2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)
I was expecting February. By March, he's behind the pace of most Major League athletes who have the same surgery.

Physically you can go back to playing around 9 months sometimes as late as 11. However, athletes will tell you that while they can play the knee doesn't feel "normal" until around 18 months post-op. If he is truly waiting until it feels "normal" as opposed to playing when he is physically cleared, it could be next year.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 08:31 AM)
Physically you can go back to playing around 9 months sometimes as late as 11. However, athletes will tell you that while they can play the knee doesn't feel "normal" until around 18 months post-op. If he is truly waiting until it feels "normal" as opposed to playing when he is physically cleared, it could be next year.

Yeah, that's the f*** of it, if he really wants to wait until he feels normal, it's next year. If he really wants to wait until the impossible 110%, it's never!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
Yeah, that's the f*** of it, if he really wants to wait until he feels normal, it's next year. If he really wants to wait until the impossible 110%, it's never!

"Even though I'm only 24, I have to retire from the game of basketball because I will never be 110% again."

I'm gonna stand with Rose. It's clear he is working his ass off. He's not Lamar Odom'ing this recovery. I will respect the fact that it can be scary when your body isn't working normally when you are used to nothing holding you back, physically. It might be a different public response than we normally get from athletes, but so what. So long as he is working hard, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
I'm gonna stand with Rose. It's clear he is working his ass off. He's not Lamar Odom'ing this recovery. I will respect the fact that it can be scary when your body isn't working normally when you are used to nothing holding you back, physically. It might be a different public response than we normally get from athletes, but so what. So long as he is working hard, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The 1 thing he does need to do is tell his "people" to shut the f*** up talking to the media

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm guessing Rose is the one telling his "people" to talk to the media, so he doesn't look bad.

maybe. Or maybe with Rose staying silent, it's those peripheral people being hounded for quotes since they can't get his opinions. People love to feel special.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
Anyone listen to Waddle and Silvy?

My friend is telling me Greg Anthony believes, 'after talking to some people' that Rose will be back Thursday vs. Philly.

Can anyone confirm?

Greg Anthony wants you to watch him on TNT

Former Chicago Bulls guard and current television analyst Greg Anthony said Monday that he believes Derrick Rose will return to the court soon, and that the Bulls are very optimistic about Rose's return.

Anthony will be part of TNT's coverage Thursday night when the Bulls host the Philadelphia 76ers.

"I'm not saying he's going to play Thursday, but I sure as heck hope he does," Anthony said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I will say this, I firmly believe Derrick Rose will be back on the court sooner rather than later.

"I do know and having talked to some people internally there they're very optimistic about his return. They're not in any hurry, per se, but I do think you're going to see him very soon. And I think you're going to see him play at an extremely high level once he works the rust out, having been out this long."

Rose continues to rehab from May 12 ACL surgery. The Bulls are hoping he'll return this season, but recent indications from Rose and his camp are that he may miss the rest of the season.

"I think it may have been topsy turvy and a roller coaster ride for those outside, but I think within that organization and within Team Rose they're right on schedule," Anthony said. "In fact, I would go even further and say they're ahead of schedule in terms of where he is."

Anthony said he doesn't assume Rose will play Thursday, but he's excited for when he does return.

"I'm excited for the process of him coming back and what that can mean for the Bulls and what it means in the postseason for the Eastern Conference, which other than Miami is anybody's guess who's going to that conference finals."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
I'm guessing Rose is the one telling his "people" to talk to the media, so he doesn't look bad.

Then in that case he needs to STFU. He's the one who refuses to recruit, so he's the one who gets stuck with people like Boozer when we might have had a slightly better shot at Bosh/Wade/LBJ. He has 0 right to complain about things like that.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 05:35 PM)
Then in that case he needs to STFU. He's the one who refuses to recruit, so he's the one who gets stuck with people like Boozer when we might have had a slightly better shot at Bosh/Wade/LBJ. He has 0 right to complain about things like that.

Serious Q; do you really think "Rose Recruiting" was going to be enough to overwhelm the bargain with the devil those 3 struck at the olympics before DR1 was even drafted?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
Serious Q; do you really think "Rose Recruiting" was going to be enough to overwhelm the bargain with the devil those 3 struck at the olympics before DR1 was even drafted?

Could it have hurt? The Bulls have a hard enough time getting any good FA signing, you don't need the star player already here telling the media that "he don't need no help".

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
Could it have hurt? The Bulls have a hard enough time getting any good FA signing, you don't need the star player already here telling the media that "he don't need no help".

I don't know that it would have hurt, I just don't think blaming him for how that went down is the right path. If it was set up in 2008, and I think it was...then there's nothing that could have been done by him or anyone to change things. Maybe blaming him for not trying to recruit one of the injured big men (Howard Love) might make more sense.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)

It was all about playful pats on the butts for the biggest egos in the league.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
I don't know that it would have hurt, I just don't think blaming him for how that went down is the right path. If it was set up in 2008, and I think it was...then there's nothing that could have been done by him or anyone to change things. Maybe blaming him for not trying to recruit one of the injured big men (Howard Love) might make more sense.

Has there ever been a real opportunity to sign Love though? One of Rose, Love, or Russel Westbrook has said that the 3 of them would like to play together so I don't think much "recruiting" would need to be done.

Love has a "curious opt out clause" that could allow him to be a free agent right when Boozer comes off the books so maybe there is something in the makings for 2015. (I know we've been there before with this discussion)

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)

Seriously, do you know how recruiting works? In order to recruit the player to your team, you have to have a good team, you would want to play with the player being recruited, and most important of all, you have to have a relationship with the player. NBA players aren't stupid, the Bulls were a great team with good potential on paper, Lebron knows that, Rose didn't have to sell the team to Lebron or Bosh, and he never said he didn't want to play with those players. The only reason Lebron went to Miami is his relationship with D Wade. If Lebron wasn't drafted in the same year as Wade and they weren't buddies off the court, there is no way he would have picked Miami over Chicago, all things remain equal. Not to mention like Balta said, they publicly admitted the decision to play together was toyed around during the 2008 Olympics. Rose didn't have a relationship with Lebron, and it's not in his nature to go out and make friends easily, you can't blame him for not doing so either.

If his buddies Kevin Love and Tyreke Evans hits the free agent market, and if the FO wants those players, I wouldn't be surprised if Rose calls them up and ask them to come play in Chicago.