2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Did anyone see Kevin Durant in an earlier possession just lose control of the ball early in the shot clock and gave the possession to the spurs? Low bbiq

Ha. Thanks.

Apparently Durant can't make mistakes and anytime Westbrook shoots he's making a mistake. So stupid.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
All I can say about NCAA vs NBA or any pro league...

I like to watch sports because I like to see the very best in the world at their craft do work. The NCAA has a very limited interest to me because the talent can't touch the NBA, save 1 or 2 players in a given game. The main novelty of the NCAA is to see who might become good enough for the better league, and occasionally something to keep you occupied when nothing else is going on. It gives people with no more pro markets nearby something to watch. In the end though, I want to see the best in the world at play.

If you have no dog in the fight, maybe thats the case. For those of us that have programs we follow and are actually competitive, College bball and football are awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
If you have no dog in the fight, maybe thats the case. For those of us that have programs we follow and are actually competitive, College bball and football are awesome.

College football is a ton of fun...I haven't been able to get into College basketball since the Frank Williams, Roger Powell, Robert Archibald, Deron Willinams, Dee Brown, Luther Head days of the Illini.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Is it next year the Bulls get the Bobcats pick no matter what or year after next?

Neither.

From RealGM's picks owed resource...

2013 first round draft pick to Chicago

Charlotte's own 2013 1st round draft pick to Chicago (top-12 protected in the 2013 Draft, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft.) [Charlotte - Chicago, 2/18/2010]

So it's probably 2015 at least, especially since 2013 doesn't appear to have a sure-fire franchise guy that can jump-start their rise to respectability.

Did anyone see Kevin Durant in an earlier possession just lose control of the ball early in the shot clock and gave the possession to the spurs? Low bbiq

Didn't watch the game huh? Russel Westbrook was derping throughout that entire game...being an awful PG, not creating opportunities for teammates and continually taking bad shots that weren't going in.

Durant has nothing to do with what a dumb ass Westbrook is

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
Didn't watch the game huh? Russel Westbrook was derping throughout that entire game...being an awful PG, not creating opportunities for teammates and continually taking bad shots that weren't going in.

Durant has nothing to do with what a dumb ass Westbrook is

Westbrook has a pretty good bball iq, but since he plays PG, it doesn't show as much because he's only played SG everywhere else. Either way, it amazes me how much of a pass Durant gets considering he's a dominant scorer who never calls for the ball. He should though. Durant has the skill, but Westbrook at least has the balls on that team.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
Pretty impressive showing for the Bulls. I love the energy "Mr. Excitement" brings...If Derrick is somewhat healthy and playing come playoff time this team is gonna make some noise.

This took long.

I like how the Bulls are beating bad teams while the Pacers lose to them

Goes to show that the Bulls are an above average team no matter if Derrick Rose is there or not. Tommy Thibs is the reason the Bulls are as good as they are. And of course Derrick Rose just adds to it but...

I'm impressed at how hard Thibs gets his players to play for him. Nobody ever questioned the Bulls' ability to overachieve in the regular season but its still impressive when you watch them bring it every single night

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
I like how the Bulls are beating bad teams while the Pacers lose to them

Goes to show that the Bulls are an above average team no matter if Derrick Rose is there or not. Tommy Thibs is the reason the Bulls are as good as they are. And of course Derrick Rose just adds to it but...

I'm impressed at how hard Thibs gets his players to play for him. Nobody ever questioned the Bulls' ability to overachieve in the regular season but its still impressive when you watch them bring it every single night

Given the relatively small amount of leverage a coach has over a player with a guaranteed contract, I agree that is pretty remarkable what he gets out those guys.