2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
If Skip Bayless made a watermelon and fried chicken joke about an African-American person, how long do you think it would take ESPN to suspend him? About 3 seconds?

See: Limbaugh, Rush

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might be overreacting a bit -- he basically condemned every person ever in saying that he thinks being gay is bad just like all sexual contact before marriage is bad. Since gays can't be married, all of their sexual activity is therefore bad. He stated a pretty honest version of Christian views on social life. That could have been tinged with far more hate than it was

I don't agree with kerr at all. 1. NO, he does NOT "owe" his teammates anything. 2. Comparing his injury with incredibly less severe ones is beyond ridiculous.

Bulls management is doing what's best for the organization, especially long-term. And not necessarily over any sort of affection towards Rose. I see it as a joint decision, as it should be. The backlash has been silly.

And speaking of kerr, I'm thankful for his contributions to the Bulls those few championship years as I'm sure he is too since he probably doesn't get some of the opportunities he's gotten without that exposure. But he was a horrible GM and is a crappy announcer.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
I don't agree with kerr at all. 1. NO, he does NOT "owe" his teammates anything. 2. Comparing his injury with incredibly less severe ones is beyond ridiculous.

Bulls management is doing what's best for the organization, especially long-term. And not necessarily over any sort of affection towards Rose. I see it as a joint decision, as it should be. The backlash has been silly.

And speaking of kerr, I'm thankful for his contributions to the Bulls those few championship years as I'm sure he is too since he probably doesn't get some of the opportunities he's gotten without that exposure. But he was a horrible GM and is a crappy announcer.

Kerr has been with Rose on this the whole time. He is now saying that the other Bulls are out there playing hurt, and giving it all they can. If Rose is no longer feeling hurt, but it's only mental, then he needs to help his teammates and play a few minutes.

I think that's a fair comment.

One of the less underrated aspect of Jimmy Butler's game is he is a smart basketball player. He rarely makes mistakes on offense and defense. He is doing a fine job of slowing down D Will on defense right now and taking it strong to the hole on offense and making all the right passes. If he keeps on working that jump shot in the off season, he will be the best 2 guard option we can possibly have

The thing is, it wasn't even the backcourt play that hurt the Bulls tonight. The frontline was just non-existent out there. The defense was awful and no rebounding presence at all. You just can't let a team like the Nets out rebound you. That's just silly.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 12:09 AM)
Game 6 is Derrick's chance to be the hero if he wants it.

But he'll wait. He doesn't want to come back this round, even if it means advancing.

He doesn't need to be a hero. All the Bulls need right now is a backup PG who isn't Teague.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
The thing is, it wasn't even the backcourt play that hurt the Bulls tonight. The frontline was just non-existent out there. The defense was awful and no rebounding presence at all. You just can't let a team like the Nets out rebound you. That's just silly.

This. Noah got absolutely destroyed by Lopez last night. He and Taj also combined for only 5 rebounds in 41 minutes. That just can't happen.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
Jo had moments where his defense came in handy, but his foot has to be the problem at this point. At the least, it is distracting him

I know guys are beat up, and actually playing, but a lot of it had nothing to do with that. I am talking positional rebounding. There were way too many times that there were zero red shirts on the defensive or offensive boards.