2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (BlackJack @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell

Hinrich is a game time decision because of problems with his elbow.

wtf is up with his elbow. officially out.

The Bulls guard on Monday detailed the right elbow infection that caused him to miss the last seven games.

"I punctured my bursa sac,'' Hinrich said. "It was an impossible stitch. The feedback that everybody was giving our trainers and from the docs was that there was a good chance it was going to get infected. And it finally did.

"It got to the point where it was going to get pretty bad, and I started feeling sick. I was really hurting and had to go get it taken care of.''

Hinrich underwent an operation during which the bursa sac was removed, cleaned and sewed back up. Before the procedure, he couldn't bend his arm because of the swelling.

Hinrich said doctors told him the elbow would not become re-infected. He spent two-plus days in the hospital absorbing a constant flow of antibiotics.

"I just want to get it taken care of,'' he said.

Hinrich doesn't expect his minutes to be restricted when he returns to the lineup Tuesday night in New Orleans.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From KC Johnson:

Hinrich said the scar split open on his right elbow and he has little range of motion. Concern infection could return.

D-Rose met with Pax and Gar for 5 minutes and emerged with "no comment" about bro's comments. Statement coming.

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose released the following statement earlier this evening:

“I have always felt that the Bulls organization’s goals have been the same as mine and that is to bring another championship to this city.”

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
I would not amnesty Boozer. You don't get enough room under the cap to do anything big. You amnesty Boozer as Deng's contract expires after next season.

If they stay under the tax next year, it makes it easier on them to go over the tax in 2014-2015.

And IIRC, that's when they may be needing the MLE to sign Mirotic as well as extending or trading Butler.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
Yup, it's a waste too. Milwaukee didn't need any more combo guards.

My guess they'll probably try to re-sign Redick instead of Ellis in the off-season actually.

Redick's a better outside shooter, and probably a better fit next to Jennings, and he'll probably be cheaper also. Bucks still have to re-sign Larry Sanders down the road also.

Bit annoyed that we didn't get a 1st round pick, but they've become pretty valuable with the new CBA / Tax Implications to say the least.

Looks like Orlando is definitely trying to follow the OKC model. Get 2 top 5 picks in a row, and then try to sign a max FA in the 2014 off-season.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
wtf is up with his elbow. officially out.

The Bulls guard on Monday detailed the right elbow infection that caused him to miss the last seven games.

"I punctured my bursa sac,'' Hinrich said. "It was an impossible stitch. The feedback that everybody was giving our trainers and from the docs was that there was a good chance it was going to get infected. And it finally did.

"It got to the point where it was going to get pretty bad, and I started feeling sick. I was really hurting and had to go get it taken care of.''

Hinrich underwent an operation during which the bursa sac was removed, cleaned and sewed back up. Before the procedure, he couldn't bend his arm because of the swelling.

Hinrich said doctors told him the elbow would not become re-infected. He spent two-plus days in the hospital absorbing a constant flow of antibiotics.

"I just want to get it taken care of,'' he said.

Hinrich doesn't expect his minutes to be restricted when he returns to the lineup Tuesday night in New Orleans.

Those are extremely painful injuries. It can really restrict your range of motion. I've seen the swell up as big as a baseball hanging off your elbow. His isn't that bad but I can see where it would restrict him from bending his elbow to the point that he cannot play.

Officially had my 3rd D-Rose returns dream last night. Oddly enough, it was in the final minutes of the already-over Heat game. They put Rose out there in garbage time, which annoyed me, and then he threw down a dunk and came up hobbling.

I have way too much invested in this kid - think of how the Bulls/ADIDAS feel!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
Officially had my 3rd D-Rose returns dream last night. Oddly enough, it was in the final minutes of the already-over Heat game. They put Rose out there in garbage time, which annoyed me, and then he threw down a dunk and came up hobbling.

I have way too much invested in this kid - think of how the Bulls/ADIDAS feel!!

I dream about cookies and sex and riding on dinosaurs.

Steve dreams about Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 08:41 AM)
I dream about cookies and sex and riding on dinosaurs.

Steve dreams about Derrick Rose.

I don't have to dream about sex or cookies. I get those whenever I want. I can't get Derrick Rose returning whenever I want!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
I don't have to dream about sex or cookies. I get those whenever I want. I can't get Derrick Rose returning whenever I want!

I notice you didnt mention the riding on dinosaurs part

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)

That was cookies AND sex AND riding on dinosaurs. Bet you don't get all 3 at once.

Posted this on RealGM

I feel like one route the Bulls can take would be this;

Trade the Bobcats Pick + Assets from Trading Deng for the Bobcats pick this year. You'll be able to get McLemore, Shabazz, or Oladipo.

Then, use this years Bulls pick and draft a SF to backup Butler. Then use the 2nd Rounder on a backup big (Oriakhi? Young?)

PG: Rose - Teague

SG: McLemore/Shabazz/Oladipo - Hinrich

SF: Butler - Saric/Nash

PF: Boozer - Gibson

C : Noah - Young/Oriakhi

Amnesty Boozer after the year, then roll with this.

SG: McLemore/Shabazz/Oladipo - Hinrich/2014 Draft Pick

PF: Mirotic/Taj

It's banking a lot on luck and young players panning out, but it's one route to consider. It'll be in the heart of Rose's prime, so McLemore/Shabazz/Oladipo and Mirotic basically have to play like back-to-back Rookie of the Years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 24, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
Posted this on RealGM

I feel like one route the Bulls can take would be this;

Trade the Bobcats Pick + Assets from Trading Deng for the Bobcats pick this year. You'll be able to get McLemore, Shabazz, or Oladipo.

Then, use this years Bulls pick and draft a SF to backup Butler. Then use the 2nd Rounder on a backup big (Oriakhi? Young?)

SG: McLemore/Shabazz/Oladipo - Hinrich

PF: Boozer - Gibson

Amnesty Boozer after the year, then roll with this.

SG: McLemore/Shabazz/Oladipo - Hinrich/2014 Draft Pick

PF: Mirotic/Taj

It's banking a lot on luck and young players panning out, but it's one route to consider. It'll be in the heart of Rose's prime, so McLemore/Shabazz/Oladipo and Mirotic basically have to play like back-to-back Rookie of the Years.

Who is Deng being traded to? His salary is huge so you need to get back another big salary player and I don't see that in your roster.

EDIT: I see say you trade the Deng assets, but there will be salary unaccounted for.

Edited by maggsmaggs