2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
If I stop, this thread will have like 2 replies per month :/

Don't flatter yourself. The NBA thread was one of the most active on the entire board last year. Wait until the season starts. And dude, Kirk Hinrich sucks.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
Don't flatter yourself. The NBA thread was one of the most active on the entire board last year. Wait until the season starts. And dude, Kirk Hinrich sucks.

Once the season starts, this thread and TalkBulls will be waaaay more active.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
Don't flatter yourself. The NBA thread was one of the worst threads on the entire board last year, and yet somehow just keeps getting worse.

Fixed

Edited by Felix

No he doesn't, he's gonna be getting double doubles for us this year

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
Ok maybe not double doubles. But I could easily see him averaging 10+/7/4 boards/1 block/1 steal

You probably shouldn't expect a guy that most consider a fringe starter at this point to set new career highs in three different categories.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Dude hasn't even averaged 5 assists a game since 2007-2008. He has never averaged 7 in his entire career.

Being injured and on terrible teams for 2 years may have something to do with that. He's a smarter and better PG now than when he was last in a Bulls uniform. And Thibs is gonna ride him hard.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
Being injured and on terrible teams for 2 years may have something to do with that. He's a smarter and better PG now than when he was last in a Bulls uniform. And Thibs is gonna ride him hard.

Even when he was averaging 36+ minutes a game early in his career, he still never hit 7 apg. He isn't going to be playing nearly that much this year.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)

So in the two years where he was injured and on terrible teams he became a better point guard than when he was last in a Bulls uniform? Based upon what exactly?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
No he doesn't, he's gonna be getting double doubles for us this year

Kirk has 3 double doubles in his last two seasons (120 games), and 49 in his 634 career games.

So yeah, he might have two or three.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
This is just screaming for a sig bet.

Id take that bet just on technicalities. lol he didnt say he'll average a double double or anything, Kirk will probably get a couple a month and I'd be happy with that.

I see Kirk as a Kyle Orton(yes I compared him to a QB) type, someone who will manage the game just enough to give us the chance to win. Not a great player or a game changer but good enough to get the Bulls by until Rose returns. I don't think a career high in assists (which would only be 7, what I'm calling for) would be an unrealistic average for the year...

Game 1: WOOWOO LOOK AT KIRK Y'ALL! BENCH AWESOME!! KYLE AND STEVE R DUMB!

Game 2: Damn bench gave that game away. Its only the preseason

Game 3: *crickets*

next day: Kirks gettin dub dubs ya hear? pessimists

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
I see Kirk as a Kyle Orton(yes I compared him to a QB) type, someone who will manage the game just enough to give us the chance to win. Not a great player or a game changer but good enough to get the Bulls by until Rose returns. I don't think a career high in assists (which would only be 7, what I'm calling for) would be an unrealistic average for the year...

A 31 year old on the decline averaging a career high an assists when he is going to play less minutes per game than he did early in his career is by definition unrealistic.

Game 1: WOOWOO LOOK AT KIRK Y'ALL! BENCH AWESOME!! KYLE AND STEVE R DUMB!

Game 2: Damn bench gave that game away. Its only the preseason

Game 3: *crickets*

next day: Kirks gettin dub dubs ya hear? pessimists

LOL, Kyrie you so bad...

I still think the Bench will be awesome, but I said that it'll be awesome when D.Rose comes back. In Game 3, Deng and Rip didn't even play 1 minute.

When D.Rose comes back, our bench will have 3 starting caliber players on it...Kirk/Deng/Taj with possibly a 4th being Nasty Naz. How is that not awesome?

ONE OF DA BEST BENCHES IN DA LEAGUE BRO

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
I still think the Bench will be awesome, but I said that it'll be awesome when D.Rose comes back. In Game 3, Deng and Rip didn't even play 1 minute.

When D.Rose comes back, our bench will have 3 starting caliber players on it...Kirk/Deng/Taj with possibly a 4th being Nasty Naz. How is that not awesome?

ONE OF DA BEST BENCHES IN DA LEAGUE BRO

Ok, now you are just trolling. Nazr Mohammed as a starting caliber player? One of the dumbest things ever posted in this thread and that is saying something.

Also, I would like to know who is starting for Deng that allows you to add him to the bench and why Hinrich wasn't good enough to start for a "terrible" Hawks team but is a starting caliber player.

Deng has played with the bench for the past 3 years, is this your first time watching the Bulls?

Kirk got passed over because he was injured and because the Hawks had a young promising PG named Jeff Teague they wanted to groom.

Naz being starting caliber is very wishful thinking, granted. But his offense is definitely a lot better than Asiks was. Naz can actually hit a 15 foot J.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)
Deng has played with the bench for the past 3 years, is this your first time watching the Bulls?

Kirk got passed over because he was injured and because the Hawks had a young promising PG named Jeff Teague they wanted to groom.

Naz being starting caliber is very wishful thinking, granted. But his offense is definitely a lot better than Asiks was. Naz can actually hit a 15 foot J.

Deng has come off the bench for one game in the last 3 years. He plays more than Derrick Rose for christ's sake. He is in no way a bench player.

Spoelstra does like to keep one of either Wade or Lebron on the court at all times.

If you play with the bench in every game and do so for significant minutes, for several years straight, I don't see whats so controversial about me including Deng with the bench mob. He's there, he's playing and he's playing big minutes. *shrug*