2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
He played for the Jazz for a few years and is bad at basketball.

Granted Ive never seen him play, I think under Thibs tutelage he can be an Asik like stopper who has better hands and is a better passer...That 9'6" wing span is tied with Greg Oden for the largest in the league, you teach him a little D and he could make us forget all about Asik.

Easily the best 20 minutes of my life...After watching that I really hope he catches on here. I see potential in his game and after that video I know he'd be awesome in the scalabrine role. I love this guy after that 20 min video! WATCH IT!!!

He def has good footwork

Watching this again, dude is awesome. He reminds me of the foreigner in Eastbound and Down who's name is not coming to me

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
Spoiler alert: Fesenko is awful and is perennially out of shape. Don't kid yourself.

This. It gives Thibs a big body to work with, but I doubt anything comes of it.

Think of it this way: Why is a 7'1, 280 lb mobile center signing a non-guaranteed deal? Because he is not that great. Or good.

I'd probably have the same reaction with Hasheem Thabeet

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
Spoiler alert: Fesenko is awful and is perennially out of shape. Don't kid yourself.

Lol you only back to rip me huh? I just want him to catch on because he's hilarious and can dance, hence why I said he'd fit in the goofy, fan favorite, Scalabrine roll. There were moments in that video where he looked pretty darn good, but I do realize its a highlight video.

Watch the video guys its highly entertaining.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
I wouldn't write off the Thunder this year, though if Harden goes somewhere else, yeah.

The Thunder actually match up pretty well with the Lakers still. Perkins is worthless against teams like Miami but he still plays good low post defense and has given Dwight some trouble in the past. Add in the fact that the Lakers are very slow defensively on the perimeter and you have a pretty good matchup for the Thunder. Nash guarding Harden or Westbrook will be laughable.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
The Thunder actually match up pretty well with the Lakers still. Perkins is worthless against teams like Miami but he still plays good low post defense and has given Dwight some trouble in the past. Add in the fact that the Lakers are very slow defensively on the perimeter and you have a pretty good matchup for the Thunder. Nash guarding Harden or Westbrook will be laughable.

That was why I wouldn't write them off. The Lakers can't cover Westbrook or Durant and though they have no scoring inside, they have big bodies to throw at Dwight and Gasol.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I don't follow the NBA much in the off season but reading the articles about Thibs' extension just made me depressed. Not that we extended him but reading about how our team has been gutted. Seems like there is zero chance for us to be true contenders this year. *sigh*

From the twittersphere in the past 24 hours:

Thibs extended 4 years

KC Johnson is optimistic that the Bulls will work out an extension with Taj Gibson before the upcoming deadline

Boozer and Rip are reportedly in noticeably better shape, according to Thibs (Rose listed as day to day)

Thibs claims the Celtics tried to trade for Hinrich while he was an assistant there

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
From the twittersphere in the past 24 hours:

Thibs extended 4 years

KC Johnson is optimistic that the Bulls will work out an extension with Taj Gibson before the upcoming deadline

Boozer and Rip are reportedly in noticeably better shape, according to Thibs (Rose listed as day to day)

Thibs claims the Celtics tried to trade for Hinrich while he was an assistant there

...typical Thibs. Hahaha