2012-2013 NBA thread

DRose apparently wasn't required to take any English classes at Memphis:

"I really don't know right now," Rose said. "I don't want to place no percentage on it, but I just know that I'm close and I'm taking every day serious and just becoming a professional."

Not quite up to the best quote of all time when Rickey Henderson was asked about playing with injuries, he responded and like the deal with Paulie, I will never forget:

"When I'm injury, I'm totally concentrated of my mind."

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
DRose apparently wasn't required to take any English classes at Memphis:

"I really don't know right now," Rose said. "I don't want to place no percentage on it, but I just know that I'm close and I'm taking every day serious and just becoming a professional."

Not quite up to the best quote of all time when Rickey Henderson was asked about playing with injuries, he responded and like the deal with Paulie, I will never forget:

"When I'm injury, I'm totally concentrated of my mind."

I googled that quote because I wanted to hear him say it, and all I could find was a post from you in 2010 and a post from you in 2005. Impressive memory, lulz

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 23, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
It sure seems like that's becoming the likely result.

I also mean that he needs to come out and say it.

f*** Reggie Rose and Derrick is an idiot for doing the all #TheReturn s***

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 23, 2013 -> 05:36 PM)
Giordano's FB Page

Change of pace tonight. Order in a @DRose special with sausage and red peppers for the Bulls vs. Pacers game!

He's not playing, it's in the game notes.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 23, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
Rose just needs to shut down for the f***ing season if he's not back tonight.

Noah is out again with foot problems. Expected to miss tomorrows game too. If Derrick Rose doesn't play tomorrow against Minnesota should just shut him down. Though I guess you could go as late as the end of the month.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

It's obvious the bulls are tanking to get the 8 seed and Rose is waiting till the playoffs to come back to shock the Heat right out of the playoffs. They won't know how to game plan for the new and improved DRose.

*Green for my protection*

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
Rose should retire so we can use his salary on a guy who has balls. :angry:

That thought process that he isn't coming back because they can't beat the Heat...if that's true...he should retire.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
I will say one thing, it makes my wish that we had melted this team down even greater.

No s***. Had I known Rose would have pulled this I would have advocated amnestying Boozer this year and would have traded Deng.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
That thought process that he isn't coming back because they can't beat the Heat...if that's true...he should retire.

No s***. Had I known Rose would have pulled this I would have advocated amnestying Boozer this year and would have traded Deng.

No joke. Now we get another midling draft pick and a first round playoff asskicking. Joy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)

This implies knowledge that trading Deng was doable -- we very well may not have gotten any offers for him, at least ones worth doing. It seems that GarPax were at least considering this idea.

At this point, it seems logical to just stick with this squad as-is until Deng's contract runs out, at which point you'll have Rose-Noah-Taj-Butler-Teague left and a fair amount of salary space. Amnestying Boozer before next season, for instance, doesn't even get you under the salary cap.