2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Here is the cap breakdown of the Asik deal:

Kinda interesting that it's different for the teams.

That's kind of cool. Although Gar/Pax probably vomited when they saw the salary for year 3.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
I don't believe this. You can find guys like Asik in the NBDL. He reminds me of Tree Rollins. Let Houston, etc, be stupid. Worry about Taj. Don't worry about Asik.

Houston's been going after a legit big man for a while now. Asik, however, isn't legit.

However, $5 mill for Asik is perfectly reasonable. We'd get his best years at $5 mill then hopefully trade him before year 3. Easy, peasy, Japanesy.

Even if we don't trade him before then, its only 1 year. We can work around it. It's not such a bad contract.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
However, $5 mill for Asik is perfectly reasonable. We'd get his best years at $5 mill then hopefully trade him before year 3. Easy, peasy, Japanesy.

Even if we don't trade him before then, its only 1 year. We can work around it. It's not such a bad contract.

Having a backup center make 15 mill, even for a year, will really limit what they can add to the team...I really wanna see Lu traded and Boozer amnestied next year and make a run at one of the FA SGs (Harden, Martin, or Ellis). Having a 15 million dollar contract on the team will make this impossible..

In 3 years Noahs making 13.1 mill, according to reports Asik will be making more than him and thats just not right AT ALL.

A sign and trade is ideal but if the Bulls cant make that happen, have fun in Houston Omer...Hope you get your cardio up kid, you looked like you were gonna pass out when Thibs gave you more mins.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
There aren't many true Cs in the NBA. In games against the Dwight Howards of the world, not having Asik hurts. But not many teams have 7-foot centers. Most nights having Taj play against the team's 5 is fine. And Asik is awful. He plays solid D because of his height. But cannot hit FTs. Picks up way too many fouls. And has no offensive game whatsoever. He turns the ball over a ton. Doesn't pass well. He is incredibly overrated.

'The Dwight Howards of the world'? Shouldn't that just read: Dwight Howard? Who is even remotely close to his level at that position?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
my 'obsession' is with not losing him for nothing.

Yeah, I love your passion man, but keeping Asik at this price would hurt the Bulls more than letting him walk.

Yeah, I love your passion man, but keeping Asik at this price would hurt the Bulls more than letting him walk.

if the Bulls thought that then they wouldn't match. We'll see what happens.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 05:30 PM)
The Nets have agreed to acquire Joe Johnson contingent on Deron Williams re-signing. Makes no f***ing sense at all.

Joe Johnson is supposed to make Williams want to stay? Really?

Deron Williams

Dwight Howard

Joe Johnson

Gerald Wallace

Makings of a pretty solid lineup? Johnson and Wallace arent' #1 options but they don't need to be, even if they're paid like it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
Deron Williams

Dwight Howard

Joe Johnson

Gerald Wallace

Makings of a pretty solid lineup? Johnson and Wallace arent' #1 options but they don't need to be, even if they're paid like it.

They don't have Dwight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
They don't have Dwight.

Well clearly, but when he's demanding to be traded to the Netropolitans...usually those things have an annoying habit of happening.

I'm not certain whether they can swing it to make the contracts work after this deal, but starting with Lopez they can send $5 million in salary to Orlando with him and a couple rookies and they're currently sitting on a fair amount of space even after signing Wallace.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
Deron Williams

Dwight Howard

Joe Johnson

Gerald Wallace

They don't have the pieces or cap room to get Dwight anymore. And apparently they were going to make this move whether or not Deron Williams re-signed, which he has yet to do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
Well clearly, but when he's demanding to be traded to the Netropolitans...usually those things have an annoying habit of happening.

I'm not certain whether they can swing it to make the contracts work after this deal, but starting with Lopez they can send $5 million in salary to Orlando with him and a couple rookies and they're currently sitting on a fair amount of space even after signing Wallace.

It is already going around that Dwight is really not possible should this trade go through.

I just dont get it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
It is already going around that Dwight is really not possible should this trade go through.

I just dont get it.

Is that because of the cap...or is that because the authors are assuming that Brook Lopez + whatever other assets they'd have left wouldn't be enough to get Dwight? I'm not counting on the latter.