2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 24, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
Who is Deng being traded to? His salary is huge so you need to get back another big salary player and I don't see that in your roster.

EDIT: I see say you trade the Deng assets, but there will be salary unaccounted for.

Well, Deng is an expiring next year, which is attractive. Hornets, Mavs, and Wizards could all be interested in Deng. Ben Gordon could honestly be the returning piece to the Bulls if there was something like a Deng-Eric Gordon (with a 2014 first from Bulls + something from Charlotte)-BG7 swap.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I actually think much of the recent slide can be attributed to the loss of Hinrich. I love me some Nate Robinson, but there is a serious limit to how much that dude can play. He has to be employed selectively and without Kirk, he is applied indiscriminately and there is no hope that he can play an entire game and not f*** everything up. Kirk is a very flawed player, but he brings a steady hand to the offense and helps us at least rely on our most talented players to win and play a relatively smart game like the one we gameplan for. Nate can score some points and has won some games for us with his offense, but he just can't consistently get an offense to run and causes us to play a 4 man defense sans the occasional fast break blocked shot.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 07:54 AM)
Also, I actually think much of the recent slide can be attributed to the loss of Hinrich. I love me some Nate Robinson, but there is a serious limit to how much that dude can play. He has to be employed selectively and without Kirk, he is applied indiscriminately and there is no hope that he can play an entire game and not f*** everything up. Kirk is a very flawed player, but he brings a steady hand to the offense and helps us at least rely on our most talented players to win and play a relatively smart game like the one we gameplan for. Nate can score some points and has won some games for us with his offense, but he just can't consistently get an offense to run and causes us to play a 4 man defense sans the occasional fast break blocked shot.

I agree. Hinrich has always been a frustrating guy to watch, but for some reason, the team plays better when he is playing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 07:56 AM)
I agree. Hinrich has always been a frustrating guy to watch, but for some reason, the team plays better when he is playing.

Kirk gets more of the team involved because he doesn't look for his shot. Nate is the opposite. Nate is really a bench player, sparkplug type of guy. Hinrich doesn't work well in that role.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 09:07 AM)
Part of Kirks flaws is his inability to stay healthy. The Bulls counted on him to stay healthy when they should have known better.

If Kirk had been able to stay healthy the last couple years, he probably wouldn't have been available for the taxed-MLE the Bulls were offering.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
If Kirk had been able to stay healthy the last couple years, he probably wouldn't have been available for the taxed-MLE the Bulls were offering.

Is that supposed to make me feel better? I am supposed to take comfort in the fact that the Bulls (over)paid a consistently injured player and think they got him on the cheap because he couldnt stay healthy the last couple years?

ooooooooyaaaaaaaaaay

The Bulls are the 6th seed with Derrick Rose missing the entire season. They've had hot streaks, now they're on a cold streak. Kirk Hinrich blows and the team was fine for stretches earlier in the year with him down because Noah was beasting and people were hitting big shots. Thibs ran his All-Stars into the ground and now we're at this place because they are playing injured / at 80%.

Hinrich does just as much harm on the court as he does good by putting his teammates in bad position with no time left on the shot clock. The Bulls got to their target (past the ASB) in 5th place in the Eastern Conference, and expected the cavalry to be comin' di-rectly. It didn't.

They got blown out by a fantastic team in the Thunder, and I'm not surprised. We'll see what happens when #1 gets back in the lineup - but everyone stop acting like Kirk is the reason they are losing.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
The Bulls are the 6th seed with Derrick Rose missing the entire season. They've had hot streaks, now they're on a cold streak. Kirk Hinrich blows and the team was fine for stretches earlier in the year with him down because Noah was beasting and people were hitting big shots. Thibs ran his All-Stars into the ground and now we're at this place because they are playing injured / at 80%.

Hinrich does just as much harm on the court as he does good by putting his teammates in bad position with no time left on the shot clock. The Bulls got to their target (past the ASB) in 5th place in the Eastern Conference, and expected the cavalry to be comin' di-rectly. It didn't.

They got blown out by a fantastic team in the Thunder, and I'm not surprised. We'll see what happens when #1 gets back in the lineup - but everyone stop acting like Kirk is the reason they are losing.

You can't deny the W-L record is far superior with Hinrich in the line up. We all know he's a crappy player at this point, I even got sick of watching him when he was considered decent, but there always are guys who seem like crappy players, whose team plays better when they are in the line up. Hinrich wasn't going to make the difference last night, I think everyone understands that. LeBron playing with the Bulls last night would have only made it a little closer game and far more enjoyable to watch, but as much as I don't like watching him play, Hinrich does add value for some reason.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
You can't deny the W-L record is far superior with Hinrich in the line up. We all know he's a crappy player at this point, I even got sick of watching him when he was considered decent, but there always are guys who seem like crappy players, whose team plays better when they are in the line up. Hinrich wasn't going to make the difference last night, I think everyone understands that. LeBron playing with the Bulls last night would have only made it a little closer game and far more enjoyable to watch, but as much as I don't like watching him play, Hinrich does add value for some reason.

You can't deny the W-L record is far superior with Noah having two legs. I think we're seeing strictly a coincidence tied into the fact that the Bulls just lack someone who plays like a PG (which Kirk barely does). If they had some turd like Beno Udrih or Luke Ridnour they'd look really, really good. It's basic basketball.

But f*** Kirk and any conversation that acts like having that oft-injured 10 PER player makes the Bulls better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
You can't deny the W-L record is far superior with Noah having two legs. I think we're seeing strictly a coincidence tied into the fact that the Bulls just lack someone who plays like a PG (which Kirk barely does). If they had some turd like Beno Udrih or Luke Ridnour they'd look really, really good. It's basic basketball.

But f*** Kirk and any conversation that acts like having that oft-injured 10 PER player makes the Bulls better.

Yeah yeah, well, the bulls aren't scoring even without his bad offense, but at least he has played superior d compared to nate.

This is a bad stretch.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 05:56 AM)

Its cause he gets the offense more in sync early. Nate has his moments but the ball movement stops with him in there. Kurt is also a significant upgrade on the defensive side of the court vs. Nate.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
Its cause he gets the offense more in sync early. Nate has his moments but the ball movement stops with him in there. Kurt is also a significant upgrade on the defensive side of the court vs. Nate.

Tell me more about this Kurt Hinrich character.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)

We are truly at the point where there's no reason for him not to be playing for the team paying him on a $95 million contract. In fact, I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't play tomorrow night.

I can't see it. For whatever reason, Rose is uncomfortable with the expectations for this year, which is scary.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by the results since the All-Star break. They crushed the Bobcats, beat the Hornets and got crushed by the Heat and Thunder. What exactly do you expect them to do without Rose? If anything the early run made less sense because they'd beat teams like the Heat and Knicks and then lose to s***-shows like the Bobcats and Suns.

Without Rose, they're exactly what everyone thought they were: a team that wins with defense and effort and gets by on offense. They're always going to have little margin for error against legitimately good teams until #1 gets back. Luckily for the Bulls, two thirds of the NBA is varying degrees of mediocre so they're still over .500.