2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Carlos Boozer named eastern conference player of the week. (Durant for western conference).

Boozer was informed of this at the Berto Center and yelled "Ahhhhhhhh" and shook his head back and forth

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
When Stern presented him with the award he screamed "GIVE ME THAT!" and snatched it away.

Would have been funnier if it was Boozer then proceeded to try and rip award away, resulting in it falling to ground and breaking with boozer tapping his chest and saying "my bad".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Would have been funnier if it was Boozer then proceeded to try and rip award away, resulting in it falling to ground and breaking with boozer tapping his chest and saying "my bad".

And of course as it was falling to the floor, Boozer would yell "grab it Jo!"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 12:01 AM)
An alien has taken over Kirks body

The Lakers are a joke. I don't get it

They should be fine offensively eventually but they are built horribly on the defensive end. Nash is as bad as it gets defensively, World Peace can't defend at all anymore, Kobe is mediocre on that end at this point but is being asked to guard every teams best perimeter scorer which will also take away from his offense. Gasol is old and slow and Dwight is a shell of himself right now. They have major issues. And it doesn't help that their personnel is a terrible fit for D'Antoni's offense since they have no shooters and none of their big men are completely ideal for the pick and roll since Gasol can pick and pop but is incredibly slow going towards the basket and Dwight can't make anything other than a dunk. They also have no bench at all.

I don't usually make this type of posts but Dwight Howard is NOT working out for the Lakers. Do you try to trade for him now thinking the price is way below what it used to be when he was with the Magic?

EDIT: Great win again, this is the Hinrich I thought we're getting when he signed.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 12:07 AM)
EDIT: Great win again, this is the Hinrich I thought we're getting when he signed.

You thought he would get defended by Steve Nash every night? Kirk isn't good, I'm happy he played one of like 3 good games he has had the entire season tonight though.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
Jimmy Butler is a good basketball player

Really like the kid's future. Usually don't compliment young players much unless they're special or underrated by people, but I like the tools he has. Already a very good free throw shooter, excellent form on his shot (which is essential to his potential offensive upside so obviously his offensive game will grow with confidence and more minutes) great efficiency (and a low TO rate to boot), good athleticism (with a Bulls team who isn't that athletic at all minus a couple players) and is already a very good defender. (great footwork, I.Q., etc.) He might not be a star, but I believe he'll be a solid starting SF in the future.

Edited by SoxAce