2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
TBH, I'm not sure I would like it changed. I very rarely see that play, and I'm fine with that.

I agree. But it should result in a phone call from the Commissioners office reminding the officials that spectacular plays trump technical rules if it's a close call.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2770461:date=Mar 19, 2013 -> 12:42 AM:name=Jordan4life)-->
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 12:42 AM)
<!--quotec-->The LeBron dunk over Jason Terry last night was just dirty. 6 weeks ago Durant was my MVP. f*** that. 23 game winning streak and his overall brilliance, LeBron's 4th MVP in 5 years is all but assured.

whoa just saw it

Nice dunk but people are overreacting on this dunk and D Jordan's dunk on Knight. I don't find a dunk on a way smaller player all that impressive. I like dunks when they are on equal sized or larger opponents but that's just me. Kobe on Dwight Howard for example, that's a dunk.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Im not sure if the nba has indisputable, but what I hate about the NFL is that if people can legitimately argue about a call, its clearly not indisputable.

Indisputable means that no reasonable person will have a different opinion.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
Nice dunk but people are overreacting on this dunk and D Jordan's dunk on Knight. I don't find a dunk on a way smaller player all that impressive. I like dunks when they are on equal sized or larger opponents but that's just me. Kobe on Dwight Howard for example, that's a dunk.

+1. When did dunking on small guys get to be so awesome? Maybe if you were doing that to Patrick Ewing or Mutumbo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
+1. When did dunking on small guys get to be so awesome? Maybe if you were doing that to Patrick Ewing or Mutumbo.

Dunking on tiny dudes = comedy. As a dude who got dunked on by some monsters in an Aurora summer league last year, I'm allowed to say it.

lebron-james-dunks-on-jason-terry-960x50

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)

It's not that they dunked on small guys, it's the fact they both caught the ball so far away from the hoop, flew into a body and were still able to finish. They were both amazing dunks.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
It's not that they dunked on small guys, it's the fact they both caught the ball so far away from the hoop, flew into a body and were still able to finish. They were both amazing dunks.

I love it when you analyze.

I think dunking over someone is awesome no matter what.

I mean, come on, you cant tell me you didn't watch it a couple different times. Just like you watched Kobe go over Dwight a few times. Watching sick dunks is sweet, no matter what is going on.

Edited by witesoxfan

Cleveland let Miami take over the tempo. Cavs took some bad shots that ignited that huge run. Should of kept it slowed down.

I still don't get how Lebron hits so many 3's sometimes. His shot looks awful sometimes.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 10:29 AM)
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013...a-illinois-star

Apparently Kendall Gill and Tim Doyle got in a fist fight over the Noah basket interference call. Gill suspended.

We were talking about it a bit in the Chicago Sports Media thread. Extremely stupid of Gill

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
I hope they break it. I really do. Just like I hope to see someone score 100 points in a game some day.

I've scored 104 and 98 with my guy in NBA 2k12. The key is - you have to take every single f***ing shot. And you have to get rid of it quickly too.

I don't see any way it'll ever happen unless some dude takes like 30 foul shots in a game and makes almost all of them. Kobe is going to get as close as anybody will ever get.