2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)
Will Dan Bernstein start ripping people for feeling for Kobe?

Huh?

Kobe's facebook rant sounded like a drunk late night post from a 20 something year old showing up on your news feed, except it was an older NBA player. Kind of funny.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Huh?

Kobe's facebook rant sounded like a drunk late night post from a 20 something year old showing up on your news feed, except it was an older NBA player. Kind of funny.

Imagine that. The guy is upset he can't play and may never play again.

I know I am supposed to bow before the throne of Rose because he's a Chicago kid, but I have lost a TON of respect for him.

I found it so funny that Carmelo Anthony was telling people to leave Rose alone, while his own teammate, Iman Shumpert, was injured on the same day and he's been back since January 17.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
I know I am supposed to bow before the throne of Rose because he's a Chicago kid, but I have lost a TON of respect for him.

I found it so funny that Carmelo Anthony was telling people to leave Rose alone, while his own teammate, Iman Shumpert, was injured on the same day and he's been back since January 17.

It's in Melo's best interest that Rose doesn't return this year, because if the standings stay the same they could meet in round 2.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)

I have as well. His 'recovery' is starting to become a huge joke. Every time I see player x get hurt, I think to myself, "well, he'll be back before Rose is".

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
It's in Melo's best interest that Rose doesn't return this year, because if the standings stay the same they could meet in round 2.

I doubt NY wants to face the Bulls, with or without Rose.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)
I doubt NY wants to face the Bulls, with or without Rose.

Right now? I'd want the Bulls as a 2nd round matchup, they're less deep than some college teams. With Noah and Gibson and Hamilton and Hinrich all playing, that's a different story, but what are the odds of that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
Right now? I'd want the Bulls as a 2nd round matchup, they're less deep than some college teams. With Noah and Gibson and Hamilton and Hinrich all playing, that's a different story, but what are the odds of that?

Bulls are 4-0 against the Knicks this year with varying degrees of a depleted roster.

Aren't the Bulls 4-0 vs NY?

Although we've been shown to run out of gas in the post season under Thibs so far.

Noah and Taj return tonight. Somehow I think we're gonna end up with the 5 seed tho. We've got Orlando and Washington. Hawks have Toronto and Knicks.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

So the Bulls look like the likely 5 seed. Not bad for a team without its best player, played a lot without its best player's backup, played almost the entire season with backups at the 2 (again, sometimes 2 backups deep), had its 5 miss significant time, had its best post player off the bench miss big time, and had its All-Star 3 miss some time as well.

Not bad.