2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
My whole perception would change if that was the game he chose. That would be ballsy. We've been assuming he'd choose some lowly opponent to come back against, in a whisper.

It'd be pretty damn epic if he ended it. My perception would change as well.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 12:34 AM)
Hmm.. well damn I actually think there's a chance now.

:lol:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 25, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
My whole perception would change if that was the game he chose. That would be ballsy. We've been assuming he'd choose some lowly opponent to come back against, in a whisper.

Not a chance. Think Chicago Cubs... Wait til next year.

Colin was on Mike and Mike this morning replacing Golic, and Legler was contributing as well...they were talking about the two 3-peat Bulls teams matching up against these Heat. Legler was commenting on how we wouldn't have been able to play a center against Bosh, but that our length on defense would have terrorized the Heat. Imagine the matchups for the second 3-peat team...Jordan on Wade, Pippen on LeBron, Rodman on Bosh, Harper on Allen...what an incredible series that would be...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
Colin was on Mike and Mike this morning replacing Golic, and Legler was contributing as well...they were talking about the two 3-peat Bulls teams matching up against these Heat. Legler was commenting on how we wouldn't have been able to play a center against Bosh, but that our length on defense would have terrorized the Heat. Imagine the matchups for the second 3-peat team...Jordan on Wade, Pippen on LeBron, Rodman on Bosh, Harper on Allen...what an incredible series that would be...

Rodman guarding Bosh would make Bosh cry. Rodman would beat him down.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Rodman guarding Bosh would make Bosh cry. Rodman would beat him down.

This. You go small.

Harper - Jordan - Pippen - Kukoc - Rodman

Harper is gonna take care of Chalmers.

Jordan and Pip on Wade and LeBron

Kukoc on Battier or Allen

And Dennis Rodman mindf***ing Chris Bosh.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
BREAKING NEW: There are a couple memes floating around Facebook from a semi credible source that ROSE WILL #RETURN TOMORROW AGAINST THE HEAT.

LMAO if true. **Reads bottom part of sig**.. makes sense. Note to posters in the future, always go with the opposite from Steven's sources/hunches/guarantees/etc./etc./etc. 11 times out of 10 you will be correct. Now, this isn't confirmed at all yet, so right now, it's 10/10 your right, but when/if it is, you'll know for sure.

Now with that said, I hope he does. Rose still has that fire and hunger. No doubt, he wants to end that Heat streak.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 07:22 AM)
If there is no truth to this supposition, I'm shutting him down until next season regardless of whether or not he still wants to return this season (if I'm part of the decision-making group in the front office).

I JUST CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 06:29 AM)

I JUST CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!

Sorry, I've got to catch up with this thread (I should have, it just seems like there's always 10+ new pages since I last perused through it). I'm assuming that mine was a meatball-ish statement (it is, not going to argue with that) that's probably already been posted and dismissed.

He's supposed to play in games as part of his rehab and I'd just assume he gets that process going sooner rather than later. You let him play whenever he says he's ready, and then Thibs/FO can decide if he's ready for the playoffs.

There comes a point in time where there aren't enough games left for him to be ready for the playoffs. When that point happens, they need to tell him he isn't going to play this season. Honestly it is pretty crappy that Rose is playing this game and holding the Bulls hostage this way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
There comes a point in time where there aren't enough games left for him to be ready for the playoffs. When that point happens, they need to tell him he isn't going to play this season. Honestly it is pretty crappy that Rose is playing this game and holding the Bulls hostage this way.

He's not really playing a game. He just doesn't want to come back and not be a monster. That's where the Bulls have to come in and simply say "Derrick, it's your choice, but either you play by [insert expert chosen date] or we're shutting you down and we'll see you next year."

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)
Sorry, I've got to catch up with this thread (I should have, it just seems like there's always 10+ new pages since I last perused through it). I'm assuming that mine was a meatball-ish statement (it is, not going to argue with that) that's probably already been posted and dismissed.

No, I am not calling you a meatball at all. Im just over dramatacizing your statement in fun

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
He's not really playing a game. He just doesn't want to come back and not be a monster. That's where the Bulls have to come in and simply say "Derrick, it's your choice, but either you play by [insert expert chosen date] or we're shutting you down and we'll see you next year."

The team has tanked ever since the Derrick is almost back, crap, started. I'd love to see what their record is since the reports started leaking out, and Reggie started opening his mouth. He needs to pull his head out of his ass and think of his teammates for a few minutes. Either he is going to help them this year or he isn't. No more of this "only God knows" BS. Either commit, or walk way from this season. The Bulls have 13 games left in this season. It's decision time.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 09:19 AM)
Any risk of hampering the rehab process by shutting him down for the year? My understanding is that the next phase is "play in games." Will 6+ months of missed time mean he's that much further from his (new) 100% next season?

Presumably since at this point it's all about how he feels, he's going to get more used to how he feels with more time.

The alternative of course could be that he has a mental block he can't overcome now and the 6 months will just make that worse.

Either way, yawn.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 08:12 AM)
The team has tanked ever since the Derrick is almost back, crap, started. I'd love to see what their record is since the reports started leaking out, and Reggie started opening his mouth. He needs to pull his head out of his ass and think of his teammates for a few minutes. Either he is going to help them this year or he isn't. No more of this "only God knows" BS. Either commit, or walk way from this season. The Bulls have 13 games left in this season. It's decision time.

To be fair, this is a business. Each player has to look out for himself first and foremost. Derrick Rose is an incredibly powerful brand, and if he comes back and looks like s*** (I'm not going to bring up re-injury, doctors with degrees have stated he has no more risk than anyone else) then that hurts his brand. He wants to come back at that top level. It's what we love about him, so it's hard to turn on him even though it's frustrating as hell.

And yes, my opinion on this changes daily, because I've got so much emotion invested in Derrick Rose. It's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 08:47 AM)
To be fair, this is a business. Each player has to look out for himself first and foremost. Derrick Rose is an incredibly powerful brand, and if he comes back and looks like s*** (I'm not going to bring up re-injury, doctors with degrees have stated he has no more risk than anyone else) then that hurts his brand. He wants to come back at that top level. It's what we love about him, so it's hard to turn on him even though it's frustrating as hell.

And yes, my opinion on this changes daily, because I've got so much emotion invested in Derrick Rose. It's ridiculous.

The Bulls are a bigger business than Derrick Rose. They made it without MJ, they can make it without Rose. If he isn't ready to commit, they need to shut him down for the good of the team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 07:47 AM)

Yeah, but his "brand" is independent of his contract with the Bulls. He cannot make decisions solely for the sake of Derrick Rose, Inc. He is paid by the Bulls, and once he is medically cleared to play, he is expected to come back and play basketball for the Bulls. Obviously it is not quite that simple, but first and foremost, he works for the Bulls, not Adidas or Derrick Rose, Inc.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)

Of course, the alternative is...with "The Return" videos, the way they built up him coming back from this injury, they got fans like me who were willing and ready to be invested in his personal brand even more invested in the brand, and failing to play this year will, at least for me, devastate that good will and interest.

Basically it's the same reason I owe Steve a punch in the face now.