2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
I liked the point Simmons made too - by benching him they just lost some trade value. He's not an integral part of the team, so the Lakers can't demand top dollar.

Pau Gasols stock has plummeted all season long, and this absolutely makes it worse. Not only is he older and has bad knees, but now he isnt even a starter over Earl Clark. Thats just bad.

And last night they also pointed out how D'Antoni is sucking the life out of Kobe too by putting him on the opposing PGs. Since that movie was made, Kobes minutes have shot up and his shooting percentage has dwindled, and Kobe even said he was drained.

Not good in La La Land. And as a Bulls fan I LOVE IT

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
Pau Gasols stock has plummeted all season long, and this absolutely makes it worse. Not only is he older and has bad knees, but now he isnt even a starter over Earl Clark. Thats just bad.

And last night they also pointed out how D'Antoni is sucking the life out of Kobe too by putting him on the opposing PGs. Since that movie was made, Kobes minutes have shot up and his shooting percentage has dwindled, and Kobe even said he was drained.

Not good in La La Land. And as a Bulls fan I LOVE IT

When Kirk Hinrich goes for 22 against Steve Nash...don't you have to consider putting Kobe Bryant on the opposing team's best backcourt player, whether its' a SG or PG?

I mean, what would Rose have done if Hinrich can do that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
When Kirk Hinrich goes for 22 against Steve Nash...don't you have to consider putting Kobe Bryant on the opposing team's best backcourt player, whether its' a SG or PG?

Sure, but you have to give your best player a breather, switch it up a little bit so he isnt expending 90 percent of his energy defending.

Kobe had nothing left at the end of the game, he just started chucking high arcing prayers. That isnt the cold blooded killer that I am used to seeing closing out games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)

They don't really have a choice. Kobe has to guard the other teams best perimeter player unless it is a Paul Pierce type that is slow enough where World Peace can somewhat stay in front of him. World Peace doesn't defend well anymore, Nash is the worst defensive player in the NBA, Gasol is incredibly slow and Howard is awful defensively right now and no one on their bench is exactly a defensive stalwart. Some of this is on D'Antoni but that roster was always going to struggle defensively. I was saying as much before the season started.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
It is astounding to me that D'Antoni is forcing this personnel into his system rather than adapting to it. Pau Gasol as a bench player? WTF is wrong with you

The Lakers gave him a 3-year deal if I remember correctly, too. They should have stuck with the interim coach after they fired Mike Brown's goofy Princeton Offense. Seriously, oldest team in the league in with the 7 seconds or less coach? It made no sense then and it makes no sense now.

They are built around four players, with absolutely zero depth. Three of those four have spent the season in and out of the lineup, while the best one has been there all year dominating - but now Kobe's wearing down. They could finish with fewer than 35 wins.

The Lakers would be nuts to not see what the Nets would send them for Dwight right now. Also, side note, Nikola Vucevic (one of the guys the Magic got in the Dwight deal) is straight beasting. On the day of the trade, the Magic were the clear losers, but with Vucevic dominating, Bynum yet to play a game, and thinks going to s*** in LA, they somehow look like the winners.

Check out Vucevic's game log.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
I dont like him as a person so I am on board with you. He's a tremendous douche.

but......he's white!!!

I'm okay with Kirk. Don't know anything about him as a person, he's a hard worker, he can defend some and plays smart. He plays okay sometimes, other times he plays so badly that we tolerate Nate Robinson's defense just to get a PG that might score.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
but......he's white!!!

I'm okay with Kirk. Don't know anything about him as a person, he's a hard worker

What exactly makes him more of a hard worker than say Nate Robinson? You just made fun of the "he's white" idea, but then completely 100% backed it up by saying he's a "hard worker" when it's damn-well guaranteed he doesn't work harder than some of our other bench players. But, he's Kirk Hinrich, so he's a hard-working, white guard?

Come on.

Damn, I missed last night's Bulls/Lakers game, didn't even know they were playing until today.

That's what I get for being a negative nelly and not getting NBA League Pass because I thought the Bulls were gonna be awful this year..gonna sign up this weekend.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
What exactly makes him more of a hard worker than say Nate Robinson? You just made fun of the "he's white" idea, but then completely 100% backed it up by saying he's a "hard worker" when it's damn-well guaranteed he doesn't work harder than some of our other bench players. But, he's Kirk Hinrich, so he's a hard-working, white guard?

Come on.

