2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 05:31 PM)
We're comparing him to Kirk Hinrich, and Nate's hit some big shots. Kirk does the same thing to a much higher degree with regards to holding the ball.

PER

Nate Robinson - 16.7

Rip Hamilton - 13.4

Kirk Hinrich - 10.5

Marquis Teague - 5.8

Oh, and for s***'s and giggles, Deron Williams has a PER of 18 and Ty Lawson has a PER of 14.6.

Nate's been pretty valuable this year to a team that greatly lacks scoring.

Nate's only considered valuable because Kirk is f***ing awful. Defense or no defense, when you put up a TS of .450, you don't deserve 25 minutes a game, nevermind starter's minutes.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 05:39 PM)
Nate's only considered valuable because Kirk is f***ing awful. Defense or no defense, when you put up a TS of .450, you don't deserve 25 minutes a game, nevermind starter's minutes.

Well, yeah, this is a very unique situation as the franchise superstar is out and the rest is patchwork. I think Nate's been more than anyone could have hoped, especially at his price tag.

We're comparing him to Kirk Hinrich, and Nate's hit some big shots. Kirk does the same thing to a much higher degree with regards to holding the ball.

PER

Nate Robinson - 16.7

Rip Hamilton - 13.4

Kirk Hinrich - 10.5

Marquis Teague - 5.8

Oh, and for s***'s and giggles, Deron Williams has a PER of 18 and Ty Lawson has a PER of 14.6.

I just feel that the offense runs smoother when Hinrich is in. I'm not denying Nate hasn't hit some big shots.

PER

Nate Robinson - 16.7

Rip Hamilton - 13.4

Kirk Hinrich - 10.5

Marquis Teague - 5.8

Nate has filled his role extremely well and I think Thibs has utilized him perfectly. This team occasionally needs a primary scorer to be out there and Nate does that. He can score and create his own shot.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 08:22 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-don...54445--nba.html

Sounds like Scal got a little tired of people doubting his skills so he sent a one on one challenge. Beat 4 guys (who had at least some skill) by a combined scored of 44-6 and then played 3 average joes 3 on 1 and dominated them too.

This is no surprise - the worst NBA player is 1,000x better than any s*** amateur white guy from Boston. I wish I could recruit Scal for my Thursday night league. ;)

He should try that in Chicago though - D-Rose at age 16 would have smoked him!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 11:19 PM)
F*** Kirk Hinrich

"Hey I'm goingn to dribble back and forth for 16 seconds and then make an obvious pass leading to a contested shot around the expiration of the shot clock"

FIFY

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
DirectTV is giving everyone a free week of league pass, who have been the fun teams to watch this year?? Kevin Love still hurt??

All of Minnesota is hurt.

OKC, LAC, Portland, Denver

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
This is no surprise - the worst NBA player is 1,000x better than any s*** amateur white guy from Boston. I wish I could recruit Scal for my Thursday night league. ;)

He should try that in Chicago though - D-Rose at age 16 would have smoked him!

Agreed. Not surprising at all. I played with guys like Deron Williams and Luther Head when they were at Illinois and their level of play when they actually decided to play for real during stretches of pick up games was unbelievable. It is almost like they are playing a different sport.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
DirectTV is giving everyone a free week of league pass, who have been the fun teams to watch this year?? Kevin Love still hurt??

Houston has been pretty entertaining. GS when Curry is healthy. Other than that, it's pretty obvious:

Miami: Peak LeBron, 'nuff said.

OKC: How do you trade Harden and somehow get better?

Clippers: Paul

Lakers: just for comedy, I guess.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Houston has been pretty entertaining. GS when Curry is healthy. Other than that, it's pretty obvious:

Miami: Peak LeBron, 'nuff said.

OKC: How do you trade Harden and somehow get better?

Clippers: Paul

Lakers: just for comedy, I guess.

I dont know, I see it more of a unintentional bad movie like The Room

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)

I get it that the Pelican is the state bird and all, but to me that name is awful. I think Rougarou, Swamp Dogs and Bullsharks all would be better names. Rougarou would have been my choice.

Proposed new Sonics arena...

The latest designs for the proposed Sodo arena show shimmering walls of water along the west facade and on the stepped plaza to the main entryway. The architects for investor Chris Hansen on Tuesday also outlined ideas to make the facility environmentally sustainable, from capturing and reusing rainwater to solar heating and generating energy for the surrounding neighborhood.

2020190921.jpg

via

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
I get it that the Pelican is the state bird and all, but to me that name is awful. I think Rougarou, Swamp Dogs and Bullsharks all would be better names. Rougarou would have been my choice.

I am in strong disagreement then. I think all the other names sound like D-League team names whereas Pelicans has a real nice ring to it.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)

I love it. If it was 80 years old you wouldn't think twice. We'll be calling them the pel's or something soon and all will be forgotten.

I mean, pittsburgh penguins is a beloved mascot, could you imagine if that was chosen now? BUt it's great and simple.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Heck, I like it more than the Thunder, and if we are comparing it to other sports, how about the Blue Jays or Devil Rays? Those all seem silly too, but nobody thinks twice about them anymore.

Pelicans are awesome.

(They're just the Rays now).