2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:29 AM)
I'd argue thats exactly what works in the college game. You can much more easily boss around a bunch of 18-21 year olds than a bunch of 22-32 year old millionaires. Skiles would be a good system coach for a team with subpar talent.

And by the time they get sick of him (and vice versa) they would be graduating or going pro.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
He's pretty tough on his players though which may or may not work in the college game. As an x's and o's guy he is one of the better coaches in the game. I also will always appreciate what he did with the Bulls (they were fun to watch with him...especially when you factor in all the years of s*** before he came along).

I think Skiles does a great job as a "Franchise fixer".

I'd hire him tomorrow if I were the Wizards. Maybe the Cavs also, maybe the Kings. Teams that have started accumulating pieces but aren't all there yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Rose must be right around the corner.

Derrick Rose is now doing "predictable contact" in practice.

In other words, Rose is now allowed to participate in certain drills where the contact can be controlled -- such as one-on-one.

@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA

The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA

The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

First they lost the Palms now the Kings, business must be bad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
That's not much of a reward, unless it's extremely long-term.

Meh, it's something they can hype up in their first season. Otherwise the face of the franchise is DeMarcus Cousins. :lol: Certainly the timing would be better if they did it in 2014 when the big prize is Andrew Wiggins.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

So, now the Kings history ceases to exist.

Interesting thing is that Sac had a great arena deal in place. KC has the Sprint center.

I'd love if there was expansion and both cities got a team just to watch them fight for the Kings name.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
I doubt that will happen. Dont get me on my soapbox about the whole Browns-Ravens-Cleveland thing. That just pisses me off.

By ceases to exist I mean that it now enters limbo like the Sonic's history did.