2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 05:38 AM)
If Tyson stayed out of foul trouble and defended the rim like he did the title year with Dallas, the Knicks could take Miami to 6 or 7, but that's it.

That was against the Heat in year 1 where they hadn't meshed yet. This is Heat, year 3. It's stupid how good those guys are together. LeBron just had probably the best year of his career and is playing super efficient basketball.

I'd need 3:1 odds to take the field against the Heat right now.

Edited by witesoxfan

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 13m

BREAKING: Doug Collins has resigned after three seasons as coach of the 76ers. He will remain with the team as a special consultant.

It is so crazy how he cannot last past 3 seasons with a team. Season 2 they seem prime to takeoff, then season 3 they fall apart.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 08:11 PM)
Part of me wants to see the Bulls win the NBA title this season just so Derrick feels like a fool for CHOOSING not to play.

yeah, not happening.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
I will insist to myself that anyone can win the NBA title simply by getting in and getting hot, like other sports.

Couldn't disagree more. In baseball or football, you've seen wild card teams get hot and win it all.

But basketball is the most superstar driven sport of them all. No team in recent memory won it all with a superstar except for the 04 Pistons.

And I couldn't remember the last time a team outside of the top 3 seed has won the championship.

I also don't think anyone has ever won the title without home court advantage beginning the first round.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
Couldn't disagree more. In baseball or football, you've seen wild card teams get hot and win it all.

But basketball is the most superstar driven sport of them all. No team in recent memory won it all with a superstar except for the 04 Pistons.

And I couldn't remember the last time a team outside of the top 3 seed has won the championship.

I also don't think anyone has ever won the title without home court advantage beginning the first round.

I agree, that's why I am trying to convince myself there is hope when it is an unbelievably long shot

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Maybe they'll be up 3-0 on Miami and then he'll be all HERE I COME I'M THE SAVIOR THAT WILL HELP US OVERCOME LEBRON

I was actually thinking the opposite. If Miami is up like 3-1 and we're getting blown out in the 4th quarter and it's garbage time if they'd put him in for a couple minutes.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 09:30 PM)
I was actually thinking the opposite. If Miami is up like 3-1 and we're getting blown out in the 4th quarter and it's garbage time if they'd put him in for a couple minutes.

Unless "they" is God, no one's putting him in for something pointless like that.

I wonder if Rose has put this off for the playoffs on purpose. Makes no basketball sense, but makes a ton of sense as a way to get lots of attention and possibly become a hero while the stakes are low.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 08:30 AM)
I wonder if Rose has put this off for the playoffs on purpose. Makes no basketball sense, but makes a ton of sense as a way to get lots of attention and possibly become a hero while the stakes are low.

I've always had it in the back of my mind that he was going to comeback for the playoffs to try and be the hero. I really thought that he would come back for the final game of the season just to have a warm up game first.