2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)
But he can just opt out.

And then he goes to the Brooklyn...wait, no.

He won't be going where he wants. This is a bit out of date, but here's a look at some teams who could have salary cap room this offseason.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 06:13 AM)
So if Rose doesn't come back, he's a p****. But if he does come back, he is selfish and just trying to be the hero.

Sounds like a no win. Sit out, go through a preseason and dominate next year.

I blame Adrian Peterson.

oh cmon man. He's been cleared for over 2 months now, he's as ready physically as he can possibly be, there's no f***in reason for him not to be back playing.

I've backed Derrick as much as anyone since the beginning of his career but I've lost a ton of respect for him these last few months.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
Rose will forever be labeled soft by fans and media.

Well, he appears to be at this point. A guy who tore his ACL about the same time as Rose has been back for awhile. He's sitting on the bench watching his teammates play through painful injuries.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
Rose still sitting at this point makes most a little perplexed, but let's face it, if he comes back next season at 100%, all will be forgiven, and everyone will say he did the right thing, the team wasn't going anywhere anyway, blah, blah blah....

False. To get back to 100% he needs to play in games, and he's refusing to do that even though he's cleared to play - not only cleared, it's recommended as the next step in the process by doctors.

Everyone will remember this no matter what. You can't say "oh he's 100% now, good thing he took last year off." Makes no difference. Could have won something this year, but also would be closer to 100% next year had he played this year. Start the process.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
False. To get back to 100% he needs to play in games, and he's refusing to do that even though he's cleared to play - not only cleared, it's recommended as the next step in the process by doctors.

Everyone will remember this no matter what. You can't say "oh he's 100% now, good thing he took last year off." Makes no difference. Could have won something this year, but also would be closer to 100% next year had he played this year. Start the process.

I agree with the process you are laying out, but if he plays some games over the summer and is 100% after some exhibition games, he's not going to get any flak. I agree he deserves a lot. He needs to finish his rehab, and he's refusing to do so.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 07:42 AM)
Sadly, he wont... but Cutler will be.

The treatment of Cutler compared to Rose is infuriating.

Cutler tries to play on a torn knee and gets labeled soft.

Rose says it's mental to play on a healthy knee, labeled smart.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
The treatment of Cutler compared to Rose is infuriating.

Cutler tries to play on a torn knee and gets labeled soft.

Rose says it's mental to play on a healthy knee, labeled smart.

Is anyone here calling Rose smart?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
Rose still sitting at this point makes most a little perplexed, but let's face it, if he comes back next season at 100%, all will be forgiven, and everyone will say he did the right thing, the team wasn't going anywhere anyway, blah, blah blah....

The only way it will be forgiven is if someone demonstrates a real reason for his sitting out all of this extra time. Joakim Noah playing through his foot injuries (along with guys like Taj, Kirk, etc playing though their injuries) is only going to serve to reinforce that. His sitting out will turn this into the 1994 White Sox of "well, if Derrick came back..."

I don't miss Bogans or Watson at all.

Or Brewer, for that matter.

The only players of value on last year's bench were Asik and Korver. Both are overpaid and Asik was unfathomably bad when we gave him extended minutes.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)
Jimmy Butler sure disappeared fast in the playoffs :(

He wasn't bad in game 1. He didn't play much in the second quarter in this game though.

Jimmy's back!

Bravo to GarPax and Thibs for drafting and developing Jimmy. He's such a nice piece and it cost us no resources to have him/acquire him. He, Taj, Omer, Thabo are great examples of our late draft drafting

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
Boozer just blocked the s*** out of Wallace.

Yeah, no he didn't. I'm not sure he even touched the ball. He fouled Wallace and it was Butler who blocked that. Defense has been terrific by the whole team tonight though.