2012-2013 NBA thread

If the Bulls made a secret deal, I would have thought it was genius. The Heat did it and it ticked me off, but this streak is incredible. The level LeBron is playing is one, if you like basketball, not to be missed. Unless he gets hurt, for the rest of the NBA, this season, for all intents and purposes, is ova.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I haven't gotten into the NBA this year. Every story line I was interested in has busted. Lakers are not even entertaining, timberwolves got injure-killed, Philly, man I just can't believe how bad they are. Just not that fun a year to have your best player down with an ACL.

I like watching the Nuggets though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:15 AM)
Apparently Jordan didn't have Pippen and Rodman.

Also, Wade was arguably a top 5 player and Bosh a top 10 player in the league when they all decided to team up. Rodman came in and wasn't anywhere near that. He was a fantastic role player, but was well past his prime at that point.

Wade and Bosh are great, but I still think Lebron would have won a championship last year if he stayed in cleveland. Andy has turned into a damn good player, and who knows who may have found their way there as well.

Lebron is just the king of the league right now. He made his choice, his team is great, they are going to win for a long time. There's always a super team in the nba, this is their time.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
Also, Wade was arguably a top 5 player and Bosh a top 10 player in the league when they all decided to team up. Rodman came in and wasn't anywhere near that. He was a fantastic role player, but was well past his prime at that point.

Dennis Rodman was old, but likely hopped up on steroids. The man averaged over 15 boards per game in his three years in Chicago. Pippen was easily as valuable in his day as Wade is now. Regardless of what Bosh was when he had massive usage in Toronto, he's nothing close to a top 10 player now and hasn't been since he started playing in Miami.

I don't think the Heat would be less dominant if you substituted a 1996-1998 Pippen and Rodman for the current Wade/Bosh. In fact, those guys might have even fit better with LeBron.

I still think Jordan is the king, but every year LeBron wins, he gets a little closer.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
I don't think the Heat would be less dominant if you substituted a 1996-1998 Pippen and Rodman for the current Wade/Bosh. In fact, those guys might have even fit better with LeBron.

I still think Jordan is the king, but every year LeBron wins, he gets a little closer.

I think you're way, way off on that one. Pippen played similar in that he played point forward, so his skills would be somewhat redundant. He also wasn't the same slasher at that point in his career. Bosh really helps space the floor with his shooting. Rodman would obviously really hurt the spacing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
Wade and Bosh are great, but I still think Lebron would have won a championship last year if he stayed in cleveland. Andy has turned into a damn good player, and who knows who may have found their way there as well.

Lebron is just the king of the league right now. He made his choice, his team is great, they are going to win for a long time. There's always a super team in the nba, this is their time.

Eh, Lebron barely got past the Celtics last year and that was with Wade by his side. His lack of overall playoff success is kind of being downplayed because of last year and the current streak.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)

Meh. Varejao is made of glass and the rest of that team was horrid. They'd lose virtually every game when he wasn't superhuman, and I don't mean the 25-9-7 type games he does on a nightly basis in Miami. You have to remember that they lost a playoff series in 6 where he averaged 38-8-8 on 49% shooting, and that would have been a 5 game loss if he hadn't hit a miraculous buzzer-beater in game 2. Miami would also be a pretty huge threat depending on how they built their roster around Wade and Bosh.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)

Mike knows it too. His lame reasoning for choosing Kobe over LeBron ("5 beats 1") was so amatuer. A 10-year old could come up with that. It's way more complex. Imagine LeBron with early 2000's Shaq? lol. 80-2 every year.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
Eh, Lebron barely got past the Celtics last year and that was with Wade by his side. His lack of overall playoff success is kind of being downplayed because of last year and the current streak.

He won the title last year. If he wins it again, this "overall playoff success" BS is just that. The roster he played with in Cleveland wasn't as good as the roster MJ played with when he couldn't beat Detroit. Of course the first 5 or 6 years of MJ's career, the critics were saying he would never win.

LeBron dominated in the finals and is dominating this year. MJ starting winning championships at about the same age LeBron is now.

Haters are gonna hate, but LeBron is the best in the game, and one of the best of all-time.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
He won the title last year. If he wins it again, this "overall playoff success" BS is just that. The roster he played with in Cleveland wasn't as good as the roster MJ played with when he couldn't beat Detroit.

LeBron dominated in the finals and is dominating this year. MJ starting winning championships at about the same age LeBron is now.

Haters are gonna hate, but LeBron is the best in the game, and one of the best of all-time.

Detroit was also a hell of a lot better than teams like Dallas and Orlando.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
Mike knows it too. His lame reasoning for choosing Kobe over LeBron ("5 beats 1") was so amatuer. A 10-year old could come up with that. It's way more complex. Imagine LeBron with early 2000's Shaq? lol. 80-2 every year.

Naw, Shaq didn't care about regular season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
He won the title last year. If he wins it again, this "overall playoff success" BS is just that. The roster he played with in Cleveland wasn't as good as the roster MJ played with when he couldn't beat Detroit. Of course the first 5 or 6 years of MJ's career, the critics were saying he would never win.

BS? He laid eggs in important games against Orlando and Boston. How about the Mavs series? Is that BS too? Yes, he's the best in the game. Yes, he's one of the best ever. You just can't compare what Jordan did in the playoffs to what Lebron has done. Jordan never lost with home court advantage. If his team was better, he just wasn't losing.

And like Zoom said, the teams that Jordan had to play against early in his career were better than the teams Lebron had to face. I'm not hating. The guy is ridiculously good and the best in the NBA, but to say that he would have won a championship with Cleveland when he barely got out of the ECF last year playing alongside Wade seems far-fetched. Possible? Yes. Likely? I doubt it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
People want it both ways. They criticize players who use their no trade clauses and don't move from contenders to playoff teams, saying they don't want to win, yet they criticize LeBron for moving (and taking less money) to a stacked team.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't blame him at all for leaving Cleveland with the clusterf*** of a roster that they had. Joining two other studs in Miami was slightly annoying, but at least he didn't end up in LA like every other superstar.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
Naw, Shaq didn't care about regular season.

Still wouldn't matter. Point is we've seen the best of kobe. There's no higher for him to go. He's no threat (never really was) to Michael. Michael knows this. But Lebron is most definitely a threat. 4 MVPs before age 29? That's too sick. Like dick said, if the heat win this year (they will), it's officially on.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't blame him at all for leaving Cleveland with the clusterf*** of a roster that they had. Joining two other studs in Miami was slightly annoying, but at least he didn't end up in LA like every other superstar.

I don't think most people have a problem with Lebron leaving Cleveland, it's the way that he did it that made him a douche nozzle.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)
Still wouldn't matter. Point is we've seen the best of kobe. There's no higher for him to go. He's no threat (never really was) to Michael. Michael knows this. But Lebron is most definitely a threat. 4 MVPs before age 29? That's too sick. Like dick said, if the heat win this year (they will), it's officially on.

What about when Rose comes back!?

suicide.gif

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)

I was saying they'd never hit 80-2.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
The only people that should care about how LeBron left are cavs fans.

You don't need to be personally invested in him/the Cavs to see what an asshole the guy was. No one would have questioned him leaving the Cavs. It was the bulls*** parading around the country getting other teams to beg for him that pissed me off. Especially since it was all for show. It was all for attention. He knew where he was going before FA hit.