2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
What is this nonsense? I can only dislike someone if they are a murderer (I understand the exaggeration)?

I do believe the guy is the greatest player in the game right now. However, a lot of stories i've read about the guy paint him as a total dbag. I personally think he is a dbag. Just because he finally started to play up to his bball potential doesn't mean I stopped thinking he was a douche. I will continue to dislike him because of this.

It's the same thing with KG. The guy is passionate, and very very good. He also has a ring. He is still a dick, and I dislike him because of it.

That being said, I can still respect how good he is, and if he was a Bull, I wouldn't stop being a Bulls fan. But it annoys me when people say he finally won, you can't hate on the guy anymore.

You have the right to hate the guy all you want, I never said everyone should stop hating him. In my case, I'm just going to enjoy watching the greatest player right now without hoping he falls flat on his face. I'm way past the disappointment of him not wanting to be a Bull, that's all.

Yep...I can sort of understand bench scrubs and marginally talented NBA players flopping. Hey, you have to create a niche for yourself.

But Lebron is the so-called "Best NBA player on the planet", he doesn't need to flop at all. He just does it because he's a huge b***h.

Derrick never flops. And some of you would trade Derrick for Lebron just because you want rings and don't care about anything else, whatever man that's your prerogative. I'd never though. Who I cheer for matters to me.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
No, not everybody. Please stop trying to excuse flopping. Flopping is despicable, it ruins the image of the entire sport. That's why the NBA is taking steps towards penalizing it.

Dennis Rodman was a flopper and we didn't care. It's really no big deal. Get mad at refs for falling for those tricks, not the players.

blame the players. Thinking you got hacked is not the same thing as flopping though.

I know Chris Paul, Wade, Lebron, Ginobli, Harden, Blake...are some of the most egregious floppers in the league. The fact that they're big stars makes it WORSE imo

Edited by RZZZA

If Rose learned the art of flopping from Chris Paul he would probably average 20 a game just on free throws! And he might still have an ACL.

He'd also be a huge joke amongst diehards, just like Chris heliflopter Paul is...

I hate peoples mentality sometimes. Now people are saying hey Derrick you should flop more. Hey Thibs, we should tank the season.

Just weak ass b***h s*** going on...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
blame the players. Thinking you got hacked is not the same thing as flopping though.

I know Chris Paul, Wade, Lebron, Ginobli, Harden, Blake...are some of the most egregious floppers in the league. The fact that they're big stars makes it WORSE imo

Because they can get away with it... it may be a b**** move but if it works and if it helps you win why not? Just Win

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
He'd also be a huge joke amongst diehards, just like Chris heliflopter Paul is...

Yeah im sure thats the first thing on his mind.. Oh man if i start flopping and preserving my career by not actually getting hit, RZZZA from soxtalk is going to think im a p****!

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
You act like you don't know anything about Derrick Rose.

I guarantee you his mentality is much nearer along my lines than yours, or anybody elses who think he should flop and tank the season.

BEHOLD, DERRICK ROSE'S CONSCIENCE!!!!!!!!

The other thing people hold against LBJ is that he's a douche, so effing what, so was MJ, Kobe is a dick, KG is a major a-hole...

Give me a team full of pricks who win over nice guys who lose. What a lame argument. Go be a Cubs fan.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
The other thing people hold against LBJ is that he's a douche, so effing what, so was MJ, Kobe is a dick, KG is a major a-hole...

Give me a team full of pricks who win over nice guys who lose. What a lame argument. Go be a Cubs fan.

yeah seriously. its like, man another year of not making the finals and another year of a s***ty draft pick. oh well, at least loul deng was really nice and competitive. Derrick Rose is a once in a lifetime player, both athletically and especially personality wise. He's like Scott Skiles' wet dream, but dont expect every player that signs with Chicago to be the same way. Superstars usually have s*** personalities, or just hide them really well until they are exposed (Dwight Howard).