2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
Andrew Bynum won't resume basketball activities until 12/10, and will not return until "1-4 weeks" after that.

My fantasy team is displeased.

Bynum has 80 year old knees. Its really too bad, he is a beast when healthy

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
In the world of my nba 2k13 season, where nobody cares, I dealt Boozer and a f***ton of draft picks to the Thunder for Kevin Martin. Taj is starting and beasting. Oh, they also wanted Nate Robinson.

Best videogame ever, btw.

Please contact GarPax

This is a great read.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...se-attack-rehab

Adrian Peterson, the modern-day epitome of successful knee rehab in sports, advised the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose to "attack" his comeback and not hesitate to return as soon as he can.

My advice for him would be to just attack it. Right now, the ligament is strong enough to cut with it. Don't be hesitant. When you're out doing drills, do it as you normally would any other day. Push yourself and challenge yourself. That's the only way you'll build the strength and confidence to where it should be.

” -- Adrian Peterson on Derrick Rose

Peterson, who returned to the Minnesota Vikings just 10 months after tearing his ACL and MCL with a helmet to his knee on Christmas Eve, has arguably regained his explosive cutback style. He predicted Friday by phone to ESPNChicago.com that Rose would do the same.

"How far out is he (six months)?" Peterson said. "My advice for him would be to just attack it. Right now, the ligament is strong enough to cut with it. Don't be hesitant. When you're out doing drills, do it as you normally would any other day. Push yourself and challenge yourself. That's the only way you'll build the strength and confidence to where it should be."

Peterson, who leads the NFL with 957 yards rushing, said "90 percent" of his rehab was mental.

"And that's what I would tell him: 'Man, you're (six months out), you're strong, you can't damage it unless a freak accident takes place," he said. "Attack it like any other day and make sure, when you're done working out, you know you've accomplished something.' "

Peterson met Rose for the first time on the set of a video game commercial before the Bulls' guard tore his ACL last April 28 in the team's first playoff game.

"I was just excited to meet him when we did the video shoot, just to see the things he does on the court, and he's my height," Peterson said with a laugh. "To know how hard he works and how determined he is, we have the same warrior spirit in how we play the game. He's one of those guys when you're counting the guys who are all in, he's all in."

Peterson remembers another thing from that meeting that stays with him.

"It's shocking that I inspire him because of the time it took for me to recover from my injury," Peterson said. "When we met that day in Houston, he was getting ready to head out, and I was on the set and he came over and asked 'Do you mind if I get your autograph?' He wanted me to sign the back of his phone.

"I don't always understand the position I'm in. But me looking at Derrick Rose, who's a superstar and he's asking me for an autograph, that's pretty cool."

Peterson said he remembers seeing the replay of Rose's injury in Game 1 of the NBA playoffs last spring and was devastated.

"I remember seeing it and man, you don't want your fellow athlete going through something like that, but it's motivating, too, to think about him now," he said. "He's a good person, very respectful, and just knowing his spirit and his work ethic, I know he's going to come back better than before.

"It's funny, I haven't talked to him since that last time I saw him, but I just feel it and I can sit here and say I know he's going to come back better than he was before."

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
If the bulls can squeak into the playoffs, even as the 8th seed, theyll have a chance as long as Mr. Rose is back, especially since Rose's legs wouldnt have been subjected to a season of Thibs' 40 minutes per game policy in meaningless games.

I'd imagine the amount of exercise he's going through in rehab is akin to much more than a 40 minute game everyday.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
If the bulls can squeak into the playoffs, even as the 8th seed, theyll have a chance as long as Mr. Rose is back, especially since Rose's legs wouldnt have been subjected to a season of Thibs' 40 minutes per game policy in meaningless games.

If they get into the playoffs as the 8 seed, they get the Heat in the first round. No chance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
Its a team that can beat bad teams, but isn't good enough to beat good teams. This has .500 written all over this season, at least until Rose gets back

The OKC game was a perfect snapshot of how the season will be IMO. They were good enough to battle and hang tough with them. But once crunch time hit, Durant & Westbrook took over, while the Bulls were getting jump shots from Deng & Hinrich.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
I just can't believe that Nate Robinson can average 15 points a game for a team that will probably finish over .500

This Bulls team doesn't really have any true scoring options. They have a bunch of 2nd and 3rd options. If Robinson gets minutes, he will score. Granted that will come with a low assist and high turnover rate... but he will score.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 07:33 PM)
Teague looked good last night. His defense was awesome and he was able to make some nice passes and penetrate.

It was nice watching someone young and fast and athletic. You can tell he's learning, he is pretty passive in the offense at times watching the action. That will come with time. He's so raw, raw at kentucky, I really want him to play this year a lot. I hope Hinrich stays injured.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
If we win the central, which isn't exactly out of the question, they're a guaranteed 4th or better seed right? Or did the NBA unceremoniously change that rule?

I think that's still the rule. The only change they made was to allow for a 2nd place team to get the 3 seed if they have a better record than the worst division winner.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
If we win the central, which isn't exactly out of the question, they're a guaranteed 4th or better seed right? Or did the NBA unceremoniously change that rule?

With the way the Pacers are looking and the outlook of Danny Granger, I'd say the Bulls are the favorite for the Central Division.

I dont think the bulls are as bad as some guys here make them out to be. They dont have to break the record for most wins in a season, they just have to stay afloat long enough for their star to get back to playing and then its anyones ballgame from there, I can see the bulls being dangerous in the playoffs with Rose being super hungry with visions of his tragic Adidas commercial playing in his head.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
I dont think the bulls are as bad as some guys here make them out to be. They dont have to break the record for most wins in a season, they just have to stay afloat long enough for their star to get back to playing and then its anyones ballgame from there, I can see the bulls being dangerous in the playoffs with Rose being super hungry with visions of his tragic Adidas commercial playing in his head.

I have said since the off season that I think the Bulls could easily be the #4 or #5 team in the east when Rose comes back. Then all bets are off.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)

I don't think they are bad, I just don't think they are very good either.