2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)
Stop it. I still can't get Michael the Wizard out of my head. 10 years, 585935 cigars, and what looks to be a good 60 pounds later in today's game? No thanks.

A lot of guys have said he still plays pickup with players on the Bobcats and definitely doesn't embarrass himself. (Yes, insert joke about it being the Bobcats now).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
A lot of guys have said he still plays pickup with players on the Bobcats and definitely doesn't embarrass himself. (Yes, insert joke about it being the Bobcats now).

You mean like in the quote I posted from the article I linked to like 7 posts up? Thanks. Here it is again.

The chasm between what his mind wants and what his body can give grows every year. If Jordan watches old video of Bulls games and then hits the gym, he says he'll go "berserk" on the exercise machines. It's frightening. A while back, his brother, Larry, who works for the team, noticed a commotion on the practice court. He looked out the window of his office and saw his brother dominating one of the best players on the Bobcats in one-on-one. The next morning, Larry says with a smile, Jordan never made it into his office. He got as far as the team's training room, where he received treatment.

But no, no one wants to see Jordan playing TODAY.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
Stop it. I still can't get Michael the Wizard out of my head. 10 years, 585935 cigars, and what looks to be a good 60 pounds later in today's game? No thanks.

He's down to 248! That's only 30 overweight. Plus he'd get himself in better shape too. He just can't deal with the aches and pains. That's what killed him with Washington...getting his knee drained every other week.

Over f***ing Rip Hamilton, are you kidding me?

lol. They look ridiculous together. She can't be anymore than 25. But she is a major upgrade from sex symbol Juanita Jordan. I know MJ cheated on her about as often as I drink. But why? She was/is hideous.

Why marry something so barbaric looking when your MJ is what I meant.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
lol. They look ridiculous together. She can't be anymore than 25. But she is a major upgrade from sex symbol Juanita Jordan. I know MJ cheated on her about as often as I drink. But why? She was/is hideous.

Yvette is 34, and she is Cuban. She even looks good there and I don't think she is wearing makeup. In the article Steve posted she is wearing some makeup. Boners, boners, boners

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)

Oh man, Juanita looked like a busted prostitute.

Juanita was MJs family corporate image. She knew it, he knew it. It was an arrangement in which they both profited immensely.

"Be like Mike" wouldn't have flied without it. Just think what happened to Tiger when his skeletons came out of the closet.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
The WNBA players are the worst players on the court in the celeb game. That's embarrassing.

If you actually believe this, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 05:58 AM)
If you actually believe this, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Obviously I was kidding, but the one on the black jerseys was so terrible. She started by airballing a layup, then air balled a three, and also had the ball stolen from her by common. Hilariously terrible. They looked so horrible.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 11:54 PM)
Obviously I was kidding, but the one on the black jerseys was so terrible. She started by airballing a layup, then air balled a three, and also had the ball stolen from her by common. Hilariously terrible. They looked so horrible.

She (Tamika Catchings) is also a reigning WNBA Finals MVP, three-time gold medalist (including leading the US to an unprecedented fifth-straight gold in these past Olympics) and five-time defensive player of the year (even if she, and the rest of the Fever, hack like crazy). Try actually watching a real game instead of saying she sucks because she wasn't trying in a game that no one was trying in.

Your complaints are akin to someone saying that Ricky Rubio (or any other player, I just picked Ricky because it's an excuse to post this) is awful at defense because you watched the Rising Stars game and the defense was awful.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 11:54 PM)

They are also not playing with the same basketball they usually play with. Remember the women's game ball is smaller and weighs less.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
She (Tamika Catchings) is also a reigning WNBA Finals MVP, three-time gold medalist (including leading the US to an unprecedented fifth-straight gold in these past Olympics) and five-time defensive player of the year (even if she, and the rest of the Fever, hack like crazy). Try actually watching a real game instead of saying she sucks because she wasn't trying in a game that no one was trying in.

Your complaints are akin to someone saying that Ricky Rubio (or any other player, I just picked Ricky because it's an excuse to post this) is awful at defense because you watched the Rising Stars game and the defense was awful.

Not really. I don't see Rubio airballing layups or having the ball stolen from him by a celebrity no matter how hard he did not try.

The WNBA is f***ing terrible. No matter when or where you watch it, this is true. Let's be honest, Simeon would crush any of those teams by 20.

When was the last time you watched the WNBA? The lower tier teams (like the Chicago Sky) are admittedly pretty terrible, but if you're watching the top teams (Minnesota, Los Angeles, Phoenix [assuming they're healthy], Indiana, Connecticut), the quality is actually pretty good. Some teams (like Indiana, Seattle) tend to muck it up the same way Wisconsin does in college basketball, but if you actually like basketball and not just feats of athleticism, it's pretty good stuff. It's not the same league it was 15 years ago. Players like Maya Moore, Tamika Catchings, Diana Taurasi (when not faking "dental emergencies" to help Phoenix tank and get the #1 pick), Seimone Augustus, Candace Parker are incredibly entertaining to watch and very good at what they do.

And you're tragically wrong if you think any high school team would beat the top tiered WNBA teams. All W teams play against D2/D3-type talent on a daily basis in practice, and routinely mop the floor with them.

Edited by Felix

If you actually watch the games instead of just say "lol women's basketball", you'd understand that Tamika is actually a pretty good player and one of the best all-around players in women's basketball (even though she hacks a bunch and doesn't get called for it because refs in the W blow).