2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 10:42 PM)
That seems like a lot, but you know damn well someone would give it to him in the off-season (probably back-loaded so the Bulls couldn't match).

Way too much I would of waited and seen what someone else offered him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
Bulls

Heat

Lakers

Celtics

Thunder

Bulls are blacked out as I'm in the Chicago area. Right now my for sure are Lakers, Heat, Timberwolves. Leaning towards the Clippers for my third Western conference team. Not sure on a second Eastern conference team.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
Bulls are blacked out as I'm in the Chicago area. Right now my for sure are Lakers, Heat, Timberwolves. Leaning towards the Clippers for my third Western conference team. Not sure on a second Eastern conference team.

I'd get the best team from each division, and avoid the Heat honestly as they'll likely be on TNT/ESPN/NBA TV for 70% of their games. Same with the Lakers, with their 9:30 starts for most of their games, you'll see those anyway.

You gotta think this through. Houston is a good one, as is Minnesota.

Honestly, with NBA TV I just can't justify any version of League Pass (though, I just looked at it and that 5-team is a ripoff). Why would you pay $26.99 per month for 5 teams when you could pay $39.99 for all teams? Or pay $0 and watch NBA TV?

Seriously, don't waste your money on that stuff. Unless you have the world's worst cable package, you get NBA TV. That means every night you get games or NBA Gametime. Then ESPN does their NBA Coast to Coast on other nights.

NBA Gametime (NBA TV) - live lookins to games around the league, basically NFL RedZone for NBA fans.

NBA Coast to Coast (ESPN/ESPN2) - same as above.

Tuesday and Thursday nights - NBA on TNT

Wednesday and Friday nights - NBA on ESPN

Random other nights - Bulls on CSN/CLTV/WGN

Random other nights - games on NBA TV

Save your money!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
He's better at running an offense then Nate. Nate was terrible at times yesterday.

Being better at running an offense than Nate Robinson is quite an awful qualifier. Kirk dribbles down the shot clock like a dick, but he should be better than he was last night on most nights. He was rusty due to the groin injury.

The Bulls are going to be a 5-7 seed without Rose. That should be fun to watch - I enjoyed the game last night despite the extreme lack of players that are exciting. They need to get Taj more minutes, and they should with Asik gone. I see no reason why he can't get 25-30mpg playing PF and C in today's NBA, but he only had 19 last night after averaging 20 last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
Honestly, with NBA TV I just can't justify any version of League Pass (though, I just looked at it and that 5-team is a ripoff). Why would you pay $26.99 per month for 5 teams when you could pay $39.99 for all teams? Or pay $0 and watch NBA TV?

Seriously, don't waste your money on that stuff. Unless you have the world's worst cable package, you get NBA TV. That means every night you get games or NBA Gametime. Then ESPN does their NBA Coast to Coast on other nights.

NBA Gametime (NBA TV) - live lookins to games around the league, basically NFL RedZone for NBA fans.

Save your money!

I'm out of market at school and don't get NBA TV but...still doesn't justify the price of NBA League Pass to me. MLB.tv is worth the cost to me though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)

Save your money!

I don't have television of any kind in my apartment. Just an Xbox with an internet connection.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
I don't have television of any kind in my apartment. Just an Xbox with an internet connection.

So what do you hook the Xbox up to, exactly?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)

Gotta go with the Nuggets.

With the Bulls out...

Heat

Thunder

Lakers

Spurs

Clips

I think those 5 would give you the most consistently entertaining basketball. They're all contenders with star power that can put the ball in the net on a regular basis.

The T-Wolves will eventually be entertaining, but much less so until Love and/or Rubio get back (about a month for Love, I think January for Rubio).

Edited by ZoomSlowik