting tips for Kobe about sucking it up and playing through pain.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
I think people over think the heat being down 3-1, without grasping how unstoppable Lebron became game 5

Assuming you meant 3-2 to Boston. And that was without Bosh through the first 4 games and he played little in game 5. I don't think most people realize how vital he is to them (I can't stand him but I can acknowledge value).

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
So Kobe's hurt and whining like a b**** about a dirty play. I'm not sure I see that, but I can't really be impartial when it comes to Kobe. Jones definitely steps into and fouls him, but I don't think you can infer intent to injure from that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihq0xxIlkaU...eature=youtu.be

I'll bet Dwight Howard will have some interesting tips for Kobe about sucking it up and playing through pain.

You have to remember this is the same player who admitted he intentionally tripped Kobe back when he was on the Nuggets.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
You have to remember this is the same player who admitted he intentionally tripped Kobe back when he was on the Nuggets.

That one was blatant and obvious. I'll cut Kobe slack for no doubt factoring that in when he made his comments, but last night just looks to me like a basketball play. Like I said, though, I'm too anti-Kobe to really be objective.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
But if Rose's ACL didn't burst, perhaps the flapping butterfly's wings would have torn James' ACL. Championship=BULLS

Wasn't Bosh hurt for most of the Eastern Conference Finals? The Celtics pushed them to 7 games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
Just my way of remembering that I spent that whole series thinking "Man, if Rose was healthy and Bosh was out we'd have this".

Right, but I think regardless, once Lebron went into that mode...He's not gonna be stoppable for at least 3 years.

Bosh being down was the reason I figured they could be beaten. Let LeBron get his, but no big on that roster would be able to score without Bosh. Heat would have been destroyed on the glass.

But that's in the past now.

This Heat streak is getting a little bit interesting. You figure they'll wax the Raptors on Sunday. If they beat Boston in Boston next Monday, the streak will be at 23. Their next 4 games after that are at Cleveland (no Irving), Detroit (they suck), Charlotte (lol), and at Orlando (they suck). This thing could very well be at 27 by the time they come to Chicago March 27th.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:58 PM)
This Heat streak is getting a little bit interesting. You figure they'll wax the Raptors on Sunday. If they beat Boston in Boston next Monday, the streak will be at 23. Their next 4 games after that are at Cleveland (no Irving), Detroit (they suck), Charlotte (lol), and at Orlando (they suck). This thing could very well be at 27 by the time they come to Chicago March 27th.

And that is Derrick Rose bobblehead night

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 12:48 AM)
Mike McGraw @McGrawDHBulls

Bulls announced today that Mon's game vs. DEN is moving from CSN-plus to the main station. I'm sure fans can imagine a possible reason why.

:o

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:48 PM)
Mike McGraw @McGrawDHBulls

Bulls announced today that Mon's game vs. DEN is moving from CSN-plus to the main station. I'm sure fans can imagine a possible reason why.

I just went from six to midnight.