2012-2013 NBA thread

This is pretty f***ed up:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id...y-chicago-bulls

Even if Dolan gets some dirt, so what? Is he going to tattle on players to the league?

In the wake of an incident between Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett that resulted in Anthony's suspension, the Knicks recorded all in-game conversations between the forward and players around him Friday against the Bulls, a league source has confirmed.

Owner James Dolan ordered Madison Square Garden technicians to place two microphones on opposite ends of the court, a move league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard was put in place in order to protect Anthony.

The Knicks were trying to ascertain whether other players were going overboard in their trash talking against Anthony, sources told Broussard.

It is not clear whether the recordings will continue, but sources tell Broussard that any move to paint them as Dolan "spying" on Anthony is "flat-out wrong."

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leroy boyd - 5 hours ago

I am glad that Rose has deciided to get into the weight lifting to get strongr and improve his mscle levels. This is going to make him much better.

I love comments on articles - and of course that guy's name is Leroy Boyd.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
I m also gld that Rose is gtting into weght lfting because I bet he nevr liftd weigts befre his surgry

Biceps and triceps muscles magically pop up when you play basketball.

So, for some reason the Bobcats are trying to trade their pick. They've had discussion with the Bulls because they REALLY want their pick back. Biyombo has come up in trade talks.

So...

Bobcats Pick + 2013 Bulls Pick + Rip for 2013 Bobcats Pick + Biyombo

2013-2014

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

McLemore/Hinrich

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Biyombo

I'd be ecstatic with that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 12:16 AM)
So, for some reason the Bobcats are trying to trade their pick. They've had discussion with the Bulls because they REALLY want their pick back. Biyombo has come up in trade talks.

So...

2013-2014

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

McLemore/Hinrich

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Biyombo

Wait what!? That sounds fantastic!....You basically wipe out the T2 trade and rename him B2 then trade Rip and a mid 20's pick for a top 3 pick??? Uh yes please.

Bismack working with Thibs just makes me salivate.

Also, they could potentially trade the pick if they're not comfortable with Shabazz, Mclemore or any other SG who may emerge.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 11:58 PM)
Wait what!? That sounds fantastic!....You basically wipe out the T2 trade and rename him B2 then trade Rip and a mid 20's pick for a top 3 pick??? Uh yes please.

Bismack working with Thibs just makes me salivate.

Also, they could potentially trade the pick if they're not comfortable with Shabazz, Mclemore or any other SG who may emerge.

Passing on Shabazz, McLemore, or Goodwin would be idiotic.

I know this is a pipe dream, but I feel like with more sweetener, the Bobcats might bite.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 12:21 AM)
Passing on Shabazz, McLemore, or Goodwin would be idiotic.

I know this is a pipe dream, but I feel like with more sweetener, the Bobcats might bite.

Is MJ at still at the helm? Cause if he is, they probably will.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 12:16 AM)

So...

2013-2014

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

McLemore/Hinrich

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Biyombo

Doesn't work Salary-wise, the Bulls are sending out $5 million and taking back $3 million. That'd work if Charlotte had $2 million in cap space, which they don't. Need to attach another $500k+ coming back to the bulls to match.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 11:16 PM)

So...

2013-2014

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

McLemore/Hinrich

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Biyombo

Are you just making up rumors? Where's your source? Obviously the above wouldn't happen, but boy it'd be nice to unload Rip and get Biyombo in here to have that backup PF/C defensive force like Asik was last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:14 AM)
Are you just making up rumors? Where's your source? Obviously the above wouldn't happen, but boy it'd be nice to unload Rip and get Biyombo in here to have that backup PF/C defensive force like Asik was last year.

It's pretty much made up besides a rumor from realgm that the Bobcats supposedly want their pick back (and discussed Biyombo) and an article stating teams may wanna trade their draft picks this season.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
It's pretty much made up besides a rumor from realgm that the Bobcats supposedly want their pick back (and discussed Biyombo) and an article stating teams may wanna trade their draft picks this season.

It's amazing how f***ing awful the Bobcats continue to be - I'd love for the Bulls to hold on to that pick and certainly they need to wait for more than f***ing Bismack Biyombo regardless. How the f*** did the Bulls manage to move Tyrus?

Sad story - Tyrus is still owed 8.694 million in 2013/14 and 9.388 million in 2014/15.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
leroy boyd - 5 hours ago

I am glad that Rose has deciided to get into the weight lifting to get strongr and improve his mscle levels. This is going to make him much better.

I love comments on articles - and of course that guy's name is Leroy Boyd.

I hope he is also working on his jump shot, he's improved alot since his rookie year but if he ever developes an elite mid range game, he'll be unguardable.

Broussard was on ESPN while I was at the Gym, said that Rose is still working on cutting, said the AS break is his guess still, added that he's also heard Rose has added 10 lbs of muscle that he hopes will help him take the pounding of the NBA better and that he spent a ton of time working on his jump shot since that was sort of all he could do basketball wise.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
Broussard was on ESPN while I was at the Gym, said that Rose is still working on cutting, said the AS break is his guess still, added that he's also heard Rose has added 10 lbs of muscle that he hopes will help him take the pounding of the NBA better and that he spent a ton of time working on his jump shot since that was sort of all he could do basketball wise.

You were able to listen to all of that without losing massive amounts of blood through your ears?

Laurence Bowers of Mizzou came back from an ACL tear and yeah, his jumpshot is pretty great now. He can even consistently hit the three (he's a PF). But I'm hoping rose has a better recovery because Bowers appears to have lost some athleticism and shotblocking since the injury.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
Laurence Bowers of Mizzou came back from an ACL tear and yeah, his jumpshot is pretty great now. He can even consistently hit the three (he's a PF). But I'm hoping rose has a better recovery because Bowers appears to have lost some athleticism and shotblocking since the injury.

Rose will have to play into that shape; Ricky Rubio is dealing with that right now. Rose won't feel right probably for a few months even after he returns, so expecting a 100% Rose before tip off of the 2013/14 season is expecting too much.

Sure, Rose's work-ethic is unrivaled, which bodes well for a full recovery (and further development into an all-around beast), but there's just no way he'll hit the ground dominating.