2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)
It's hard to say you wouldn't root for the Bulls if they had certain players on the team after most of us grew up rooting for them when they had Dennis Rodman on them.

yeah, like i always hated AJ, then when he came to the sox I loved him while most MLB fans everywhere still hated him. From my experience of living in Chicago it seems to me that a lot of fans of the bulls are more concerned with keeping MJ on a pedestal than getting a player that could possibly threaten his achievements. I get it, i grew up watching him dominate the heat but man that was like 20 years ago. Our generation is the new version of Chicagoans that just couldnt let go of the 85 bears and will always compare Walter Payton to any other "soft" running back that comes to play for Chicago, or a certain Middle Linebacker that doesn't play with the ferocity of Singletarry.

Im thankful lebron went to my hometown heat, but holy crap if he came to Chicago with derrick rose thats nba championships easily and it would have been huge for the city of Chicago and the image of the Bulls franchise would be ridiculously huge. I dont get how people can say they didnt want Lebron on the bulls, i really dont. Well have fun with Luol Deng i guess?

Edit: Oh and another thing ive hated since ive lived here. When people say that a player "embodies" the way a Chicago Bull/Bear/White Sox/Blackhawks/Sky player should play. Like seriously? People here are so prideful in hardnosed blue collar Chicago players that theyre willing to snub guys with bad personalities that are actually good at the sport they play in, and that give them the best chance to win a championship?

Edited by flippedoutpunk

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
The thing I hate most about Lebron and Wade is how much they flop. They're 2 of the best players in the NBA and they flop so damn much, they're shameless about it.

I would root for the Bulls regardless but I'd be like "Go Bulls! Oh Lebron is a dick, I hate that guy. But go Bulls, yay!"

Wade flops, LeBron doesn't.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 11:44 AM)
I only started following baseball in 2010 so I couldn't tell you.

Why, is there flopping in baseball...?

No, he is known to be a dick. As ozzie(pretty sure it was Ozzie) famously stated(not verbatim) "If you play against AJ, you hate him. If you play with AJ, you hate him a little bit less"

And flopping sucks in Basketball, but it is an advantage that pretty much all elite players use. Back in MJs day he used to push off/hand swipe like nobodies business and it drove opponents insane, but it was never called so he kept right on doing it, and now the NBA calls it.

Competitors look for advantages and exploit them, it is what it is

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)
:lol:

good one. Type in Lebron flops in google images, there's like 10 moving gifs that come up, each of a different flop. And those are just the ones someone bothered to gif.

Everyone in the NBA flops. LeBron is not nearly as bad as most other stars. Everyone needs to get over the LeBron hate - it's over, he chose South Beach. He also grew way the f*** up last year, manned up, and dominated from day 1 and led his team to an NBA Championship. He's a monster and the most physically gifted NBA player ever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
Wade flops, LeBron doesn't.

LeBron flops but no more than any other player.

Also, the LeBron "quit on his team" narrative is ridiculously overblown. You can maybe make the case in game 5 but that game was just an absolute beat down by the Celtics, the entire Cavs team was brutal. He didn't play well but in game 6 he grabbed 19 rebounds had 10 assists and scored 27 points. He also held Paul Pierce to 13 points on 4-13 shooting. You don't put up those types of numbers, particularly the rebounds, if you have quit.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
LeBron flops but no more than any other player.

Also, the LeBron "quit on his team" narrative is ridiculously overblown. You can maybe make the case in game 5 but that game was just an absolute beat down by the Celtics, the entire Cavs team was brutal. He didn't play well but in game 6 he grabbed 19 rebounds had 10 assists and scored 27 points. He also held Paul Pierce to 13 points on 4-13 shooting. You don't put up those types of numbers, particularly the rebounds, if you have quit.

I was referring specifically to game 5. And at the end of game 6 when they played the clock out with 2 1/2 minutes left, that was pretty ugly too

Lebron has made his amends in my eyes. I thought he was amazing last season

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
I was referring specifically to game 5. And at the end of game 6 when they played the clock out with 2 1/2 minutes left, that was pretty ugly too

Lebron has made his amends in my eyes. I thought he was amazing last season

They didn't play the clock out with 2 1/2 minutes left. They basically let the clock run out in the last minute when they were down by 9. I would prefer playing that one out to try to get a Reggie Miller against the Knicks or T-Mac against the Spurs type miracle but the narrative that he quit on his team in that game is absurd.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
They didn't play the clock out with 2 1/2 minutes left. They basically let the clock run out in the last minute when they were down by 9. I would prefer playing that one out to try to get a Reggie Miller against the Knicks or T-Mac against the Spurs type miracle but the narrative that he quit on his team in that game is absurd.

