2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
Ehhh, 9, 10. He's been playing for the better part of a month now. Why play in a game when you can play in practice? Not sure if you knew this or not, but he is just KILLING it in practice.

Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are proud.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
Re: Rose

I couldn't see a team risking it with someone of Rose's ability, but do NBA teams have repercussions for players they feel are "milking it"?

The longer this goes on while he continues to scrimmage in practice tells me there is more to this. I really think insurance policies may be dictating when he will return. The Bulls know they aren't going to win this season. They aren't going to sell any more tickets. Maybe having someone else pick up Rose's salary this year is motivation. And who knows if Adidas has some sort of insurance against Rose missing a full season.

Since he's been practicing, and practicing well for a while now, it is absurd he hasn't suited up for a game, unless there is something else in play.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
The longer this goes on while he continues to scrimmage in practice tells me there is more to this. I really think insurance policies may be dictating when he will return. The Bulls know they aren't going to win this season. They aren't going to sell any more tickets. Maybe having someone else pick up Rose's salary this year is motivation. And who knows if Adidas has some sort of insurance against Rose missing a full season.

Since he's been practicing, and practicing well for a while now, it is absurd he hasn't suited up for a game, unless there is something else in play.

I'm starting to think all of the toughness is for TV commericials.

and this is from his supposedly loyal fan base...

He'll come back when he's ready, you guys realize that it'll take more than just a dozen or so games for him to get close to his MVP level (if he ever get's there after the major injury he had).It's a long process and he might not even make the Bulls better while he's getting his game back. He isn't going to turn this roster into a legit contender by himself. He couldn't a couple of years ago when the Bulls were better and the Heat weren't as good as they are today. I don't want us to risk our franchise player's career just because I want to see him out there. Of course T would love for him to be playing right now but if he isn't feeling it physically or mentally, I'm willing to be patient until he thinks he's ready.

All this silly stuff will blow over once he finally does come back...and he will.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)

He'll come back when he's ready, you guys realize that it'll take more than just a dozen or so games for him to get close to his MVP level (if he ever get's there after the major injury he had).It's a long process and he might not even make the Bulls better while he's getting his game back. He isn't going to turn this roster into a legit contender by himself. He couldn't a couple of years ago when the Bulls were better and the Heat weren't as good as they are today. I don't want us to risk our franchise player's career just because I want to see him out there. Of course T would love for him to be playing right now but if he isn't feeling it physically or mentally, I'm willing to be patient until he thinks he's ready.

All this silly stuff will blow over when he finally does come back...and he will.

The problem is playing in real games is part of his rehab. He doesn't want to take that step for some reason. Watching some of the clips of him practicing, and some of the comments for those who have seen him, there doesn't seem to be much reason he shouldn't be moving on to the next part of his rehab. The longer he sits, the higher the expectations when he does return.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)

All this silly stuff will blow over once he finally does come back...and he will.

Which is exactly why if he isn't ready, he needs to be closed out as a possibility for this season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
The problem is playing in real games is part of his rehab. He doesn't want to take that step for some reason. Watching some of the clips of him practicing, and some of the comments for those who have seen him, there is doesn't seem to be much reason he shouldn't be moving on to the next part of his rehab. The longer he sits, the higher the expectations when he does return.

He knows his body better than anyone of us do. He'll eventually return and I hope it's next season where he won't feel '"pressured" to come out of the gate elite like some Bulls fans think.

I can't wait to see him in training camp!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Which is exactly why if he isn't ready, he needs to be closed out as a possibility for this season.

If he isn't back tonight or within a couple days, there's no reason to bring him back this season. I wouldn't want him playing in the playoffs against the Heat or Pacers and having the crap beat out of him if he's only played ~5 games beforehand.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
If he isn't back tonight or within a couple days, there's no reason to bring him back this season. I wouldn't want him playing in the playoffs against the Heat or Pacers and having the crap beat out of him if he's only played ~5 games beforehand.

