2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
You've never encountered a person who was a big fan of a player who wasn't a superstar before? I'm the first?

I love Lu. I love him. If I was a female I'd let him have my babies. If that makes me crazy then I'm crazy.

P.S. I got an A in critical thinking

Not the case at all. His name is greg775

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
You've never encountered a person who was a big fan of a player who wasn't a superstar before? I'm the first?

I love Lu. I love him. If I was a female I'd let him have my babies. If that makes me crazy then I'm crazy.

P.S. I got an A in critical thinking

I've been a big fan of many non-star players. I'm also realistic and don't elevate them to God-status x3 simply because I have some silly infatuation with them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
Oh stop it. You clearly consider anyone not holding pom-poms 24/7 to be a bad fan. You also think Luol Deng is God's gift to basketball when he's barely above average, especially with one arm.

These things irk me and make me doubt your critical thinking ability.

Oh come on now, that's a little harsh. Not saying the dude is an all star, but give him a little credit.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
lol @ this thread

So last year...everyone shoo'd Felix away for being too anti-Bulls.

Now this year, everyone is flaming RZZZA for being a Bulls optimist.

It was more that he dared to speak out against Derrick Rose than the Bulls. Frankly, I didn't give two s***s, but others did. People rip the others Bulls all the time.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
lol @ this thread

So last year...everyone shoo'd Felix away for being too anti-Bulls.

Now this year, everyone is flaming RZZZA for being a Bulls optimist.

I have no problem with RZZZA being an optimist. I dont buy into what I see this season, and RZZZA has a problem with that. The last 3 pages are RZZZA refusing to acknowledge that starter and bench player are not interchangeable terms per coach.

It was more that he dared to speak out against Derrick Rose than the Bulls. Frankly, I didn't give two s***s, but others did. People rip the others Bulls all the time.

Dared to speak out against Rose...? Just a few days ago multiple people here said they'd gladly trade Derrick Rose away in exchange for a douche bag like Lebron....

Isn't that sorta the same thing?

People always make fun of me for calling others 'not real fans', but if you don't care about any of our players and want to trade Derrick Rose away I definitely think you're a lesser fan than I am.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Dared to speak out against Rose...? Just a few days ago multiple people here said they'd gladly trade Derrick Rose away in exchange for a douche bag like Lebron....

People always make fun of me for calling others 'not real fans', but if you don't care about any of our players and want to trade Derrick Rose away I definitely think you're a lesser fan than I am.

Felix just said Rose isn't better than CP3.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)

No, Felix always maintained that Rose was a great player with limitations, a lot of it due to efficiency. There were a lot of disagreements.

And fantasy trades dont make people lesser fans. Wanting the best player in the league bar none does not make you a lesser fan if you would be willing to trade another superstar(Rose)

I've heard people say they'd want to trade Rose and Thibs. But I just think they ARE the Bulls as we know them. I don't think you're a real fan if you want to get rid of those two, I don't care if it is for Lebron or Dwight or Jesus himself.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
I've heard people say they'd want to trade Rose and Thibs. But I just think they ARE the Bulls as we know them. I don't think you're a real fan if you want to get rid of those two, I don't care if it is for Lebron or Dwight or Jesus himself.

I'm pretty sure Jesus himself would be a pretty sizeable upgrade.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)

k

This is kind of amazing, but since RZZZA has started posting in here (coincidentally around the same time I stopped regularly posting in here... lucky me), the thread has somehow gotten worse. I don't know how that's even possible, but

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Felix just said Rose isn't better than CP3.

And, just for the record, he still isn't.

Don't blame me for your sh*tty thread, I'm not stopping you guys from talking about what you want to talk about.

And CP3 is only better than Rose if you base your entire argument around statistics. In the real world, CP3 has not accomplished more than Rose has., so those god0like stats haven't really translated into real world success. Not more than Derrick any way.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Don't blame me for your sh*tty thread, I'm not stopping you guys from talking about what you want to talk about.

You missed the part where I said the thread was s***ty BEFORE you. So just use your imagination to picture how truly godawful it is now.

I mean s***, the last three pages have been you arguing a ridiculous point just for the sake of arguing, leading to an asshole like me coming into the thread with the sole purpose of calling you a moron. THAT is what the NBA thread is all about.

You missed the part where I said the thread was s***ty BEFORE you. So just use your imagination to picture how truly godawful it is now.

I mean s***, the last three pages have been you arguing a ridiculous point just for the sake of arguing, leading to an asshole like me coming into the thread with the sole purpose of calling you a moron. THAT is what the NBA thread is all about.

Hey man, it's not my fault that these guys decided to throw a fit about me including Deng with the bench players, despite the fact that he plays so much with them. If anybody other than me said that I doubt they would have made such a big issue out of it.

I still think I'm right. Lu is an honorary member of the bench mob.

I don't come here for insightful basketball discussion any way, I can go to realgm for that. They have higher standards. I come here for entertainment. And to argue about nothing.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
This is kind of amazing, but since RZZZA has started posting in here (coincidentally around the same time I stopped regularly posting in here... lucky me), the thread has somehow gotten worse. I don't know how that's even possible, but

And, just for the record, he still isn't.

I'm better than D-Rose right now.