It is what it is. I didnt apply the label, I just agreed with it. And it wasnt only the closing minute. Lebron was dogging it for the final 2+ minutes

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Let me put it this way... I didn't see a single person say they didn't want LeBron, Wade, and/or Bosh on the Bulls during the free agent frenzy of a few years ago. No one said anything like that until AFTER they went to Miami.

This

LBJ in a Bulls jersey would look gooooooood

Lebron_James_Chicago_Bulls_by_Yala100.jp

He's just too good to keep hating on, it's not like he's murdered someone. Lucky Heat "fans"...and if he's finally figured it out;, may the basketball gods have mercy on the rest of us.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Why am I not supposed to hate on someone because they're good? There's no fun in rivalries then. Who cares about disliking scrubs like Blatche? I'm not going to like every NBA player and I don't like LeBron.

That being said, I wanted him on the Bulls badly. I would not trade Rose for him though.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Why am I not supposed to hate on someone because they're good? There's no fun in rivalries then. Who cares about disliking scrubs like Blatche? I'm not going to like every NBA player and I don't like LeBron.

That being said, I wanted him on the Bulls badly. I would not trade Rose for him though.

I would ship all the Bulls to Miami, including Rose, for LBJ but that's just me. He's a once in a generation player.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
I would ship all the Bulls to Miami, including Rose, for LBJ but that's just me. He's a once in a generation player.

I know LBJ is better, but I would not part with Rose.

Rose has the opportunity what LeBron could have been in Cleveland. That's a once in a lifetime player situation.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
I know LBJ is better, but I would not part with Rose.

Rose has the opportunity what LeBron could have been in Cleveland. That's a once in a lifetime player situation.

After Rose's knee blow out, there is a chance we never see "Derrick Rose" again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
After Rose's knee blow out, there is a chance we never see "Derrick Rose" again.

Thank you

It may seem heartless but if the Heat were dumb enough to propose that trade (never gonna happen), I wouldn't think twice.

I survived watching MJ wear a different jersey, I think I'll manage this one too.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
Adrian Peterson gives me hope.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope he will be OK, but his whole game is his speed and elusiveness. If he loses even a fraction of that, he doesn't have the size or the jumpshot to make up for it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I really hope he will be OK, but his whole game is his speed and elusiveness. If he loses even a fraction of that, he doesn't have the size or the jumpshot to make up for it.

Still has the strength and the body control. Considering Rose was faster than the entire league, he can afford to lose a small fraction.

But isn't the biggest detriment of ACL injuries mental now a days? In the past it was a death sentence, now it seems like a minor obstacle. Like RG3.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
Still has the strength and the body control. Considering Rose was faster than the entire league, he can afford to lose a small fraction.

But isn't the biggest detriment of ACL injuries mental now a days? In the past it was a death sentence, now it seems like a minor obstacle. Like RG3.

Most come back, some don't. It depends on the person. It isn't a 100% thing. No surgery is.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
He's just too good to keep hating on, it's not like he's murdered someone. Lucky Heat "fans"...and if he's finally figured it out;, may the basketball gods have mercy on the rest of us.

What is this nonsense? I can only dislike someone if they are a murderer (I understand the exaggeration)?

I do believe the guy is the greatest player in the game right now. However, a lot of stories i've read about the guy paint him as a total dbag. I personally think he is a dbag. Just because he finally started to play up to his bball potential doesn't mean I stopped thinking he was a douche. I will continue to dislike him because of this.

It's the same thing with KG. The guy is passionate, and very very good. He also has a ring. He is still a dick, and I dislike him because of it.

That being said, I can still respect how good he is, and if he was a Bull, I wouldn't stop being a Bulls fan. But it annoys me when people say he finally won, you can't hate on the guy anymore.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
What is this nonsense? I can only dislike someone if they are a murderer (I understand the exaggeration)?

I do believe the guy is the greatest player in the game right now. However, a lot of stories i've read about the guy paint him as a total dbag. I personally think he is a dbag. Just because he finally started to play up to his bball potential doesn't mean I stopped thinking he was a douche. I will continue to dislike him because of this.

It's the same thing with KG. The guy is passionate, and very very good. He also has a ring. He is still a dick, and I dislike him because of it.

That being said, I can still respect how good he is, and if he was a Bull, I wouldn't stop being a Bulls fan. But it annoys me when people say he finally won, you can't hate on the guy anymore.

QFT