You don't bring a guy back for the playoffs to get into shape. That isn't fair to the rest of the team and fans.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
He knows his body better than anyone of us do. He'll eventually return and I hope it's next season he doean't feel "pressured" to come out of the gate wlite like some of you guys think he will.

I can't wait to see him in training camp!

I think he falls behind in his rehab if he doesn't get into games this year. As I've stated, there probably are other forces besides Derrick and what he feels his body is telling him. Maybe it is his brother, maybe it's not. Maybe it's Adidas. Maybe it's the Bulls. If his body is telling him not to play, why is he scrimmaging and playing one on one in practice?

There is something more than his knee feels a little funny when he's going to his right. We probably will never know the entire truth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
I think he falls behind in his rehab if he doesn't get into games this year. As I've stated, there probably are other forces besides Derrick and what he feels his body is telling him. Maybe it is his brother, maybe it's not. Maybe it's Adidas. Maybe it's the Bulls. If his body is telling him not to play, why is he scrimmaging and playing one on one in practice?

There is something more than his knee feels a little funny when he's going to his right. We probably will never know the entire truth.

I seen some of those videos, street pick up games are more intense.

Dwight Howard is a great example of why coming back to soon isn't always the greatest idea and he was fully cleared by doctors...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
I seen some of those videos, street pick up games are more intense.

Dwight Howard is a great example of why coming back to soon isn't always the greatest idea and he was fully cleared by doctors...

A back injury and knee injury are two very different things.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
A back injury and knee injury are two very different things.

True, but my point is that Howard was cleared to play and obviously judging by his play, wasn't really healthy.

cleared by doctors =/= healthy

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
True, but my point is that Howard was cleared to play and obviously judging by his play, wasn't really healthy.

cleared by doctors =/= healthy

I and most people understand Rose won't be 100%, but his doctor even said playing small minutes in real games is the last part of his rehab. If he isn't playing games, he's going to have a tough time getting to the level he apparently, if everything is straight about his rehab, needs to be at. Even if he waits until next season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
I just dont trust Thibs to play Rose for 5-10 minutes and watch the Bulls lose.

He just has not shown the ability to rest injured players.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
I just dont trust Thibs to play Rose for 5-10 minutes and watch the Bulls lose.

He just has not shown the ability to rest injured players.

I don't think you are being realistic if you really think Thibs would undercut the medical staff and play Rose more than his limit. He's not an idiot, and if the Bulls trusted him like you trust him, they should hire a different coach.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
I don't think you are being realistic if you really think Thibs would undercut the medical staff and play Rose more than his limit. He's not an idiot, and if the Bulls trusted him like you trust him, they should hire a different coach.

No I think that Rose does not trust Thibs, and the medical staff/Bulls are telling Rose hes fine, and Rose is worried and wont say yes.

Its not the Bulls/staff, its Rose.

(edit)

I have no inside information, its just based on reading tea leaves.

Bulls seem to indicate Rose is okay. Rose seems to be fine listening to doctors regarding practice, etc. The only thing Rose does not seem willing to try is playing. Playing is the only thing that is controlled by Thibs, not a doctor.

Edited by Soxbadger

I keep hearing mention of this video from practice yesterday of Rose playing one on one and looking dominant. Not sure if I haven't seen the correct video, but in the one I have seen, it made me sick to my stomach watching him take jumper after jumper from the top of the key looking horrid with little explosion at all.

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)
I keep hearing mention of this video from practice yesterday of Rose playing one on one and looking dominant. Not sure if I haven't seen the correct video, but in the one I have seen, it made me sick to my stomach watching him take jumper after jumper from the top of the key looking horrid with little explosion at all.

I thought the same thing.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)

They were playing a game where each player is only allowed three dribbles.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
Agreed. In the video Steve linked there is a couple decent crossovers by Rose but he doesn't really show any explosion at all.

I was a fan of the bricked 3 pointers.