2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/po...of-fight-at-msg

Tyson Chandler and Joakim Noah were ejected for fighting in the fourth quarter of Chicago's win over New York. The two centers were tangled up near the rim when Chandler appeared to swing his elbow at Noah twice before turning around. Chandler and Noah then exchanged words and Noah appeared to head butt Chandler. The two had to be separated by teammates and officials.

I certainly didnt see it that way, it looked like Chandler initiated the headbutt too

Marco Bellinelli...I hope this stretch you're on is not a complete fluke. Because this kind of play is exactly what the Bulls need when Derrick Rose gets back to strength.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Marco Bellinelli...I hope this stretch you're on is not a complete fluke. Because this kind of play is exactly what the Bulls need when Derrick Rose gets back to strength.

Thibs gets the best out of his players and Marcos best is exactly what this team has needed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
I admit I was wrong about Marco, he is far exceeding my expectations. I wish we would forget Nate on the side of the road somewhere. Kirk, Nazr and VladRad too

I have no issue with what Nate has brought so far this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
I have no issue with what Nate has brought so far this year.

You shouldn't say things like this days after you said you haven't been watching games because Rose isn't playing

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
You shouldn't say things like this days after you said you haven't been watching games because Rose isn't playing

A highly inconsistent guy who on most teams would be an occasional backup but who also can hit a hot streak or two and help win a handful of games, but a guy that you'd hate to rely on for an actual winning team?

Especially for the money he's paid, I think that's just fine. I'd rather have him than Hinrich for this couple month stretch, not even counting who's paid more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
A highly inconsistent guy who on most teams would be an occasional backup but who also can hit a hot streak or two and help win a handful of games, but a guy that you'd hate to rely on for an actual winning team?

Especially for the money he's paid, I think that's just fine. I'd rather have him than Hinrich for this couple month stretch, not even counting who's paid more.

Again, in your own words, you aren't watching

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
Honestly, no, I haven't watched a game this year. I will watch a game when Derrick Rose returns.

Nate is a black hole. He is stunting Teagues growth, he takes laughably bad shots, rarely plays within the offense, rarely plays defense.

He can go away, and I would be just fine with it

Nate is the best point guard on the team and is a big part of the reason we're atop our division right now. I hope he stays when Derrick comes back too. Wouldn't mind seeing Kirk go, but dumping Rip for a pick wouldn't bother me either.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
Nate is the best point guard on the team and is a big part of the reason we're atop our division right now. I hope he stays when Derrick comes back too. Wouldn't mind seeing Kirk go, but dumping Rip for a pick wouldn't bother me either.

All the complaining about Hinrich yet Hinrich has a strong plus/minus, plays great D, and the shooting percentage has been improving. Nate has been nothing but a black hole most of the time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
All the complaining about Hinrich yet Hinrich has a strong plus/minus, plays great D, and the shooting percentage has been improving. Nate has been nothing but a black hole most of the time.

I'm a Kirk fan but Nate is an integral piece. I also think that Kirk's role could be more easily replaced by a Teague than Robinson's scoring by anyone else.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
I'm a Kirk fan but Nate is an integral piece. I also think that Kirk's role could be more easily replaced by a Teague than Robinson's scoring by anyone else.

I think Kirk is more useful on the roster alongside Rose than he is without him. Kirk can't score enough right now, but that's where DR1 can fit in.

WTF? People would rather have Kirk on this team? It's bad enough we decided on him instead of OJ, but now, you want to keep a guy who is negatively contributing to this team?

He has a 10.2 PER on the year. He's shooting .467 TS% with a putrid .436 eFG%. Ortg is 99 with a Drtg of 103.

Nate has a 16.5 PER with .524% TS% and .482 eFG%. His offensive rating is 105(105 points for everyone 100 posessions). 103 Drtg.

Yes, that's right, Hinrich's supposed great defense has been as good as Robinson's putrid defense. He can't create for jack, misses a ton of wide open shots and contributes nothing. I guess people like the fact that he's grindy and Chicago fans are trying to prove a team can win with literally no offense since subtracting Nate and keeping Hinrich accomplishes that.

BTW, Nate has a 13.9 TOV%(turnovers per 100 possessions) while Kirk has 19.9 TOV%

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Seriously, PER actually agrees with me? I'm...impressed.

Every stat agrees with you. If you even watch 5 minutes(not you, anyone in general) of a game as a casual fan, you can tell Hinrich sucks and is living off of reputation from 5 years ago at this point.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Every stat agrees with you. If you even watch 5 minutes(not you, anyone in general) of a game as a casual fan, you can tell Hinrich sucks and is living off of reputation from 5 years ago at this point.

TY, they almost had me convinced to stop believing my own points.