That's just dumb seeing as almost any Bulls fan would tell you that Rose and Noah are the two hardest working guys on the team. Butler gets the same accolades off of the bench.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
That's just dumb seeing as almost any Bulls fan would tell you that Rose and Noah are the two hardest working guys on the team. Butler gets the same accolades off of the bench.

Yeah, 95% of players in the NBA are hard workers... or else they wouldn't be there. Acting like Kirk gets bonus points for this is silly.

But he's white, and bad, so it looks like he's always working hard because he's so damn awkward and bad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
Yeah, 95% of players in the NBA are hard workers... or else they wouldn't be there. Acting like Kirk gets bonus points for this is silly.

But he's white, and bad, so it looks like he's always working hard because he's so damn awkward and bad.

I really am amazed how much his game has regressed over the last couple of years. I was pretty happy to have him as Rose's back up, but wow, he just doesn't have that step anymore. At this point I would ditch him, even if it meant releasing him, and roll with Robinson and Teague once Rose is back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
I really am amazed how much his game has regressed over the last couple of years. I was pretty happy to have him as Rose's back up, but wow, he just doesn't have that step anymore. At this point I would ditch him, even if it meant releasing him, and roll with Robinson and Teague once Rose is back.

Teague has been pretty brutal in the games I've seen him play in. Still too much of a rookie to get playing time over Kirk.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)

Hinrich is much better then Nate/Teague.

Hinrich is still good defensively, and our 2nd unit has really thrived in being a stifling D unit. I just hate the flow of the offense with him. Honestly, I don't see the difference between hinrich at the top of the key and noah. You know both are just looking to pass.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
Hinrich is much better then Nate/Teague.

WHAT?

Sure, Nate has his pitfalls, but his value has been astronomical compared to Kirk.

That being said, I'd rather have Kirk here than Rip Hamilton, and it looks like that's the route the Bulls would take if they were to dump someone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)

Come on.

I look at hard work in terms of what goes on on the court. Obviously NBA players work hard. On the other hand, Kirk is a physically limited guard who has earned a reputation for playing good defense and likewise being a hustle player. Nate doesn't play defense -- not because he's black, a little bit because he's short, but also because he slacks on defense. A lion's share of NBA players use defense as time to rest for offense. Kirk doesn't and never has done this and it is part of him that I like. It is largely the reason he was signed. When I say he's a hard worker, it is because he works harder than most other players, even on a Tom Thibodeau-coached team.

I also consider Luol Deng and Joakim Noah as notoriously hard workers. Derrick has a reputation for tireless practice and intensity in game, but we've also seen him look lazy on defense before (this has gotten much better recently).

I can't see everything the players do and we're obviously working with a high baseline as far as effort goes. Certain players repeatedly shine because their effort is at a higher level than that baseline and I believe that is perhaps the main reason that Kirk is still an NBA player. And I really don't give a s*** that he's white. If we want to bring up another white guy, Kyle Korver never stood out as a hustle guy to me nor does Marco Belinelli. Marco admitted that he's not used to trying on defense and basically said it was the reason for his early season struggles. With Omer, I can't decide if he was slow in brain, slow in feet, or a bit lackadaisical.

I think Omer had two issues that made him look slow to catch up with the Bulls, injuries and the lockout. Remember, last season he was coming off the broken leg in the playoffs, so his conditioning wasnt at top form. IIRC he also had a broken clavicle in his final season in Europe.

THis season he was healthy and hit the ground running

f*** Nate Robinson. The offense sucks when he is in.

"Hey I'm goingn to dribble back and forth for 16 seconds and then go ISO and throw up a terrible shot"

There are literally possessions where he is on the court where he holds the ball for the entire 24 seconds.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
f*** Nate Robinson. The offense sucks when he is in.

"Hey I'm goingn to dribble back and forth for 16 seconds and then go ISO and throw up a terrible shot"

There are literally possessions where he is on the court where he holds the ball for the entire 24 seconds.

We're comparing him to Kirk Hinrich, and Nate's hit some big shots. Kirk does the same thing to a much higher degree with regards to holding the ball.

PER

Nate Robinson - 16.7

Rip Hamilton - 13.4

Kirk Hinrich - 10.5

Marquis Teague - 5.8

Oh, and for s***'s and giggles, Deron Williams has a PER of 18 and Ty Lawson has a PER of 14.6.

Nate's been pretty valuable this year to a team that greatly lacks scoring.