2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
The Bulls arent gonna win this series, but I know the Heat werent happy to find out they were going to be playing the Bulls as opposed to the Nets. There will be a lot of post game ice baths for both sides

Nailed it. Even at fouls that weren't that hard in the 4th, Lebron was frustrated. Then after he missed the 3 with 22 secs left, he didn't even try and foul when they were down 6.

Jimmy was my player of the game yesterday. Didnt let Lebron go off.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2013 -> 11:29 PM)
Amazing game. The difference between west ball and east ball is just mind-blowing. I literally fall asleep at times watching these eastern conference teams play this boring ass late 90's ball. West ball is so much more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

The NBA is the NBA. Their is no difference in play from the East and West. Not like their is a DH or something.

Only difference is the West will play later at night in the midwest.

Edited by Brian

Woke up and the Bulls still won.

I think what amazes me most about Jimmy's performance is during breaks you could see him looking a bit tired. What I'd expect them is him to start missing his FTs and jumpers. Nope. I feel like he was perfect FG% in the fourth, including that huge 3 (which by the way, are much less flat than they used to be).

Lebron still took Jimmy easily on about 25% of his drives, but he strangely didn't try Bellinelli that much. I'd expect that to change. Belli did a great job defending Lebron and staying in good position, but Lebron can still beat him a good amount if he tried. (Of course, part of that is our help D being so good last night Lebron knew he'd get mugged if he beat our guards)

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)

I think what amazes me most about Jimmy's performance is during breaks you could see him looking a bit tired. What I'd expect them is him to start missing his FTs and jumpers. Nope. I feel like he was perfect FG% in the fourth, including that huge 3 (which by the way, are much less flat than they used to be).

Lebron still took Jimmy easily on about 25% of his drives, but he strangely didn't try Bellinelli that much. I'd expect that to change. Belli did a great job defending Lebron and staying in good position, but Lebron can still beat him a good amount if he tried. (Of course, part of that is our help D being so good last night Lebron knew he'd get mugged if he beat our guards)

I'm truly starting to believe that Jimmy Butler is going to wind up being an All-Star.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
I'm truly starting to believe that Jimmy Butler is going to wind up being an All-Star.

SG is so weak, if he can stick there in the east you might be right.

Jimmy's FG% was only 38%, but 9/10 from FT. That's lower than I thought, but considering his minutes and his effort on D he had to exert, to me it's still incredible.

It's weird to speak of "pride" with respect to something I don't have a personal stake in, but that word keeps coming to mind when I think about this Bulls team. They have a huge heart and huge stones. No matter what happens from here, I feel proud of them.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:13 AM)

You know the Heat and LeBron's strategy was for him to get his teammate's involved, and then take over the 4th quarter while they dialed up their defense and shut us down. Thing is, while LeBron has shifted to Rose in the 4th quarters and shut him down, they had no real answer for Nate. I expect LeBron to be a bit more aggressive in the next game instead of waiting til the 4th quarter.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
You know the Heat and LeBron's strategy was for him to get his teammate's involved, and then take over the 4th quarter while they dialed up their defense and shut us down. Thing is, while LeBron has shifted to Rose in the 4th quarters and shut him down, they had no real answer for Nate. I expect LeBron to be a bit more aggressive in the next game instead of waiting til the 4th quarter.

He's our irrational confidence man we needed dearly in 11.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)

If the Bulls can actually get Deng back in the next game, so that they can have an extra body to throw at Lebron, they can make this even tougher on him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
If the Bulls can actually get Deng back in the next game, so that they can have an extra body to throw at Lebron, they can make this even tougher on him.

Hinrich on Chalmers, Butler on Wade, Deng on James, Noah on Bosh,

That is a great d lineup against the heat. Hinrich is a luxury at that point on chalmers (likely will get butler some rest since you can do hinrich on wade and keep nrob in game vs. Chalmers).

Really hope Bosh can stay cold from 3. Heat become much easier to defend when that s*** isn't working.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)

That is a great d lineup against the heat. Hinrich is a luxury at that point on chalmers (likely will get butler some rest since you can do hinrich on wade and keep nrob in game vs. Chalmers).

Really hope Bosh can stay cold from 3. Heat become much easier to defend when that s*** isn't working.

Honestly I had no idea why Bosh was even taking 3s last night. He hit 21 out of 74 threes this season, it isnt like he is a guy that has a ton of success from that range.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)

With Deng not being at 100%, I might be inclined to keep Butler on James and Deng on Wade. If Marco and Deng are on the floor at the same time, then Marco takes Wade and Deng back to James.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
Honestly I had no idea why Bosh was even taking 3s last night. He hit 21 out of 74 threes this season, it isnt like he is a guy that has a ton of success from that range.

Yea for some reason this season Bosh has got it in his head that he can shoot 3's, especially this postseason. He's hit them at times with a fair amount of success, but I'll give him that shot all night long.

I have to give props to Marco for not really being a problem defensively. He's come a long way. Not to say D Wade really pushed him, but you could see his effort was very high all night long.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:48 AM)
Lineup I know won't happen but holy s*** imagine if it did:

Rose's backup

Curry

Butler

Love's backup

Noah