2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
This implies knowledge that trading Deng was doable -- we very well may not have gotten any offers for him, at least ones worth doing. It seems that GarPax were at least considering this idea.

At this point, it seems logical to just stick with this squad as-is until Deng's contract runs out, at which point you'll have Rose-Noah-Taj-Butler-Teague left and a fair amount of salary space. Amnestying Boozer before next season, for instance, doesn't even get you under the salary cap.

Richardson and the 7th were on the table.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
This implies knowledge that trading Deng was doable -- we very well may not have gotten any offers for him, at least ones worth doing. It seems that GarPax were at least considering this idea.

At this point, it seems logical to just stick with this squad as-is until Deng's contract runs out, at which point you'll have Rose-Noah-Taj-Butler-Teague left and a fair amount of salary space. Amnestying Boozer before next season, for instance, doesn't even get you under the salary cap.

"Offers worth doing" is a totally different set of offers if Rose is gone the whole year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)

Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay were traded this year. Anything is possible.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
Did Rose go to Dr Andrews?

Just asking because everyone who goes to see that guy mysteriously becomes a super human and heals so quick....

No, but he did do some rehab at his clinic and has generally used that clinic to consult on his rehab regimen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
"Offers worth doing" is a totally different set of offers if Rose is gone the whole year.

Seriously.

Richardson and the 7th looks stupid if Rose comes back.

But then, you also don't need to sign Nate. You can also sign OJ Mayo with Deng and Booz (amnesty) off the books.

PG: Hinrich/Teague

SG: Mayo/Bellinelli

SF: Butler

PF: Taj

C : Noah

With the 7th you can take any of Lamb, Ross, Barnes, or Drummond.

Teague develops.

You're bad enough this year that you can get a high pick.

If Rose doesn't play this year, it will set them farther back than his injury did.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 07:08 PM)
26 in a row for the Heat. This is getting REALLY interesting. The only game between now and April 9th that they won't be at least favored to win is the showdown against the Spurs next Sunday.

Bulls got it on Wednesday. /semi-serious

It maybe my lack of NBA viewing/interest this year, but I just don't care about Miami's streak. It's incredible but I'm just impervious to it. I would be more surprised if they don't break the record.

They are easily the best in the East but with other teams having guys miss games and such, things are just falling into place for it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 05:34 AM)
It maybe my lack of NBA viewing/interest this year, but I just don't care about Miami's streak. It's incredible but I'm just impervious to it. I would be more surprised if they don't break the record.

They are easily the best in the East but with other teams having guys miss games and such, things are just falling into place for it.

I'm with you. The Heat at the least interesting team in sports for me right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
I'm with you. The Heat at the least interesting team in sports for me right now.

Amazing! A super team bends the rules to screw over the rest of the league, and they wind up being better than the rest of the league! Whoda ever thunk!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 08:00 AM)
Amazing! A super team bends the rules to screw over the rest of the league, and they wind up being better than the rest of the league! Whoda ever thunk!

You know what would make them really interesting... Coverage on ESPN. Who knew this streak was happening?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 08:00 AM)

How'd they bend the rules?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
How'd they bend the rules?

I think colluding for years for a pre-plan, meeting with the GM who pulls things off months before the deals actually go down, letting half a dozen teams try to clear cap space for 3 players they never had a chance to sign, having fake meetings with them for a week so that the market itself got screwed up, and then leaving them desperately throwing money at wahtever crappy free agents were still remaining...at the very least is bending the rules to me.

Every other team involved in this mess got screwed over because they didn't know about the secret deal beforehand. A dozen teams tried to clear cap space for guys they never had a shot at, and then their cap situations were screwed by signing Johnsons and Boozers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
I think colluding for years for a pre-plan, meeting with the GM who pulls things off months before the deals actually go down, letting half a dozen teams try to clear cap space for 3 players they never had a chance to sign, having fake meetings with them for a week so that the market itself got screwed up, and then leaving them desperately throwing money at wahtever crappy free agents were still remaining...at the very least is bending the rules to me.

Every other team involved in this mess got screwed over because they didn't know about the secret deal beforehand. A dozen teams tried to clear cap space for guys they never had a shot at, and then their cap situations were screwed by signing Johnsons and Boozers.

You can't call players hanging out at the Olympics and becoming friends "colluding". You can't blame said players for listening to all of their options before deciding to play together in Miami. You can't blame said players for teams being so willing to tear their franchises down for a chance at the King.

The "secret deal" was openly discussed as a rumor before any of the players hit the open market. Teams that tore down knew there was only so much talent available that offseason and took a calculated risk to land the King and his disciples. It just didn't work out, and to the victor goes the alley-oop-filled spoils.

I'm completely over hating on the Heat and LeBron. This streak is incredible, and it'd be happening regardless of who LBJ's supporting cast is right now. He's that f***ing unstoppable.

Y'all are just haters that can't get over the Decision. To see once thought to be untouchable records, whether it be individual or team, challenged or broken is one of the amazing things about sports. If Derek Jeter had a 48 game hitting steak going, I'm rooting like hell for him to get to 57 and break the record. I don't care that I don't like Derek Jeter. A streak like that would be just too amazing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
Y'all are just haters that can't get over the Decision. To see once thought to be untouchable records, whether it be individual or team, challenged or broken is one of the amazing things about sports. If Derek Jeter had a 48 game hitting steak going, I'm rooting like hell for him to get to 57 and break the record. I don't care that I don't like Derek Jeter. A streak like that would be just too amazing.

And if the Yankees had a 22 game winning streak going in one of the years after they spent $500 million on free agents, I'd be rooting against them and the system that let them do that too.

And if it came out that Jeter was using Deer Antler Spray or whatever new substance the MLB hadn't figured out how to test for yet and hadn't yet banned, I'd be calling him that substances name from that time forward. Being ahead of the rules in a system isn't an honorable way to win.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
And if the Yankees had a 22 game winning streak going in one of the years after they spent $500 million on free agents, I'd be rooting against them and the system that let them do that too.

And if it came out that Jeter was using Deer Antler Spray or whatever new substance the MLB hadn't figured out how to test for yet and hadn't yet banned, I'd be calling him that substances name from that time forward. Being ahead of the rules in a system isn't an honorable way to win.

Um, yeah. Sure. Whatever makes you feel better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)

I see no need to front run guys who can't handle it on their own.