2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
Oh come on now - the Kirk and Naz comments were the ridiculous part there. But whatever - this is dumb.

Right! Whoever brought this up shouldnt of done that

Open Court on NBA TV is like my favorite thing to watch these days. All the TNT/NBATV commentators get together and discuss pretty much everything historically and currently. Last night they touched on the backcourt and spent 15 minutes talking about Derrick Rose's "return" more bluntly than any dogs*** Chicago media would do.

Interesting fact, I was unaware Steve Kerr tore his ACL in college. Kenny Smith made a crack that he was back dunking in "no time". They all say, with today's technology, that physically Derrick Rose should come back and be able to be Derrick Rose, but the biggest hurdle will be mentally.

They then showed the injury 15 times, and I nearly got the razors out to end it all. Ha.

The panel then discussed how the play Rose tore his ACL on is (obviously) a move he makes 20-30 times per game - it's that weird hiccup step that totally throws all defenders off his path. To be the SAME player, Rose has to pass the mental hurdle. Chris Webber, fwiw, doesn't think Rose will ever be able to pass that hurdle. Diesel thinks D-Rose will be back to normal in 2013/14. The entire panel agreed that Rose should sit out this entire season. They also said that, if all goes well, Rose might be forced to become more of a facilitator of the offense during this period while he gains his confidence back, and come out on the other side an even more remarkable player.

I remember rookie Derrick Rose, whom everyone said needed more killer instinct, and I disagree with the above statement. He did not want to become the primary scorer but did so out of necessity due to lack of help on the offensive end.

Yeah, that issue will still exist until the Bulls do something to address the supreme lack of scoring options on the roster.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
Ha, Chris Webber talking about other peoples being unable to overcome adversity and mental hurdles is a laugh. Call a timeout Chris

Dayom, Webber burn!

That episode re-airs tonight for anyone who is interested. It's worth a watch.

I think Rose recovers. Of course not 100 percent, because that is just not something anyone should expect, but I dont think there is going to be a noticeable drop in his production, and i certainly dont think we will see him playing scared of injury

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Wouldn't be shocked if we saw Bynum go into "I don't give a sh*t" mode this year.

Why, because he has an afro that makes him lazy? He's being billed as the star of that team, I don't really see why that would make him care less.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Why, because he has an afro that makes him lazy? He's being billed as the star of that team, I don't really see why that would make him care less.

Ha. Where did I mention anything about his hair? Wtf.

He can easily tun into a crybaby, like we've seen in the past.