2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you amnesty Boozer before the season and just let guys grow into their roles. The Heat did it the year the Bulls got Rose. Thankfully the Bulls made the right call in taking Rose over Beasley (though it's incredible to see how deep that draft really was...there were a lot of good players drafted up and down the 1st round).

As is, the only way you can even save the season is if Rose comes back and you try to at least make a run.

From the information at hand, I will have lost some respect for Rose if he doesn't come back this season. I suppose more info could come forth, but it appears that would be a solely self-serving measure at this point. I work with the person that was the trainer at Memphis when he was there, and he insists that Derrick had a reputation as a "p****" when it came to injuries. I didn't buy it...but maybe? We'll see. Could be the media overplaying a statement.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 08:11 PM)
From the information at hand, I will have lost some respect for Rose if he doesn't come back this season. I suppose more info could come forth, but it appears that would be a solely self-serving measure at this point. I work with the person that was the trainer at Memphis when he was there, and he insists that Derrick had a reputation as a "p****" when it came to injuries. I didn't buy it...but maybe? We'll see. Could be the media overplaying a statement.

I sadly agree with this.

What happened to the kid who said "Why can't I be MVP" and would play through ulcers and say he'd die on the floor?

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
sit out the season wut

KC Johnson - While always in conservative camp on DRose's return, never thought sitting out season-a maybe Rose raised to @JeffZillgitt-could happen.

It sounds like it is Drose vs. Bulls. Rose's camp wants him to sit out and a lot of rumors he will. Sorry, but that is f***ing pathetic. Rose...man up and play.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 05:45 PM)
It might. I think this is a combination of several things. 1) Derrick's camp being too cautious. 2)Reinsdorf being cautious (he did say he wanted Jordan to sit out the year he broke his leg) and 3) Rose not trusting his knee because it doesn't feel the same as it did before he got injured. No doubt in my mind, Rose is 100% physically fit to do what he needs to do, but from all inklings, he still seems unsure.

Sitting out 16+ months for an ACL surgery is unheard of though. There's a point of being overcautious and I think everyone is guilty. They have to understand, he won't be 100% healthy(physically and mentally) until he plays.

I think it is Rose's camp trying to force the Bulls hand into a trade. That or Rose's camp trying to downplay where he is so that if he does come back and struggle, they have enough PR out there explaining why (and thus ensuring fans wait another year and are patient).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
It sounds like it is Drose vs. Bulls. Rose's camp wants him to sit out and a lot of rumors he will. Sorry, but that is f***ing pathetic. Rose...man up and play.

If Rose's camp has killed his competitive fire, they officially become public enemy #1 in Chicago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
I think it is Rose's camp trying to force the Bulls hand into a trade. That or Rose's camp trying to downplay where he is so that if he does come back and struggle, they have enough PR out there explaining why (and thus ensuring fans wait another year and are patient).

This.

This is Rose's first major injury right?

Sometimes that spooks a player. AP had already been through an injury, so he didnt have as much fear, but he even talks about how you are afraid to make moves because you think you are going to get hurt.

Im not sure whats going on, I just dont want Rose to get hurt again. When I dreamed he did, I really felt bad for him, like devastatingly bad.

Posts like the last several are why I haven't followed/don't give a s*** about any reports until the update is "Rose will be in the lineup tonight." You can't make any assumptions about injuries whatsoever. Just look at Dwight Howard this year for what a guy can look like if he rushes back.

I think Rose's camp is thinking about what happened to Rose last year when he kept playing through injuries. The Bulls are getting a bad reputation recently about how they are treating injured players. Whether that is right or wrong, theyve been making guys who are hurt play a ton of minutes.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I think Rose's camp is thinking about what happened to Rose last year when he kept playing through injuries. The Bulls are getting a bad reputation recently about how they are treating injured players. Whether that is right or wrong, theyve been making guys who are hurt play a ton of minutes.

I've heard fans say this, and media pundits say this, but have any of his players ever complained about it?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
I think it is Rose's camp trying to force the Bulls hand into a trade.

Brilliant deduction, Holmes.

I've never seen such an overreaction on a quote in my life. The dude says it could be "next week" or "next year". He's just talking and being honest. Now everyone is freaking out - Rose will be back, and he's certainly not trying to force a trade or do anything other than come back at an MVP level. He doesn't want to come out and be embarrassed, even though there's going to be a learning curve getting back into action.

Jesus, people, it's just a quote. The Bulls are "against Derrick Rose" here anymore than he's against himself. They have more invested in him than any organization out there, and they want him healthy, too.

Everyone calm the f*** down. Rose isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, took an interview, and just honestly rattled off some dates while he hopes to feel "110%" ready.

I'm in the overcatious on Rose camp, I get that physically, he's probably ready to go but I just don't trust Thibs on player's minutes. That's my only complaint on Thibs, awesome coach other than that.

If Rose is not there mentally, let him work his way in until he's comfortable with his body, IMO.

Regardless, really, what are the chances anyone is going to beat LeBron in a 7 game series this year? MAYBE the Thunder, that's it.

I think this is an overreaction. I think Rose is just pushing back on the assumption that his return would be after the ASG in Feb. That was the optimistic look that seemed to become a fact especially as AP and Shumpert made their way from the injury. It's clear Rose doesn't seem himself as ready yet so he's trying to break that narrative. He'll be back this year.