2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Wow, booz is playing angry tonight. He's dunking on people, driving the lane, showing the handles...someone must've gotten him angry before the game

if he played like this every night we wouldn't have to amnesty him

Yeah, maybe the spray-paint hair that's missing was holding him down.

Dude is a waste, but in a meaningless preseason game he gets fired up - wonderful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
The first round of the NBA Draft just got more entertaining.

yup.

They also took a vote and decided NOT to add sponsor logos to the uniforms for now, but some think with Stern stepping down in 2014 that it could happen then.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

I can't believe either team would want to do that.

Are the Rockets going to pay Harden? Will Harden do it?

This has to make it more likely that Harden could choose the Bulls as a FA?

The timing of this is really strange. It's not even a week before their first game. Besides the whole luxury tax thing, it's drastically altering a title contender with no time for the new guys to work their way into the lineup before the season.

I'm shocked.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
The timing of this is really strange. It's not even a week before their first game. Besides the whole luxury tax thing, it's drastically altering a title contender with no time for the new guys to work their way into the lineup before the season.

I'm shocked.

It honestly makes no sense to me, especially for the Thunder. Unless those "draft considerations" are somehow upper 1st rounders, they got fleeced.

With that said, I don't feel like Houston really wins big because their team still isn't that good.

OKC just got better now and in the long run.

Damn Presti is a good GM. I mean, he got lucky hitting on Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. They could have all been busts, but damn they hit. And then stole PJIII. Scouted and got Ibaka.

But the Perkins trade, getting Thabo (though Taj is fair value) and now Lamb? God damn Presti is good.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
OKC just got better now and in the long run.

Damn Presti is a good GM. I mean, he got lucky hitting on Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. They could have all been busts, but damn they hit. And then stole PJIII. Scouted and got Ibaka.

But the Perkins trade, getting Thabo (though Taj is fair value) and now Lamb? God damn Presti is good.

Yup. Harden wanted max money. After the Ibaka extension, that just wasn't happening. The Thunder are in this thing for the LONG haul. I love it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
Outstanding move by the Thunder. That organization knows what the f*** they're doing.

I don't think they do. They got scared of future luxury tax payments (not even current luxury tax issues) and made their team worse. K-Mart is likely gone after this year (otherwise, keep Harden), so then they have Lamb and draft picks for one of their key players. The only way they can win this deal is if they strike gold again in the draft, and I don't think Houston will suck enough for them to get top-5 picks out of this.