2012-2013 NBA thread

I think we can say our bench players benefit from Luol, but you can't say Luol is a bench player. That would imply that we have yet another player at his position that is enough better than him to start in his place.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Roy was exciting tonight - I really hope he somehow stays healthy with Minnesota for two reasons - one, kid works hard and deserves it, and two, if he plays like 80% of Brandon Roy, the Wolves become very, very interesting.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
Well, technically I didn't say he's a bench player...I said he's a member of the bench mob...slightly different meanings but...let's not rehash this again ;)

I still think the Bench will be awesome, but I said that it'll be awesome when D.Rose comes back. In Game 3, Deng and Rip didn't even play 1 minute.

When D.Rose comes back, our bench will have 3 starting caliber players on it...Kirk/Deng/Taj with possibly a 4th being Nasty Naz. How is that not awesome?

ONE OF DA BEST BENCHES IN DA LEAGUE BRO

Exactly how is that NOT claiming that he is a bench player? :huh:

I like to remain enigmatic :)

Exactly how is that NOT claiming that he is a bench player? :huh:

It would have been better to say: "Our 2nd unit will have 3 starting caliber players on it".

Edited by RZZZA

I tried to post something legitimate about the NBA, but perhaps this thread is broken since it's just become a RZZZA sped thread.

Ohh, I'm sorry, do you feel ignored? Here let me quote you so that nobody misses your excellent post:

Brandon Roy was exciting tonight - I really hope he somehow stays healthy with Minnesota for two reasons - one, kid works hard and deserves it, and two, if he plays like 80% of Brandon Roy, the Wolves become very, very interesting.

I agree, the wolves were already one of my favorite teams to watch the past year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
I tried to post something legitimate about the NBA, but perhaps this thread is broken since it's just become a RZZZA sped thread.

It's the T-Wolves. What did you expect? Besides, that was just your way of saying "look at this awesome guy I just picked up in fantasy basketball" without coming right out and saying it. ;)

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)
It's the T-Wolves. What did you expect? Besides, that was just your way of saying "look at this awesome guy I just picked up in fantasy basketball" without coming right out and saying it. ;)

Nate Robinson > all

....?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)

Nah, I just wanted to post something legitimate about the NBA in the NBA thread.

"I mean we have a lot of plays, it’s a new system, and the defense, you know,’’ Marco Belinelli said. "Everything is new for me, and I don’t want to use that as an excuse, but it’s maybe two weeks that we’ve played all together." Through four preseason games, Belinelli is struggling with averages of 5.5 points and 1.5 steals on 30.4 percent shooting.

I particularly adore this quote, because Sly Belinelli is basically saying that playing defense sucks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 07:49 AM)
"I mean we have a lot of plays, it’s a new system, and the defense, you know,’’ Marco Belinelli said. "Everything is new for me, and I don’t want to use that as an excuse, but it’s maybe two weeks that we’ve played all together." Through four preseason games, Belinelli is struggling with averages of 5.5 points and 1.5 steals on 30.4 percent shooting.

I particularly adore this quote, because Sly Belinelli is basically saying that playing defense sucks.

Yep, it's different. Now he has to play offense while very tired because he can't rest on defense. My favorite basketball coaches always preached that you blow it all out on defense and rest on offense. It's brilliant because no one wants to rest on offense, they want to score! If they can't rest on D, and they won't rest on O.....people are working hard.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
New Uniform Power Rankings

The Brooklyn Nets uniforms look like generic uniforms from Double Dribble

The new blue knicks jerseys and the Blazers jerseys are sick. Im neutral on the nets jerseys, would of liked if both the O's in BrOOklyn were thick rimmed hipster glasses buy hey what ya gona do amirite?