2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
Im pretty confident his first game will be a road game.

The CSN Bulls guy said it likely would be a home game since they would want him checked after a previous days' practice to make sure he was good to go. He also said if Rose does't come back during this 3 game homestand, he probably is sitting the rest of the season.

"Roll of the dice"

Interesting phrase to use considering you're flat out lying. Quite the way to make a name for yourself and your website as something that should be taken seriously.

...wait

Its downright disgraceful. Disgusting. Its one thing to be wrong with info its another to flat out lie. Its crap like that which causes people to give good blogs and websites with good and real sources a hard time/crap when they are wrong.

Rose is coming back today, just like Brad Stevens was on a flight to C-U, just like AJ was going to be busted for cheating, just like Lebron was coming to Chicago just like.......

Meh. The lesson, as always, is don't believe anything on the internet.

internettruth.jpg

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I really dont care to be honest. If that is how Steve wants to write, I have no problem with him being the National Enquirer.

Would I do it?

No, but thats because my reputation means something to me.

I do find it amusing that a blog with approximately 300 twitter followers/facebook friends, would be able to get this much traffic over a single tweet. It just further proves the lack of critical thinking skills. Just because you read something does not mean its true.

He could have just wrote the article about why he believed Rose would return tonight based on X,Y, Z evidence.

By the time I actually saw it, it was far to late, so sometimes you just roll with the punches.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
Rose is coming back today, just like Brad Stevens was on a flight to C-U, just like AJ was going to be busted for cheating, just like Lebron was coming to Chicago just like.......

Meh. The lesson, as always, is don't believe anything on the internet.

internettruth.jpg

LOL, reminds me of my new favorite commerical, the State Farm one with the "French model". Bonjuor!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
Its downright disgraceful. Disgusting. Its one thing to be wrong with info its another to flat out lie. Its crap like that which causes people to give good blogs and websites with good and real sources a hard time/crap when they are wrong.

I can't agree enough with this post.

EDIT: That said, SoxBadger is completely right (which pains me to say about anyone with Badger in their name) about the lack of critical thinking from most people online. This doesn't make it acceptable in the least to do this sort of thing, but it's a massive problem with the current 24/7 newscycle.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)

Agreed.

Sorry Steve, I don't see what the point of all this was.

Oh come on, disgusting is a little far.

TMZ reported that Lil Wayne was dead. Journalists make s*** up every single day of the week, often for reputable publications.

This is a fan blog that had sent out a tweet to 300 people.

From that 25,000 people have read the article. If you are over the age of 10 and cant recognize that is not a legitimate source and that you should take it completely with a grain of salt, that is on you.

Not to mention, 2 days ago I posted:

I hate to say it, but Ill believe it when I see it. It can take up to 18 months after an ACL surgery for the knee to feel “normal” again. Thus, something could happen this weekend to further delay the return. Whenever Rose is ready to play, he will play, and Im quite fine with that.

A day ago Zoom posted "The thoughts expressed in the commentary on this site are soley the beliefs of the author and do not represent the views of any other individuals or Flapship as a whole." That was a day ago.

Its funny in a really terrible sad way.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
I really dont care to be honest. If that is how Steve wants to write, I have no problem with him being the National Enquirer.

Would I do it?

No, but thats because my reputation means something to me.

I do find it amusing that a blog with approximately 300 twitter followers/facebook friends, would be able to get this much traffic over a single tweet. It just further proves the lack of critical thinking skills. Just because you read something does not mean its true.

He could have just wrote the article about why he believed Rose would return tonight based on X,Y, Z evidence.

By the time I actually saw it, it was far to late, so sometimes you just roll with the punches.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
I don't disrespect any of your opinions. I didn't post it here, fwiw.

I gotta agree with these. Yeah, I reposted it on my FB when it popped up in my feed because I was excited, but after reading it closely didn't see substance. That's my fault for not doing research.